Dragon Quest Treasures announced; simultaneous worldwide release planned

DQT.png

A new spinoff Dragon Quest title is on its way...eventually. Dragon Quest Treasures will star Erik, the blue-haired thief from Dragon Quest XI as well as Mia from the same game, but this time as children. Previously announced as a Dragon Quest Monsters title, the Erik and Mia project has flown the nest and is taking shape as a new spinoff title outright.

As is usual of this series of announcements from the 35th anniversary stream, no platforms or release date are given, though Square Enix are hoping for a simultaneous worldwide release.

Game producer Taichi Inazuka had this to say about the project:

We’re working on a completely new spin-off of the Dragon Quest series called Dragon Quest Treasures.

You may have seen us show of the designs for Erik and Mia as children before, and through various twists and turns, they have become the lead characters of Treasures.

I can’t reveal too much about the game at the moment, but I can tell you some important key themes: “Erik and Mia’s childhood,” and “treasure hunting.”

It’s an RPG, but nothing at all like a traditional one, and that’s just about all I can say right now.

The release date and the platforms it will be playable on are as yet unannounced, but we’re working closely with [Dragon Quest game designer Yuji] Horii to make a worldwide simultaneous release happen.

We’ll bring you more information at a later date. That was the new spin-off of the Dragon Quest series, Dragon Quest Treasures.

Linnaete

Linnaete

Back