[FF IX] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

No i wouldnt want anything new out of IX.

I love the game! But i dont see anything new that needs to be done with it or even a remake. It is perfect the way it is. SE needs to not spend the time on redoing already great games and just focus on the unheard of great FF's of the future.

I'd love to see FFIX get some attention again. If it was remade, I'd hope they would improve the Trance system so it is more convenient to use. (almost every time one of my characters tranced, the battle was already finished before I could use it) I'd like to see what a spinoff would have

Last edited:
Well,I would welcome a remake but it would ruin it.........

Of course if there was a remake it would rock and personally I'd love it.However many people are not gonna so if I was SE I wouldn't touch this game.

As for a Sequel or Prequel.........It could be recieved better by people but it would definately miss elements of a normal FF.......in which FFIX had almost all the FF elements and felt like a proper FF game.

But I really can't think of a sequel or prequel.......

Though if they do consider it......I'd like to see more of Beatrix and Blank.

IMO, I think any spin-off of this game would not be good. Especially if it were post-game. Some things are better left up to the imagination. I'd hate to see characters, stories, and an ending that I really liked ruined by a terrible spin-off story and possible retcons. Not to mention the guy who wrote the story doesn't work there anymore

I do feel torn about a remake. I mean, who doesn't want to see their favorite game, characters, places, in shiny new graphics? It would be interesting to see my favorite places in 3D. The tilemaps were so well painted and detailed as is though...

But, would a game like FF9 lose all of its artistic style from a full 3D remake? Would it keep everything from the original intact? Would they add extra fluff like an optional dungeon? There are so many ways they could mess up such an amazing game and only a handful of things they could do to make it better.

I do know a remake would have voice acting and ............I seriously cringe at the thought of all that dialogue being heard out loud. Ugh, especially if they kept Zidane's and Kuja's actors from Dissidia (I didn't like the Japanese or English voices). Honestly, bad voices could ruin characters for me

There is only one thing I would personally change: design the characters' clothing off of Amano's illustrations because they were really interesting (especially Quina, Eiko, Vivi, and Freya. omg so gorgeous).

I can't lie; in the end, I would shamelessly buy anything new FF9-related, whether it ends up being a horrible sequel or a terribly animated OVA (yeah, I'm looking at you Last Order >_>) I just won't be the one encouraging them to make it

I actually think a movie to this game would be amazing, espically in the beginning with the I Wanna Be Your Canary act.

I know that alot of people are butthurt about making things "new" and whatever, i dont really see why this is the case. Its not like anyone is forcing them to watch/play it and they can always return to the original. I will never understand this attitude.

Besides IX is very underrated.

I have been waiting for something like this... i personalty don't care what it is, i just want to see a add on to this game, mainly to expand on the love story between Zidane and Garnet/Dagger. To me it won't be complete unitll we know foe sure they kiss and they tell each other other that they love each other, i know you can tell but if Yuna and Tidus can say it then these two can, I HATE FFX with a passion, because Tidus is stupid and Yuna is just a fool, it made me so angry when Yuna told Tidus that she loved him and Dagger at the end just stays silent... But i just love Dagger and Zidane, it would be nice if it was a movie, have battle scenes similar to AC. but have Zidane battle Odin and make some messed up bad asses trying to revive Garland, but don't add a sex scene like i think they would do, a kiss would do just fine between Dagger and Zidane, the only thing that i need to see is for Garnet to tell Zidane that she loves him or vice versa, bu there needs to be a add on because nine was the best thing since seven, if seven can be turned into a move then nine can as well, as for a game... i would be nice if we could learn more about what the Genomes were, that whole Angle of Death thing would be a damn good before the game story (i can't spell the word i am looking for), but that is just my opinion, well as for a after the adventure game (again can't spell the word i am looking for) you could have Garnet's father come back and try to kill Zidane but since Garnet stills love Zidane she helps him... this is just my view on things so tell me what you think.
"you don't need a reason to help"

there is a saying that goes with this idea. if it aint broken, don't fix it, However saying that i think it would be a good idea for a remake with voice overs and better graphics. A sequil will only water down the story.

With the events that happened at the end of this game (and i just recently finished it for the first time, shame on me) I don't think that a sequel would really have a place. I think that if SE were to pull one off they'd come up with a pretty lame storyline, one that probably won't involve most of the cast due to events and also because they'd want to add in new characters.

A remake would be nice.. but my thoughts on it are exactly like the FF7 remake, everything should stay exactly the same with extra things added in and nothing taken out. Personally though I don't think that this game needs a remake. It's perfectly fine as it is. <3

Maybe a prequel with the Tantalus gang? That would be rather interesting.

Maybe have Zidane just being accepted in and his quest with them, it could be set up and made into a cool game. Seeing more of Blank and playing as him more often sure would be cool! No remakes or sequels though, that would totally ruin this game.
-Bretboy129 ~ Bret Hudson

While I would still infinitely enjoy a spin-off and/or sequel, I'm not sure if it's entirely necessary. Final Fantasy IX is almost perfect as a single, standalone game.

Though, that said, I would ADORE a full HD remake, that upgraded only the graphics, since I love the art style so much, and perhaps some higher quality audio.

i must say...a prequel would be pretty cool as long as it is nothing like crisis core....i hated that game anyways...it would have to go more in depth about all their backgrounds like garland and how terra started failing ...how he created zidane and kuja...what happened once zidane got to gaia...what happened to kuja...more on freya ...and vivi....something about his creation and he ended up with his grandpa....alot could be done with this game...limitless potential...but as said before it will probably just be a letdown...like crisis core...or advent children....**nods**

Once the first three Fabula Nova Crystallis games are all out, I want them to do either a game or movie of an FFXIIIxFFvsXIIIxFFAgitoXIII crossover. :ryan: I mean, COME ON people! It could so work! It'd be great to see all three games' characters meeting each other and fighting together for the same cause.:x3:

Once the first three Fabula Nova Crystallis games are all out, I want them to do either a game or movie of an FFXIIIxFFvsXIIIxFFAgitoXIII crossover. :ryan: I mean, COME ON people! It could so work! It'd be great to see all three games' characters meeting each other and fighting together for the same cause.:x3:

This thread is about an FFIX remake. There is a similar thread in the FFXIII section regarding remakes/spinoffs. :)

It would be nice to play a game featuring all the Tantalus troupe,and how they joined the group,even some adventures of them and the young Zidane around Gaia.
Maybe some written story (like On a Way to a Smile,loved it) told by Baku's,Marcus,or somebody else perspective.

A prequel game showing Beatrix became the paladin she was,that could show Steiner's story too.

A prequel showing the lives of summoners,and the destruction of the village(including new characters that could have appeared/died on that time),that could explain more the flux of souls of Gaia , and maybe tell something about another banned/sealed Eidolon(like Ozma)

I would love a remake of this game simply to upgrade the graphics, maybe give a few of the characters a bit more story (like Quina and Steiner), and smooth out some of the rough spots (give a way to avoid random battles or increase random battles like a few usable items or a new ability), maybe some added side quests that delve more into each character's history (Maybe a sidequest to help rebuild Burmecia by finding and hiring people or doing quests for people, and by disc 4, your choices on who does what job determines what the rebuilt city looks like and what stores/items are available ala Breath of Fire 2). Other than that, nothing else should be touched. The last thing this magnificent title needs is to be turned into another X-2.

And give Fratley some more story! Perhaps add Fratley an a small group to play as in a story related side-quest, like having Fratley recall everything that happened since he developed amnesia and perhaps an explanation on how he developed it in the first place!

Last edited:
Hmmm I dunnooo... I kind of love the game how it is but I would really really love to see how the characters look in High def and better CGI.
I doubt it would ever happen because they wont make a remake of FFVII and FFIX is longer than VII (if I recall)

perhaps if they made a prequal or something to it I'd be all for it...only if they put lots of love and effort into it though, I don't want some crappy half assed thing that ruines the game for me .....(X-2.....:jimberry:)

Back