Does God Hate Bisexuals and Homosexuals?

The only problem I have with this is if God says he hates gays in the Old Testament, and loves everyone in the new, and he is the same God in both, then either he's contradicted himself and shot himself in the foot, or he has changed his mind. The latter means he isn't perfect. Which contradicts any phrase that says he's perfect.

But God never said he hated homosexuals anywhere. The Old testament says the actual deed is an abomination, which is nowhere near synonymous with a hatred of the people comitting it.

ok i must say THIS IS ONLY MY OPPINION and as such if you wish to dissagree you may.
if god created everyone in his image then he must be a halfcast hermaphrodite bi-sexual for EVERYONE to be made in his image
delete this if it offends it wont bother me :)

the point i have been trying to make is that god does not hate and have presented evidence to that fact

oh and thanks to SOLDIERis1337 for his post

Last edited:
ok i must say THIS IS ONLY MY OPPINION and as such if you wish to dissagree you may.
if god created everyone in his image then he must be a halfcast hermaphrodite bi-sexual for EVERYONE to be made in his image
delete this if it offends it wont bother me

That's not a very good point, using that logic God likes the violent murder of women because he created Ted Bundy and he likes boys because he created Michael Jackson.

The phrase "made in God's image" doesn't mean we look or act like him in everything we do, it simply means that we have a soul and a sense of morality, unlike the animals, which were not made in God's image.

I don't think he hates them. It just saddens him. A sin is a sin, it doesn't really matter what kind it is.
I've seen gays be Christian and believe in God with all their heart, and I know God sees that they really do love him. I think that's what really matters here.
If I go rob a bank and take from the needy that puts me under the "sinner" heading, along with gays. But I'm a Christian, as long as a repent I'm forgiven. And the same goes with any Sin.
What happens if a Homosexual doesn't do any other sin but be gay,
and what happens if a straight person kills someone, which one do you think is worse?
It doesn't matter because it can all be fixed, by asking for forgiveness.
I don't know much of other Christian denominations ,but this is what the Catholic church teaches-
"Homosexuals and individuals of such (sic) unnatural orientation are accepted as fully active members of our society, but are called upon by God and his church to remain celibate"

I think this sums it up IMO. I don't think it's the people that love the same sex that's wrong, I think it's what they do *alone*.

But God never said he hated homosexuals anywhere. The Old testament says the actual deed is an abomination, which is nowhere near synonymous with a hatred of the people comitting it.

Actually, that's not true at all. God is capable of hate. If he isn't, then he isn't omnipotent. Furthermore, there are verse in the bible that prove he hates people. He hated Esau. He hates proud people, liars, murderers of "innocent" people, people with evil thoughts, "thieves" false witnesses, and people that cause trouble. It is also stated in the bible that God is angry with the wicked, which I take to mean sinners. And if he considers homosexuals sinners, then he hates them too.

hey i hate to go against what i said earlier but i did some research on the subject and found that in fact Tessbot is right on one point god does hate some things
Proverbs 6 16-19
16 These six things the LORD hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.

but you know what? i do not see homosexuality among them although you may argue that because he hates those things homosexuality could be added to the list but in fact it is not on that list and i do not want to change the word of god by adding it although i think that homosexuals, being sinners, should stop being homosexual because if you make no attempt to quit sinning then god probably does hate you

Actually, that's not true at all. God is capable of hate. If he isn't, then he isn't omnipotent. Furthermore, there are verse in the bible that prove he hates people. He hated Esau. He hates proud people, liars, murderers of "innocent" people, people with evil thoughts, "thieves" false witnesses, and people that cause trouble. It is also stated in the bible that God is angry with the wicked, which I take to mean sinners. And if he considers homosexuals sinners, then he hates them too.
Did you read what you quoted? Nowhere in that post did I claim that God was incapable of hate or that he didn't hate anything. In fact I just re read all of my posts in this thread, and I've never even hinted at this idea, where you got from is beyond me.

I don't want to seem like a jerk here, so don't take this the wrong way, but its always good to double and triple read something rather than responding to it so rashly.

And now to respond to the misguidedness found in your post. God still doesn't hate homosexuals, even though he considers them sinners. There are numerous verses telling us that we are all sinners, not just homosexuals, so if God hates them then he hates all of us. 1 John 1:9 tells us that, "We love him, because he first loved us." Perhaps the most well known verse of the bible, John 3:16 states, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." Romans 5:8 tells us, "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

God loved us enough to die for us in an agonizing and torturous death, so that we could all have salvation in him. If that isn't love then there is no such emotion.

Hating the sin is not the same as hating the sinner.

Last edited:
Actually, that doesn't prove anything. You see in one verse he claims he abhors sinners, and in another, he says he loves everything. So does he love everyone, or does he hate sinners, and therefore, hates everyone?

I doubt you want to believe that verse actually says he hates sinners, but don't forget that since this is all up to interpretation, there are people that think that verse means God hates sinners.

i think i can clarify this god loves the human race,he hates sinners but he also loves people that repent

Actually, that doesn't prove anything. You see in one verse he claims he abhors sinners, and in another, he says he loves everything. So does he love everyone, or does he hate sinners, and therefore, hates everyone?

Except there is no verse were he claims that. I hate bell bottom jeans but that doesn't mean I hate everyone who's ever worn them., you see the flaw in your logic?

I doubt you want to believe that verse actually says he hates sinners, but don't forget that since this is all up to interpretation, there are people that think that verse means God hates sinners.

You could interpret my user name as being SOLDIERisdumb, but you wouldn't be correct in doing so. Interpretation doesn't come into play in such a clear statement any more than it does in the statement, "the sky is blue," it simply means what it says, a statement of fact. My above analogy rings true here, there's just nothing to read into unless you add your own addendum and try to claim it as being part of the original.

i love when people say god hates gay/bi people cause i just cast my mind back to that sayin ... thats the way god made you iam catholic there worst for hating gay/bi and my local priest said is long as theres love theres no room for hate mabey the vatacan had him assisanted cause he s been on holiday a really long time lol :L

I haven't read the past 12 pages so please feel free to correct me or refer me to posts but in the New Testament we learn that Hope, Faith & Love are the most important parts of Christianity (by which I assume you mean the Christian God). Paul even describes love in 1Cor 13. By which we can assume that any relationship which love is all, without love is worthless.

1Cor13:3 If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
God also cannot hate. The Bible teaches of a God that is Love, Joy & Forgiveness. When we hear of God's "wrath" it's merely either a mistranslation or a human term to describe why God punishes (because he is the ultimate Judge). So in that God cannot hate anybody.

Homosexuality is mentioned three times in the bible if I remember correctly, in Levicticus and two more in the New Testament if I'm not mistaken. Levicticus although is full of laws such as Jewish food laws which Christians don't abide too either.

St. Paul condemns homosexuality but also comments on issues such as Women not being allowed to speak in Church which is unheard of in modern day practice. Can we assume that some laws are purely cultural of Paul's times and not ours?

The Modern Day Church does make a big thing from homosexuality, compared with other natural human feelings such as greed and envy which are commented more on throughout the Bible.

Lastly, in Hebrews we learn that all sexual deeds must be contained in Marriage, so if two gay men or women were to give themselves to God have sex within a Christian Marriage, it could be good in the eyes of God.

It certainly is a contraversial topic, and it is one that should be a personal choice of the individual Christian, not necessarily of their particular denomination. On the one hand it is mentioned specifically in the Bible that we must stray away from Homosexual acts as it incurs God's Wrath, but it is an act of Love - it doesn't harm your neighbour.

On a personal note, I'm thinking of becoming a Christian (I call it pro-agnostic) but being bisexual myself, I'm wondering if I can include my love of others in my Faith. Personally at the moment, trying to practice Christianity, I feel I must only be attracted to women - but am I only doing this because the Church has a reputation for condeming homosexuals? Should God and His relationship with you be a personal one, based on what you believe?

Lastly, in Hebrews we learn that all sexual deeds must be contained in Marriage, so if two gay men or women were to give themselves to God have sex within a Christian Marriage, it could be good in the eyes of God.

It certainly is a contraversial topic, and it is one that should be a personal choice of the individual Christian, not necessarily of their particular denomination. On the one hand it is mentioned specifically in the Bible that we must stray away from Homosexual acts as it incurs God's Wrath, but it is an act of Love - it doesn't harm your neighbour.

On a personal note, I'm thinking of becoming a Christian (I call it pro-agnostic) but being bisexual myself, I'm wondering if I can include my love of others in my Faith. Personally at the moment, trying to practice Christianity, I feel I must only be attracted to women - but am I only doing this because the Church has a reputation for condeming homosexuals? Should God and His relationship with you be a personal one, based on what you believe?

Christianity has some good points for a religion, but I wouldn't quite give myself up for events that took place over 2000 years ago. Same goes for the Muslim faith, just to many things that could be falsifiable without bringing up the "you gotta have faith". The only thing that really makes sense even today is Buddhist faith to me. It deals with actions rather than words, words are what make the Christian faith so overly repetitive with all the unoriginal quotations, I mean most Christian friends I know take quotes from the Bible "Way" out of context and then turn them into something they interpret.. which is a crock.

As for Bisexuals being condemed by a God - isn't that a little backwards? I mean if we were "created" let's say.. and if there were different DNA strands in which gave us the will to want sex with one person rather than another, or both.. without making a concious choice.. well then why would a God condemn bisexuals for it? I mean he made them this way in the first place, so why punish them for the rest of their life saying it's a sin to be happy? I mean come on.. such a load of B.S. I blame it on the baptist bible belt christians who always make up stuff and then hyprocritically do the opposite (just like the orthodox catholics).

I mean don't get me wrong I'm very hetrosexual, but I don't condemn bisexuals, it's like me denying my love for steak. If it were a sin to eat steak .. well I think I would rather end myself. I'm genetically inclined to love certain things. I have an infatuation for blue eyed girls. They mezmerize me, so if it were a sin to love blue eyed girls, then I would take a damn heated iron and guage out my eyes.

I'm not sure why you quoted my post in particular, but I wasn't saying Christianity and Homosexuality couldn't live hand in hand, quite the opposite. In fact there is a gay Bishop in the news quite recently in Wales.

Christianity has some good points for a religion, but I wouldn't quite give myself up for events that took place over 2000 years ago. Same goes for the Muslim faith, just to many things that could be falsifiable without bringing up the "you gotta have faith".

The phrase 'you gotta have faith' stands weak on it's own, but strong with the history of Christianity behind it. I know I can't account for 2 billion Christians [1,2] but they look at the historical evidence for God and have no doubt that He is the One responsible for everything. I won't go much into evidence since this is offtopic but it isn't a case for 'You have to have faith' it's more of a case of 'I know he did it'. Just as much as you know earthy facts such as who ironed your shirts this morning.

As for Bisexuals being condemed by a God - isn't that a little backwards? I mean if we were "created" let's say.. and if there were different DNA strands in which gave us the will to want sex with one person rather than another, or both.. without making a concious choice.. well then why would a God condemn bisexuals for it?

Some would agree with you. God wouldn't create something just to forbid it. Again, back to my original arguement - it's love. Love for a man or woman. It isn't corrupt, it just isn't traditional.
Then again, some might say temptation is there to be persavered against. Whether God creates it, or the Devil does is personal opinion. But strength isn't something gained easily; nothing worth having comes easily.

I mean he made them this way in the first place, so why punish them for the rest of their life saying it's a sin to be happy?

Well it's arguable that killing and raping children makes me happy, but you'd protest this. Saying it's my responsibility to control this. Maybe that is what God is saying to people who enjoy same sex relations.

I mean don't get me wrong I'm very hetrosexual, but I don't condemn bisexuals, it's like me denying my love for steak. If it were a sin to eat steak .. well I think I would rather end myself. I'm genetically inclined to love certain things.

To reitterate myself, strength doesn't come easily. Prehaps it was a sin to eat steak, and then some people who loved it would persavere and not eat it through their love of God. It makes them stronger to resist something they enjoy, for something else they love so much more.

.. so if it were a sin to love blue eyed girls, then I would take a damn heated iron and guage out my eyes.

lol

All in all, I'm not condeming homosexuality or bisexual, being a bisexual Christian myself who is trying to find what is 'right'. What I am saying though is that with the offer that a Personal God brings, it isn't up to the 33,000 [1,2] denominations in the world to tell you what is good or bad. Being a Christians lets you read God's Word and being what you think is best for your & His relationship, not anybody else in the universe.

Also: to Chishu and anybody else who I reply too. I'm not being big headed, arrogant or mouthy, I just want to discuss this. It's easy for somebody to look like a biggot over the internet. Please, reply and tell me what you think of it. If you can, disprove me and stop me believing in a false God. :ohshit:

Last edited:
well i would also like to point out that it is person's choice to b e homosexual and bi sexual it is not genetic it is not anything other than a bad choice that people should resist I'm not condemning the people I'm saying that it is wrong according to the bible also just because god is love does not mean he cannot hate as i pointed out before

god hates sinners,
"The Lord trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul HATETH" ( Psalms 11:5 )

he loves the world,
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.(John 3:16

and he loves people that repent(do i need a passage for this?)

...You guys speak of God as if he were some giant spirit sitting on a throne in Haven. God does NOT hate Bisexuals and Homosexuals. And it is NOT a choice to be Homosexual and/or Bisexual. You don't choose to love women, it just happens. Therefore, people do not choose to love men either. Homos and Bi's are human beings just like any other. You should not treat them like outcasts.

I don't believe in what those religious books say. I read them but I make up my own beliefs and understandings. What I think is true. Just because it says so in a book. Does not make it true.

I am Heterosexual just in case you think I'm just some gay guy defending my kind.

Last edited:
if you are speaking of the god of the bible, all of the bible, he does hate homosexuals and bi-sexuals but then again you just said you don't believe in that so i would like you to specify WHICH god you are speaking of

note: I'm sorry if i came off as angry i did not mean to i never mean to come off as angry unless i say i am angry

As I said, I make up my own beliefs. I pick up things from bibles, make my own theory. I believe god is everywhere. There isn't some paradise over the clouds, because god did not create ONLY the planet earth. He created the entire Universe! Maybe beyond that! I believe in a spiritual realm. Witch is right in front of us. Yet, we connot see it. I believe our dreams become reality in the spiritual realm. Like, everyone has different beliefs but in the end they will come together as one. I don't know if you follow.

BTW, back on topic. Ask yourself. Do men love women because they have vaginas? Because they have big breasts? Because they are attractive? Those things attract some men. But they love because of the womens personality. Lets say you meet a girl. You like her. Why? Do you choose to like her? People are not born Hetero, Homo nor Bi. It happens as they grow and mature. Sure, some Homos are sick bastards that like to rape. But so are Heteros and Bi's. Some Women even rape!

We are all the same. We have different beliefs and thoughts. We are unique. But inside, We are all human beings.

Back