Dragon Quest IX Definitely Coming 11th of July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gingerbread Lesbian

Banned
Veteran
Gil
Dragon Quest IX has been nothing but a catalogue of errors for Square Enix, as the game was initially planned for release in 2007. Despite this, here we are in mid-2009 and the game still hasn't been released.

Most recently, the game was officially penned in for the 28th of March, 2009, after Square Enix unveiled the release date at the end of a trailer. However they then had to go against that, and on the 12th of February, informed the general public that the game would be delayed until the 11th of July, 2009.

With confidence low amongst Dragon Quest fans in Japan, it was understandable that at a press event in Tokyo earlier today, Ryutaro Ichimura, the producer on the game, instantly attempted to waylay fears about another postponement before the presentation even started

The game is currently in production at the factories and on the 11th of July, you will definitely be able to get your hands on the game.
There's still no confirmation about a Western release date and with regards to Dragon Quest, it's definitely not something that will be a priority to Square Enix. However, as stated, Japanese gamers will be able to play this on their Nintendo DS on the 11th of July, 2009.

Source: GamingUnion

I can't wait to get my hands on this. It looks phenomenal for a DS game. Hopefully we'll see it in the US/EU this winter.

Wewt! I personally loooved VIII and I just can't wait for this one! I hope we won't have to wait to long for a Western release.

It was meant to be released in 2007? Ouch, what year is it now? Level 5, you're all getting too tied up with the endless Layton games!

If western versions of DQIX won't be much of a priority (I can see why), then don't expect to see it in your local gamestore by late 2010 as predicted.

BUT I will be waiting patiently. However SE, of there is another reason for a delay, I will break something valuable.

I am praying that this actually reaches western shores, because squeenix has been oddly quiet concerning localization. This looks like it'll probably be the best JRPG I've played this gen since Lost Odyssey and TWEWY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back