Help Each characters best class

Oggaming

Gil
I am totally new to ff and I was just curious to what each characters best role is as far as clerics and mages and tanks and so on and so forth so help me out please what is each characters best class like Lulu prob could be used as a tank but as far as I can tell I definitely wouldn't recommend that build she would be a Mage obviously but fill in the other spots for me please

Each character in FFX can eventually, be any type of class you want. As the Sphere Grid allows for diverse ways to advance your characters in many many disciplines.

Though, each character starts out as a specific type of class -

Tidus - Warrior
Yuna - She's essentially a White Mage, and a Summoner
Auron - Berserker, I suppose
Wakka - I'm not sure what Wakka is.
Kimahri - He's a Dragoon, from the looks of his Overdrives.
Rikku - Thief/Rogue/Ninja
Lulu - Black Mage

Those are their implied starting classes. But as you play FFX, you can have each character learn every ability in the game.

And it's up to you in the end how to play each character.

Unfortunately, later in the game Lulu becomes useless since you can have Yuna learn black magic, and her magic points (are they points?) are considerably higher, about 20 I remember. That's a little off topic.

In the sphere grid it's best to have them follow along their normal path, as they don't do well much anywhere else. Kimahri's path, I remember, sort of lead into a large fork where you could have him follow in different person's footsteps. I had him follow Tidus', although I think that may have not suited best as he didn't learn any particular skills :hmmm:

Each character in FFX can eventually, be any type of class you want. As the Sphere Grid allows for diverse ways to advance your characters in many many disciplines.

Though, each character starts out as a specific type of class -

Tidus - Warrior
Yuna - She's essentially a White Mage, and a Summoner
Auron - Berserker, I suppose
Wakka - I'm not sure what Wakka is.
Kimahri - He's a Dragoon, from the looks of his Overdrives.
Rikku - Thief/Rogue/Ninja
Lulu - Black Mage

Those are their implied starting classes. But as you play FFX, you can have each character learn every ability in the game.

And it's up to you in the end how to play each character.

I feel as is Wakka would be like an aerial assault type of character because thats all hes really useful for :P. Hitting the enemies from the air & his overdrives are about the only useful thing about him honestly.

it makes absolutely no difference later in the game, because everyone can learn everything. the only character that really matters is yuna because she can summmon

It's true the only difference late game is Yuna's summon ability and overdrives of which Wakka then Tidus have the best.

There's not much you can influence in terms of classes early game with the sphere grid essentially funneling everyone down their specific paths other than Kimahri who I'd advise taking down Auron's path. The ability to have two characters with access to the break abilities and as sentinel tanks is a game breaker, not to mention Auron's monstrous strength progression. Tidus' path is another good option for speed and support, Yuna's for healing too.

Just don't take him down Lulu's path, magic gets useless mid game onwards.

i usually take kimahri to learn the sphere extracting abilities, because there's a point around mihen when you have loads of abilities to learn, and no ability spheres to use, so being able to use that is a big help. it cripples his strength for the point in the game though, because other than getting spheres it makes him pretty useless

True, but then you can just grind the ability spheres with just one character using the extract ability. Google tells me extract ability is on Wakka's path whose abilities and stat progression aren't too shabby so it's a solid option.

I use the advanced one because I read somewhere that it has more nodes which makes for higher stats. I can't remember where the abilities are on it though.

Back