Duel Colosseum

Personally I only use Duel Colliseum for materia gathering (the different elixers, as well as special armours, for instance) though BlackJack can make things a bit more interesting, especially with battles.

Really depends what you're into, but it is really versatile.

Hm. The only time I go into the Duel Colosseum would be for some form of entertainment, and for PP. Most of the time, the opponents would be hardly a challenge, so I'll probably breeze through battles after battle, and ultimately rack up quite a sum of PP, assuming I do not unlock any chests as well. From there, I could trade them in for quite a tidy sum of PP.

Quite a convenience especially if you're not getting enough of it from ordinary battles against some random AIs.

Although it is possible to use it to get some items as well, I never went in there for this reason. Simply because I forgot about it :P

Lately all I've been using Duel Colosseum for is leveling up characters, I get some PP and such in the process, as well as some items, so it's a good way to train imo.

What is the largest number of consecutive wins you've gotten (in any Course)? I could've gone on forever probably, but I have gotten 100 consecutive wins at the Course with CPUs ranging from Level 31-60 (can't remember the name of the Course...it is the second one).

I always use the duel colosseum to get item ingredients eg elixirs as well as some other cool stuff. Just wondering, what's the best chance of getting item drops of lufenian equipment in black jack course and what is the chance ratio?

I like the duel colosseum for getting stuff for rossetta stones and for a challenge.

It's sad I've only got a lvl 100 zidane
lvl 45 cloud (and lvling)
and a lvl 18 the emporer....

PS forgive the bad spelling.....

That's one of the only reasons I do the Colosseum, components for Rosseta Stones. Other than that, I collect the Dusty/Hi-/Megalixers for each chracters ultima weapon.

How do you get the Ultima weapon? OTL

I mainly use Duel Colisseum to level up characters and collect ingredients and equipment, and lately, for unlocking Chaos reports (I have 4 so far). The best I have at the Falcon course is only 78 wins because I got tired, and because Butz already reached level 100 so I decided to stop and level up someone else.

It's kind of difficult for me to understand which items are which, though, because I'm playing on the Japanese version, still. Although I check first before I unlock any chests. As for the PP, I don't need them anymore. I have like 30,000+ piled up already.

How do you get the Ultima weapon? OTL

I mainly use Duel Colisseum to level up characters and collect ingredients and equipment, and lately, for unlocking Chaos reports (I have 4 so far). The best I have at the Falcon course is only 78 wins because I got tired, and because Butz already reached level 100 so I decided to stop and level up someone else.

It's kind of difficult for me to understand which items are which, though, because I'm playing on the Japanese version, still. Although I check first before I unlock any chests. As for the PP, I don't need them anymore. I have like 30,000+ piled up already.

To acquire Ultima Weapon, you need a Whisperweed which you can get by fighting and breaking Golbez (Fusoya friend card) until you get it, Noah's Lute which you can get by fighting and breaking Onion Knight (Ninja friend card) and the Aquarius recipe. You need you enter some codes by editing your personal friend card, you need these codes to unlock those cards, there is not another way to unlock those cards, so I will provide you with a link that contains the codes you need.

Link: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/code/939394.html

From the Main Menu, select "Communications Mode", then "Friend Card Settings". Select the "Edit Message" button. Erase all of your message, and then type in the password code. Upon hitting start, you will see a popup accepting your password. (Your Friend Card Message will then reset to how it was prior to entering the password). To fight Ghost Data, go to the "Offline Lobby" and select a Friend Card, then click "Ghost Battle".

Last edited:
It's actually wall rush to battlegen whisperweed. I thought that that was covered in another thread. Can you get chaos reports in any duel colloseum mode? I love treasure hunting there.

I found a pink tail in the lunar whale course. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough medals.

Love duel coliseum but getting those mega elixirs is awfully time consuming, I have to always hope for a run of weak enemies.

farming mega elixirs is easy. you just have to ge a quite strong equipment and good accs so it isnt any problem. my rekord is like 120 fights in the lvl 90 to 120 coliseum. i was kinda bored so i quited it. got 50 mega elixirs and a lot of other stuff...

Just get a ranger or a red mage and ya rockin'. That's what I do. If you've got heaps of medals, you can probably dragoon spam until you get the right treasure you want e.g. pink tail.

Which course is it easiest to get Lifestones from? Or, if you can, Rosseta Stones. I need a fair few of them ¬.¬ Mainly for Extra Acc. slots, but also so I can make 'Miracle Shoes'.

I usually save up medals for the Elixer type things... you can exchange them for a whole buncha stuff, that I use to make new weapons. It's sure nice to be lvl 100 in these courses,its easier to get stuff.

Back