Favorite Historical Person(s)

Warbsywoo

Hellodia.
Veteran
Gil
I can't find my older thread on this topic, so I'll start a new one. If anyone finds it, link me it and I'll merge it, thankies. :)

Favorite historical persons:

1.) In music, John Lennon. He had stuff to say. Too bad he didn't live long enough to say them all.

2.) In war, Richard the Lionheart. Not only does his name have Lion and Heart in it, he was already a capable commander during the Crusades.

3.) 20th century leader - Churchill. If you are British and have no idea why I picked him...I have nothing to say. He basically led the Western Allies to war before American intervention in 1942.

I don't know much about history...

MUSIC: Probably Beethoven, just because he inspired so many other branches of music. Also Nobuo Uematsu, but he isn't really historical yet...

CHINESE HISTORY: Haha, I just had to. I'd probably say Han Xun or Cao Cao because they were awesome military leaders, and had such a rich personal history/life.

MOVIES: Marilyn Monroe. I know she's the stereotypical girl idol, but I thought she was classy, too. I ended up studying her in Psychology last semester and she's an interesting dame.

He basically led the Western Allies to war before American intervention in 1942.
not very well though, and he screwed up the gallipoli landing in WW1
i agree with John Lennon though

Karl Marx- the father of communism, a genius

Friedrich Nietzsche- for perpetuating the myth that all philosophers have an 's' in their name and for being the greatest philospher ever imo

Leo Tolstoy- Greatest Author Ever, nuff said

I can't find my older thread on this topic, so I'll start a new one. If anyone finds it, link me it and I'll merge it, thankies. :)

Favorite historical persons:

1.) In music, John Lennon. He had stuff to say. Too bad he didn't live long enough to say them all.

2.) In war, Richard the Lionheart. Not only does his name have Lion and Heart in it, he was already a capable commander during the Crusades.

3.) 20th century leader - Churchill. If you are British and have no idea why I picked him...I have nothing to say. He basically led the Western Allies to war before American intervention in 1942.
Lennon and Churchill are gods.

I'm going to be really controversial here, and say Hitler. Yeah. Not for the whole genocide and killing the Jews and crap like that. But you can't deny that he was one hell of a motivator, and a great leader.

With music, I will have to agree with RF and pick Beethoven. He is probably the most well known composer in music. After all the Europeon Union is using Ode to Joy from his 9th symphony. His music just inspires.

History- I would have to pick Czar Peter the Great from Czarist Russia in the late 17th and early 18th century. He was a larger than life character. Yes, he was a tyrant. But he brought the west to Russia and took them out of the middle ages. He also was no stranger to hard physical labor. He worked as hard as the common man. He was not crazy about luxury. But he also had the power of life and death. A strange combination.

John Lennon is a good one.

Hitler would be one of mine. Don't get me wrong--I'm not in support of the actions he took or the beliefs he held, but he's extremely interesting.

ALL HEIL MEIN JEWKILLER :monster:

'nuff said? Hitler was like a villain that jumped out of a fucking horrid tale and committed outrageous acts such as using babies for target practice, and other shit that was just gawdawful.

Plus he had that thing going on with his mustache.

That said, Hitler is really the only historical figurehead that I know, or feel that has actually made a strong impact in history.

I love Frank Sinatra, all the Rat pack guys really. Im a sucker for those old films.

Based on historical importance... many, many people.

However, for the 20th century...

Lenin, F.D Roosevelt, David Lloyd George, Stalin, Hitler, Mao Zedong, Nikita Khrushchev, and Mikhail Gorbachev, were really important figures. Some of them tyrants, but tyrants often shape history greatly.

Music: Freddy Mercury; his music is awesome, and the songs were truly masterpieces.

History: Emiliano Zapata; he's (along with Francisco 'Pancho' Villa) my favorite character in the Mexican history.

There're a lot more: Martin Luther King, Malcom X, Mohamed Ali, Ghandi, Buda, Copernico, etc.

Geez, as a history-lover, i won't finish if i keep telling names xD.

i would have to also say jack the ripper first

for TV wise: Lucile ball

War: hitler, osama, sadam husen, ulysis. S grant, george washigtion, Kangaskahn

Music: Frank sinatra, Arethra Franklin, the temptation, the beatles, micheal jackson and many more

Back