Multiple Platforms Dragon Age II

That trailer is truly pimpin! The new qunari look even more badass in cgi than they do in the concept art.

I LOVE the new Qunari look. Hawke looks badass. Shame the trailer isn't anything more than a hype device. Is gameplay footage too much to ask?

March 8 :gasp: can't wait.

I LOVE the new Qunari look. Hawke looks badass. Shame the trailer isn't anything more than a hype device. Is gameplay footage too much to ask?

March 8 :gasp: can't wait.

Well at least it wasn't set to the tunes of Marilyn Manson or 30 Seconds to Mars. That really took my anticipation for Dragon Age Origins down a notch :lew:

Well at least it wasn't set to the tunes of Marilyn Manson or 30 Seconds to Mars. That really took my anticipation for Dragon Age Origins down a notch :lew:

Ditto -__- Only I heard the 30 Seconds to Mars song in the ending credits instead. It felt awesome beating DAO till that song was playing and I was like "what the fuck is this shit? :ahmed:"

A bit off topic, but does anyone else think they're going to make an MMO out of Dragon Age after the third or fourth installment? My speculation goes as follows:

There are 7 Old Gods. In Dragon Age: Origins, there have already been 4 blights that passed; taking 4 dragons off the list. Then you, as a Grey Warden, lead an army to eliminate the 5th. So there are 2 more blights left. Gives you the idea that they're making a trilogy or cycle right? (They might not have a blight in Dragon Age II, who knows?) So what's stopping them from making an MMO that takes place in the first Blight? they'll have 3 expansion packs, one for each blight, leading up to the fourth and final before the occurrence in Dragon Age Origins.

Thoughts?

The blights are too far apart to easily be turned into a narrative for an MMO. The first blight happened in 800 TE while the second blight happened 400 years later in the divine age. The third blight occured roughly 200 years after that.

EDIT!

Here's a pretty interesting hands-on preview of Dragon Age 2. Be warned though, it contains some spoilers for those who haven't played Dragon Age Origins as well as some VERY minor ones for Dragon Age 2: http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/111/1112943p1.html

Last edited:
Yeah, saw it. Again, really glad they're sticking with the character approval/disapproval system.

Right, I don't know how that slipped my mind. But you never know, at least they have some material if they want to release prequels or some shit.

Going back to the trailer, is that a sword blade on top of a staff? I'm thinking that's the idea since he's a "combat mage" and can use magic and all that giggidy. Melee/magic hybrids are my favorite.

dragonage25.jpg

Dragon Age 2 “Destiny” trailer gets extra 42 seconds with director’s cut

BioWare’s released an extended version of the gamescom Dragon Age 2 reveal trailer, granting an extra 42 seconds of show-stopping CG. Get it in HD after the break.

The footage shows protagonist Hawke facing off against a regicidal boss is one of the studio’s phenomenal, trademark teasers.
Hit the YouTube logo at the base of the video to watch it in 720p. It was released at 1080p, but we’re not that brave. Watch an [URL="http://www.vg247.com/2010/08/17/dragon-age-2-dated/"]SD version of the gamescom trailer here[/url].
Get the latest screens [url=http://www.vg247.com/2010/08/18/ea-releases-three-new-screens-of-dragon-age-2/]here[/URL].
The hugely anticipated RPG was given a US and UK release date by Dr Ray at [URL="http://www.vg247.com/2010/08/17/dragon-age-2-dated/"]EA’s gamescom press event last week[/url]; it’ll hit on March 8 and 11 respectively.

I thoroughly enjoyed Dragon Age: Origins (including Awakening and all the DLC), and even though that's only a cinematic trailer, I know I'll be getting this game when it's released. I'm a fan of Fantasy novellas etc, do more Dragon Age is a good thing imo.

Also, on September 7th, the final DLC for Dragon Age: Origins will be released. Titled Witch Hunt (Link: http://dragonage.bioware.com/dao/witch_hunt/#). is released the same day Mass Effect 2's 'Lair of the Shadow Broker' is released. Need to get more Microsoft Points to grab both.

Oh man. Just got paid and Im mega skint. I so need to get both DLCs lol. I so cant wait for DAO 2, but Ill miss Alistair, he was awesome and nice eye candy! Ordered one of the books online.

Oh man. Just got paid and Im mega skint. I so need to get both DLCs lol. I so cant wait for DAO 2, but Ill miss Alistair, he was awesome and nice eye candy! Ordered one of the books online.

I finished reading The Stolen Throne and it was damn good. It made me regret a certain decision I made in my first playthrough which I will not spoil :wacky:

I'm currently reading The Calling, so far so good. Still prefer The Stolen Throne though. Did you know these books were released before the game? :hmmm:

My girlfriend bought The Calling and absolutely devoured that book. Personally I only made it 6 pages into it before I had to give up due to how awful the writing is :yawn: I actually read a lot of licensed fiction and I don't expect any of it to be literary masterpieces (though an imprint like Black Library has done a couple of real quality releases over the last couple of years) but even by the standards of average licensed fiction, The Calling was pure rubbish.

We finally get a glimpse at the female Hawke

da2-2-517.jpg

Also, the new Qunari design in real-time

DA2-1-517.jpg

Dragon Age II video shows 5 minutes of gameplay

da2.jpg

A new off-screen video for Dragon Age II has granted five minutes of in-game play.

Although the video isn’t of the greatest quality, it still gives us an idea of the type of action to expect when the game arrives on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 next year.

The video itself comes out of the Igromir Game Expo, which takes place in Moscow every November. It’s the biggest event of it’s kind in Eastern Europe.

Dragon Age II will be available on PC, PS3, and 360 on March 8 in the US and March 11 in Europe.

Source - http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/07/dragon-age-ii-gets-five-minutes-of-gameplay/#more-127918

I really liked the first one, and the graphics in the pictures don't look that bad. I can't tell too much in the video, but if it's as good as the first game, it will be worthy to get. I like that BioWare are finally making more games like this, because they aren't as well known as others, but their games tend to be very good

It doesn't look like alistair's going to be in this one either... Gawd that sucks. I'll think about playing it though... maybe.

I haven't even played Awakening yet, I refuse to because I can't eye-hump Alistair while running around killing stuff. I find his unbearable silliness and goofiness to be super hawt. Also, he's smexy looking.

Am I weird?! D: <3

BioWare introduces us to Dragon Age II soldier Aveline Vallen

DA2.jpg

BioWare has posted a new character for Dragon Age II on the game’s official website, and we’ve got the information on her posted below.

Her name is Aveline Vallen and she’s a soldier, who is “a master of sword and shield, and a tireless guardian… to a point”.
Here’s what the website says about her:
The daughter of an exiled chevalier, Aveline is not the knight her father wished her to be. Although fully trained in chivalrous combat, she was raised in the shadow of a lost life and will not lose another for the sake of honor. Protecting her adopted home of Kirkwall becomes a chosen duty, not a privileged calling. The people she stands for will not be wasted on lost causes or protecting the foolish from themselves. Pride can be bandaged like any other wound—when threats are dead and everyone is safely home.
Previous character reveals include the dwarf Varric and pirate scourge Isabela.
Dragon Age II will be available on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on March 8 in the US and March 11 in Europe.

screenshot-06-aveline-p.jpg

screenshot-05-aveline-p.jpg

aveline-01-pose-p.jpg

She can play with your sword like no other woman could ever wield it. :britt:

Source - http://www.vg247.com/2010/11/26/bioware-introduces-us-to-dragon-age-ii-soldier-aveline-vallen/

Previous character reveals include the dwarf Varric and pirate scourge Isabela.

Pirate scourge Isabela.
wallpaper-06-isabela-1280x1024.jpg

screenshot-01-isabela-p.jpg

screenshot-02-isabela-p.jpg

Dwarf Varric.
varric-01-coat-p.jpg

screenshot-03-varric-p.jpg

screenshot-04-varric-p.jpg

I gotta say I hope their VA's make up for the ugly designs of characters..The women look like men tbh :tehe:

Update_

Dragon Age II may be “our most reactive game to date”, says BioWare

DAII.jpg

BioWare has released a new developer diary for Dragon Age II, and it sums up for the viewer some of the ideas the development team had for the game, along with a really crazy idea that didn’t make the cut.

One idea in particular that didn’t make it in was from art director Matthew Goldman had the lycanthrope main character Hawke tasting his own blood and howling.
Interesting though that may be, that’s not all that’s present in the dev diary. There’s tons of art, some gameplay, and even the game’s team talking about how choice you make in the game affect it right away instead of through an epilogue at the end.
“Where Origins really shone by having this huge epilogue with thousands of variations based on the choices you made, we’ve instead moved that into the gameplay [for DA2],” said the game’s lead designer Mike Laidlaw. “People you have interacted with at the beginning of the game are going to have their situations profoundly affected by their interactions with Hawke – your character. You re-interact with them. You see how that worked out. So we believe [this] be our most interactive game to date.”
Bring it on, we say.
Watch the diary below, courtesy of Gamespot.
Dragon Age II will be available on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on March 8 in the US and March 11 in Europe.

Source (& Video) - http://www.vg247.com/2010/12/08/dragon-age-ii-may-be-our-most-reactive-game-to-date-says-bioware/

Last edited:
The first DLC has been announced.

The first downloadable content pack for Dragon Age II has been announced.

The Exiled Prince will follow a character named Sebastian hunting down a group of assassins after they murder his family in cold blood, according to RPGSite.net.

The pack, which will add a new companion and several missions to the game, will be priced at 560 Microsoft Points (£4.80 / $7) or available free with the Signature Edition.

Dragon Age II will be available on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC from March 11.

Source: Digital Spy

Dragon Age 2 dev diary talks narrative

20110111devdiary_gt.jpg

A new Dragon Age 2 developer diary has gone up on Gamespot. Lead writer David Gaider, lead designer Mike Laidlaw, senior writer Jennifer Hepler and executive producer Mark Darrah discuss Hawk’s varying personality, the world’s first interactive frame narrative, and the changing landscape of Kirkwall.
See the full thing through the break.

Click for video - http://www.vg247.com/2011/01/11/dragon-age-2-dev-diary-talks-narrative/

So we talked a lot about this game before it came out, but what did people think about the final product? The reactions I've heard from other people who have played it have been pretty mixed. Some people absolutely loved it while others were disappointed because they had hoped for something a bit more along the lines of Origins.

Personally I thought it was a much better game than Origins was. The new design aesthetic and the architecture of Kirkwall was a lot more original than what we saw in the first game. The game's narrative was told in an interesting way and the storyline was a lot less formulaic and predictable. The combat system was a lot better too and having a voiced main character really made the game come much more alive. If I was to make one single complaint, it would be all the recycled environs. Going into the same dungeon 4 times to do 4 different quests wasn't all that inspiring, but it didn't bother me as much as it did others from what I've read.

Back