[FF IX] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

As someone who has replayed the game numerous times, I would like to see a spin-off of the series. I'm actually interested to learn more about past events that lead to the story of Final Fantasy IX. Something like Crisis Core for Final Fantasy VII.

If they did anything as far as a prequel/sequel or a remake, I'd love to see the Sir Fratley storyline incorporated into it. I'd love to see how he developed amnesia and the journeys he had been through prior to and after his reunion with Freya at the Cleyra Settlement.

I don't know. I don't want a second game, and I'm not sure about a remake. Its perfectly fine the way it is. Fun, looks good, has beautiful music and I can actually tell what things are.

So hmm....probably not. But it would depend on how they'd go about remaking it.

I would really like to see a remake or a sequel or prequel of it because FFIX was my favorite of all, I do believe! It had an awesome ending too, I think.

It could be interesting. I'm not sure exactly what would happen in it.

Maybe they could do something based around trying to "restart" Vivi? That might be interesting.

I would love to see a remake, sequel, or prequel of this game. I just beat the game last night, and this game did something to me only one other game did (FFVII)...it made me smile. I couldn`t help but smile, after going through the story and seeing the ending. Too bad most role-playing games are not the way they used to be anymore.

If there was any kind of spin-off to Final Fantasy IX I would love it. This is my favorite Final Fantasy game. Ideally I would love for them to do a whole series spin-off like they did for Final Fantasy VII. A movie, a short anime episode, and possible remake (I know it's just a rumor, but it could happen). If not that, at least a sequel, FFX got one! :P

I'd love nothing more than a sequel/spin-off/remake, but it's very unlikely to ever happen. This game just doesn't have the popularity pushing it that 7 did, or the need for financial recovery that 10-2 did (after the flop that is 11). 9 has a rich fantasy world with excellent characters, species, and locations. It would be fantastic to see something more in the setting, or even just the setting in more detail.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'd rather they just left it alone. It really is a fantastic game, and I can't see them doing anything to it that would make it better instead of worse. Squeenix has been a little meh lately, and I'd rather they be that way away from games I love.

If they did a spinoff it would be game of the year especially upgrading the graphics and giving the character voices. upgrading the fighting scenes to the PS3 with graphics that would be the best game HANDS DOWN!!!

This is my favourite game and of course I would want a sequel to the game on ps3. Maybe this one could introduce more characters and better more powerful spells and weapons.

I really do miss more gams like ff9. Since ff10 they have been focusing on making the characters look more and more like real people. I hope they won`t completly forget about the amazing fantasy characters you find in ff9. I would have so loved to have a sequel to the game on PS3 as well.

I dont think the game has to be completely remade because I think its pretty perfect now.

But I wouldnt mind it being given a special release makeover...I think the backgrounds on ff9 are amazing but the character models could all be remade, the battle system is fine but it could be completely revamped and given new everything to make it much more enjoyable to look at.
also voice acting being added would not go amiss...good voice acting though.

If all this was done and final fantasy 9 was re-released on 'special edition' there would be no need for a complete remake, and final fantasy 9 would be a much more attractive and slightly more up to date game :)

I would love to see a remake of this game. Zidane, Vivi, Steiner, Garnet, Quina... and all the other guys were an awesome set of characters. I'd love to see a follow up of this game.

This is my favorite Final Fantasy game in the entire series! So my answer is a resounding "YES!" I would love to see an amazing cast, wonderful story, and the most amazing mini-games remade. A spinoff wouldn't be too bad either, as long as it came along with a remake.

To see a world that was already wonderfully designed would be a plus. And to see the characters updated and brought to a world of gaming that has taken a near-realistic feel would be awesomesauce. As long as they don't change out the battle system and keep it a classic final fantasy (I'm obviously a conservative when it comes to this genre). :)

I used to yearn for a sequel to this game, simply because I wanted the story to go on further. However the more time that passes, I inceasingly feel a direct sequel wouldn't be fitting. Yes, FFVII was spoiled by Square Enix going crazy with sequels, prequels and spin offs, but disregarding that I'm not sure exactly how much I value individual sequels like After Years or X-2. I won't deny I had fun playing them, but do I feel they improved upon storyline? Not really, certainly not in FFIV's case, I preferred the story as a whole before I played the sequel. Therefore, I'd really rather FFIX wasn't given a direct sequel, despite there being good grounds for doing so, the story feels complete as it is.

A spinoff could be interesting though, elaborating on one of the more minor characters. Tantalus and Beatrix are possible candidates, and I also like the idea of a Sir Fratley spinoff that was mentioned previously in this thread. That could have a lot of potential seeing as how his adventures were never really given much consideration in the main game.

Concerning a remake, I'm completely on the fence. I personally don't think there is much need for it, in my opnion the game holds up really well today, and no remake could top the pre rendered scenery for me either. I'd still buy it though, and just pray they gave the characters decent voice actors.

After the terrible job they did on butchering FFVII, no thanks. Heh. Sequels seem to break more things than they mend, so no thanks.

I am not sure about a remake...I'd like to see FFIX's characters more often though,it feels like it has been forgotten.We see FFVII characters participate in so many fanservice games but that's rare for FFIX.
I'll be just happy with appearances of the characters in games.
No need for remake or spin-offs.It's fine left on its own.

I wouldn't want to see a sequel, but a re-make would be really fun! No music changed or anything, just better graphics :D I would totally buy it then.

A remake for this game would seem really unnecessary to me. FFIX is already a great game for itself... the graphics, the gameplay, everything is good enough for what it is. And what's the whole deal about the graphics? I mean, can't people just use their imagination to picture their favorite classic game with such a quality item as their own imagination? That's the magic about 'old games', they make our imagination work in ways we can't even explain. I recently played VI, and I had imagined the whole game as if it had the XIII graphics, and it was amazing. :P

Okay, putting the graphics topic aside, the game should just be re-released unchanged.

And about sequels... humm... I dunno. It'd be nice, I guess, but I'm fully aware that it wouldn't be the same. I don't know what could they possibly bring up for a new plot, and aside that I know incredible sequel fanfics that a game could hardly surpass... But that's just me! I don't really think that FFIX needs sequel nor spin-offs. It's a perfect game alone! :P

Back