FF Music

I own a few Original Sountracks actually:
dyy9mXF.jpg
VII, VIII, IX, X, XIII, XIII-2 & LR - The VIII Piano Collection is a Bootleg sadly (By far my favourite Piano CD though!)

I also have both Distant Worlds I & II on Vinyl :)
1536839058104.png

Oh I also have the FF8 Vinyl too:
FjzGEyT.jpg

Huh, seeing this thread reminded me that I also own some FF soundtracks. I don't have them here though, they're sadly collecting dust in my parents' basement...I should pick them up the next time I visit them. I own these OSTs on CD:

FFVII - strange, since I'm not that big of a fan of this game's music
FFVIII - strange, since I'm not that big of a fan of this game in general, and only played it for like five hours
FFX - not strange, since it's one of my favourite two FF main series games

Oh, and I also downloaded the FFVI soundtrack on iTunes once, but for some reason was not charged for it. Apple did however block me from making any more purchases on their store back then until I had paid for the OST. I never did. Certainly not a bad album to get for free.

I'm not sure if many people know of these, but they've done some FF/S-E Jazz Albums!:
Some really fun variations here - It's nice to hear a non-piano version of the Zanarkand Theme.

There is a 2nd Volume but I can't find that online:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Square-Enix-Jazz-Vol-2-Music/dp/B07HGBRQ32/

Just checked these out and they are awesome! I'll have to give them a proper listen soon.

I'm not such a great fan of jazz as listening material, but I've always fancied sitting in a jazz lounge and having it in the background etc. So hearing tunes I know (albeit with improvisations, of course!) in jazz format is really quite interesting and helps me tune into jazz in general.

I'll have to get around to the Black Mage Albums, heard about them over the years :)

Today I listened to A Brass/Wind Orchestration of Final Fantasy VII:
A lot of fun! Really brings tracks like 'Rufus's Welcome March' in Junion to life!

Got access to an exclusive early release of Distant Worlds V!:

Track Listing:
01. Final Fantasy V: Clash on the Big Bridge
02. Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
03. Final Fantasy VI: Dark World
04. Final Fantasy IX: Unrequited Love
05. Final Fantasy XII: Flash of Steel
06. Final Fantasy VI: Opera "Maria and Darco"
07. Final Fantasy VI: Searching for Friends
08. Final Fantasy X: Hymn of the Fayth
09. Final Fantasy XIII: Saber's Edge
10. Final Fantasy Series: Cinco de Chocobo
11. Final Fantasy XV: Ignis and Raves - Theme Medley
12. Final Fantasy XI: Sword Song - Battle Medley

Last edited:
Got access to an exclusive early release of Distant Worlds V!:
View attachment 7418

Track Listing:
01. Final Fantasy V: Clash on the Big Bridge
02. Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
03. Final Fantasy VI: Dark World
04. Final Fantasy IX: Unrequited Love
05. Final Fantasy XII: Flash of Steel
06. Final Fantasy VI: Opera "Maria and Darco"
07. Final Fantasy VI: Searching for Friends
08. Final Fantasy X: Hymn of the Fayth
09. Final Fantasy XIII: Saber's Edge
10. Final Fantasy Series: Cinco de Chocobo
11. Final Fantasy XV: Ignis and Raves - Theme Medley
12. Final Fantasy XI: Sword Song - Battle Medley

Nice!

I'm so gutted that I missed out on a chance to see Distant Worlds in London. It would have been incredible to see a Distant Worlds, see Susan Calloway perform, and the orchestra, etc. Plus there was a meet-up with the KupoCon community I also missed.

But I'm glad you were able to go. Did you enjoy yourself?

The new Distant Worlds album looks great too. In many ways an interesting mix.

I also missed Distant Worlds, it was in 2017, going to London for my 30th birthday there was the DW at the Royal Albert Hall but sadly no tickets left :(

I have the FF7-9 soundtracks but I'm currently trying not to fall asleep so getting a photo ain't happening lmao. I also have the piano versions of 7-10.

Out of those, my favourite is the FF8 regular soundtrack :).

I have the Final Fantasy VII Piano Collections which is one of my favourites to listen to when I have to do work at home. I love the piano version of Cosmo Canyon. I also like listening to the FFX Piano Collections, but I don't have it . . . . yet :P

I'm actually going to Distant Words this year so I'm super hyped! I haven't been before so looking forward to it (and probably getting their album there too).

Nice!

I'm so gutted that I missed out on a chance to see Distant Worlds in London. It would have been incredible to see a Distant Worlds, see Susan Calloway perform, and the orchestra, etc. Plus there was a meet-up with the KupoCon community I also missed.

But I'm glad you were able to go. Did you enjoy yourself?

The new Distant Worlds album looks great too. In many ways an interesting mix.

Oh I did thanks! One of the highlights was hearing the VI's Dancing Mad performed with an actual Organ - Apparently deemed the 2nd biggest in Europe too! It was a real treat as last time I went they played the Forrest Theme before the Ghost Train, which was okay, but I always wanted to see that Organ played during the show, this time that wish was met :)

For the 2nd half of the show they dedicated it to Final Fantasy VII (The Hype for the remake is becoming real!) Which they played all the usual suspects, but the clarity in hearing Aerith's Theme was so good it was overbearing - Yes, a few tears were shed:P

They also released a new Strings Album which I'm frequently listening to each morning before work:

I hope they intend to release Distant Worlds IV on Vinyl this year too, with tracks like VIII's The Oath & VII's Cosmo Canyon, it's a real treat!

I'm a reformed Internet Pirate (Several years clean!) so my collection is really wimpy! ☹

I know for a fact that I own the FFIX sountracks and I picked up an album when I also got a chance to see Distant Worlds! (I've had the pleasure of seeing them twice :-) ) What an experience! I also treated my husband to the Zelda Symphony, but that's a bit unrelated.

I have a few other collections from other games though. I really want to improve my library!

@Vivi-Gamer I'm so jealous of your collection! It's so impressive! :)

Thanks @DaggerTribal :)

I have no issue with people aboard Pirate Ships, when it comes to digital content, I sail among the rest of them! But with FF Music, I try get them as I do genuinely listen to them every week - Working in a warehouse has it's benefits :P

More FF7 Music Releases announced:
Final Fantasy VII Vinyl (Original + REMAKE):

Final Fantasy VII Revival:

I've never bought a Revival Blu-ray Soundtrack, does anyone have any experience with the previous ones? I don't have a Blu-Ray drive so while I can't rip them, I can play them on my PS3/4 - It does come with an MP3 Download code from what I gather.

As for the FFVII Vinyl, While I'm miffed that I missed out on the FFVII 2-disc set, the price for this just seems far to much - Especially when you compare it to the NieR set which has 4 records covering 2 games, where this only has 2 records covering 2 games.

Last edited:
Was just browsing the S-E store & saw this!:
1571157817677.png

I can't find much info on it but it seems it will be released on January 2020! & currently going for £17.99!
From SQUARE ENIX MUSIC comes the third installation in the new album series “SQUARE ENIX JAZZ!”
This edition of “SQUARE ENIX JAZZ” features songs from FINAL FANTASY VII and contains 12 tracks, including the song “Cosmo Canyon” revealed during a Billboard Live session in February. All arrangements were created by series standbys, trombonist Eijiro Nakagawa and bassist Ryu Kawamura.

*Please note that this is a Japanese import disc.

Also, I have noticed that the Final Fantasy VII/Remake Vinyl has gone down on various sites:
1571159154264.png

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07TNVWQB2/ - £60.02

However, I found that if I order on the German site, it is even cheaper at 63.93 EURO - Which is £55.25! I don't think the text will be in German, but I could be wrong (?)

Last edited:
S-E Store are doing some major Vinyl Re-Releases later this year!:
a7efa79e1bbf24b3bb7527f1a760e760.jpg

545ca380f73374ee72da3dcd48a3abed_KR_350.jpg

20c42b8813c97db1940de149fe43f673_KR_350.jpg

95e3e059e1146459987ef35250e3faed_KR_350.jpg

I think I am definitely going to have to get the FFVII Vinyl after missing out last time, the Final Fantasy XIII record looks very appealing too!

Also the FFIX Revival Disc is up for pre-order:

Back