Does God Hate Bisexuals and Homosexuals?

Lord_Atomos

The Ultimate Black Hole
Gil
I have been wondering for some time now and i havent been able to come up with an answer. my question: "Does God hate Bisexuals and Homosexuals?"

i have heard things that he doesnt condone them and when they get to the pearly gates, he casts them to hell...

Well what do you guys have an answer?

In which religion in particular?

In Christianity, well, the belief that orthodox "Christians" supposedly hold is that God/Jesus loves everyone. And yet homosexuality is condemned, and not tolerated by most conservative christians, who will often shun and abandon homosexual family members. Contradictory, or what? They forget many basic teachings of Christianity. Is tolerance and forgiveness not what was preached by Jesus? It is this hypocrisy and contradiction which discredits alot of Christian conservative arguments.

That said, why would God hate homosexuals? For wasting His seed? For having sex with no intention to reproduce? What about infertile couples?

Homosexuality happens in nature too, in most, if not all species. Is that not God's "will", being natural?

Also, the supposed breakdown of the family? Homosexuality and the traditional, stable family can and do coexist, it's just a matter of politics and societal attitudes, etc.

Last edited:
I don't know much of other Christian denominations ,but this is what the Catholic church teaches-
"Homosexuals and individuals of such (sic) unnatural orientation are accepted as fully active members of our society, but are called upon by God and his church to remain celibate"

I hear that the majority of religions, in practice, do not support homosexuality and tend to condone it. Christianity is a prime example, and my local church has been known for casting out homosexuals from the church, and not allowing them to enter ever again. It's so sad that people will judge you on that.

I personally don't know if I believe in a god, but I hope of there is one, that he or she will be fair.

I do not believe that he would hate homosexuals/bisexuals. Why would he hate us for loving the very thing he created with his own hands? That wouldn't make any sense, in my opinion.

I don't know much of other Christian denominations ,but this is what the Catholic church teaches-
"Homosexuals and individuals of such (sic) unnatural orientation are accepted as fully active members of our society, but are called upon by God and his church to remain celibate"
That's the catholic church's message to the non-catholic world, and as such isnt 100% reliable.
I dont think the christian god would hate really, well not from what we see in the new testament.
There are of course fundamentalists of every religion that hate homosexuals, ie 'god hates fags'.
However they arent in anyway indicative of the religion as a whole.
There is a part in the bible where two guys lie doen together, but i cant remember it.
Also Dante believes homosexuals go to hell, I think they are in the sixth circle?

As i said before, i doubt whether god hates homosexuals, but he doesnt encourage it, and i doubt he'd be too tolerate of it

Nobody knows whether or not God hates homosexual people. We have even less proof of this than proof that God exists in the first place, which is already non-existant.

Personally, I think that if there IS a God, I don't see why he would care one way or another. You're not harming anybody, are you? Quite the opposite, actually. We are taught that God wants us to love one another (understandably, I must admit), and now all of a sudden it's a SIN because the person isn't the right gender?! If people are so 'equal' then it shouldn't matter what gender they are.

Going by the Catholic/Christian belief however, homosexuality is a sin. It doesn't make sense to me, but their reasons stand that it is unnatural and not how 'God' intended, and also brings up the issue of having sex for pleasure, and we all know what a felony that is.

Religions often view homosexual intercourse as decadent, and somehow immoral and wrong. The same religions which used to (and in some places still do) exclude women from becoming priests, gaining any significant position, and condemn extra-marital sex. Mainly because they believe that it is "not what God would want". More like not what they want, due to their own inbuilt prejudices.
It's not that I oppose religion. Actually, I think it can be a force for good. But what does seem unfair is the exclusion and condemnation of individuals based on their sexual orientation. What do they say when scientists prove that homosexuality, etc, is just as natural as heterosexuality? The conservatives cry "nonsense". Whilst I can understand peoples' worries about society falling apart, such issues are generally silly.
Also, none of this fancy technology we have, nothing humans build is "natural". People should stop using "but it's against the laws of nature!" as a feeble defence of prejudice. The issue shouldn't be that something is unnatural, but that it's harmful and unethical, etc. Moral reservations are an understandable excuse, but they should be reasonable. I mean, what is wrong with two women romantically loving each other? Is it the church's business to intervene in their PRIVATE lives?? Are they harming each other?
God's opinion on it should not matter. So long as it's harmless and consensual, what's the problem?
And hasn't the church got better things to do than waste time bothering people for their sexuality?
Fight poverty? Work for tolerance, love, justice, peace, and overall social wellbeing? The things that really matter. I think God himself would be ashamed of Christians condemning people to Hell based on their own phobic prejudices, whether he is for or against homosexuality. The Christian fundamentalists in question tend to believe that it is a sin to let "sins" go unpunished. But they yet again fail to remember some basic tenets/principles/teachings of Christianity.
Perhaps some people are frequent users of doublethink, too.

Morality is a concern, yes, but morals are subjective. I'm certainly concerned about kids smoking, and companies being allowed to target gullible, vulnerable people and even tell outright lies, but where does consensual bedtime activity come into all of this?

To make it clear, I support religion in general, but don't support religious prejudice.

Last edited:
In Christianity, it says that God loves everyone. He does not like the sin that the people commit. He is saddened that the person is commiting the sin, but that doesn't mean He hates that person for doing it. Most preachers take it the wrong way and say that God hates the person whom is commiting the sin *note I said most, not all*

In Christianity, it says that God loves everyone. He does not like the sin that the people commit. He is saddened that the person is commiting the sin, but that doesn't mean He hates that person for doing it. Most preachers take it the wrong way and say that God hates the person whom is commiting the sin *note I said most, not all*

I find it strange how conflicting the bible is on the point. While this is the closest to my own believe, it can be hard to understand. "God loves you, he just hates what you do..."

What?

No clear answer can really be decided upon, I don't believe. It's up to interpetation and what people WANT to believe.

Firstly the bible was written by people who aren't infallible, also considering that Christianity was illegal during the time the bible was published, a lot of it is allegorical.
There is a passage in the bible about two men lieing down together, homosexuality isn't exactly viewed favourably by religions. However to what extent these religions represent the views of god is questionable.
However I don't think an omnipotent deity would really be bothered about someone's sexual oreintation.

I find it strange how conflicting the bible is on the point. While this is the closest to my own believe, it can be hard to understand. "God loves you, he just hates what you do..."

What?

No clear answer can really be decided upon, I don't believe. It's up to interpetation and what people WANT to believe.

Think of it this way. If God hated the people who sinned, then we should all be hated by God then. If that were the case, then why would God put that He loves everyone when He really hates everyone. It doesn't make sense.

Think of it this way. If God hated the people who sinned, then we should all be hated by God then. If that were the case, then why would God put that He loves everyone when He really hates everyone. It doesn't make sense.

Does that same philosophy work for murderers then? I mean, where is the line drawn? Before or after homosexuality, or not at all?

If he loves all of us no matter what sin we do, especially willingly and knowingly, then why even worry about pleasing him at all?

Does that same philosophy work for murderers then? I mean, where is the line drawn? Before or after homosexuality, or not at all?

If he loves all of us no matter what sin we do, especially willingly and knowingly, then why even worry about pleasing him at all?
Are you seriously trying to compare homosexuals to murderers?
God loves us all equally, which means we are all equal before god. According to the catholic religion, whatever we do we will be forgiven as long as we repent. The point of prayer and worship of god is not to please him. It's to achieve levels of happiness and fulfilment that you can only experience through prayer. It's more something we do for ourselves than for god. The basic teachings of the bible are morality, so what you call pleasing god, is just being a decent person.

God does not forgive someone unless they ask it of him. At the same time, if you keep committing the sin, and I mean doing it even when you know it is wrong, even after asking for forgiveness, then it is just like you never asked to be forgiven at all. It all depends on where you heart is when you do it. If you heart is in the position of "God will forgive me no matter how many times I do it", then no you will not be forgiven because in your heart, you have already committed the sin. If you heart is in the position of "I want forgiveness. I don't want to do this anymore", and you truly mean it, not just saying it, then yes. You will be forgiven of it.

I've wondered this myself, if God really does condemn homosexuality or not. Personally, as one who has studied homosexuality in Psychology for well over a month, and as one who has friends who are homosexual, and bisexual, it pains me to think that an omnipotent, just God could actually hate them. Many studies have shown that homosexuality is likely inborn, and is not a consciously-made lifestyle choice.

I really believe that God doesn't condemn homosexuality. When it was mentioned that 'a man can not lie beside another man,' it was right after Moses had left Egypt. Keep in mind that during this time, God demanded tithing's for every sin that was committed, even for something like a sickness, such as leprosy. I think that perhaps God, was much more cruel then, than how he is viewed later on in the Bible. After Jesus, the tithing's stopped, so why not assume that a wrongful impression of homosexuality should have stopped along with it?

There are many things in nature that are not what one would call 'natural,' but I think it's very unfair if one were to say God condemned them for that. I believe that the disdain for homosexuality in the Church, is a result of male church leaders, with homophobic tendencies. Not only that, but I think that religion is used as a viable excuse for many person's reasoning behind their homophobia. It's much easier for a person to say it's because of their religious teachings, than to admit that they're just being unjustly prejudice.

^
I agree. It is highly questionable that God would condemn anything natural.

Homosexuality is seen in nature as well, and not mainly because of "gender-bender" chemicals. And other animals don't raise an eyebrow.

Whilst homosexual parenting is a question one can't be certain about, discrimination and bigotry is definitely not something I view as fair or acceptable.

Does anyone even know what God wants, if he exists? Is God personal?
Is the perception of God subjective to each individual believer? Is the Bible, a HIGHLY obscure and cryptic book, to be or not to be trusted?

Last edited:
I've wondered this myself, if God really does condemn homosexuality or not. Personally, as one who has studied homosexuality in Psychology for well over a month, and as one who has friends who are homosexual, and bisexual, it pains me to think that an omnipotent, just God could actually hate them. Many studies have shown that homosexuality is likely inborn, and is not a consciously-made lifestyle choice.

I saw something on 60 Minutes about...a year ago, I think...it was about these two twin boys being raised by a single mother. They were the same age, she treated them the same...yet one was a normal boy playing with action figures, and the other one was completely gay. He had Barbie dolls, painted his nails, and even asked his mom to paint his room pink. It wasn't anything she taught him, wasn't anything he picked up at school...he was just born gay pretty much.

Of course any Christian could counter that by saying that was just sin, since we're all supposedly born with sin -__-

I really believe that God doesn't condemn homosexuality. When it was mentioned that 'a man can not lie beside another man,' it was right after Moses had left Egypt. Keep in mind that during this time, God demanded tithing's for every sin that was committed, even for something like a sickness, such as leprosy. I think that perhaps God, was much more cruel then, than how he is viewed later on in the Bible. After Jesus, the tithing's stopped, so why not assume that a wrongful impression of homosexuality should have stopped along with it?
If one takes notice, God was alot more damning of everything in the Old Testament. Jesus came along and suddenly God the Father was all about forgiveness instead of endorsing the Hebrews' raids on cities for believing in other gods. Oddly enough, the Old Testament God didn't give a shit if men had multiple wives AND concubines. So I think that sort of negates anything he could say about gays, and relationships in general for that matter.

I guess it could be said that he hates gays, since he burned Sodom and Gomorrah down. As a matter of fact, the whole of Genesis 18 and 19 paints gays in a pretty awful light.

Genesis 19 said:
1 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground.
2 "My lords," he said, "please turn aside to your servant's house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning."
"No," they answered, "we will spend the night in the square."
3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate.
4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house.
5 They called to Lot, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them."

That right there makes it look like gays are all sex-starved perverts who want to rape angels. Now whether that actually HAPPENED no one can say...it most likely didn't, and if it did it certainly can't speak for the entire gay community, it just happened to be a group of men with serious issues.

So maybe God's butthurt that gays tried to rape his angels several hundred years ago and so he really does hate them. Or maybe it's all just a load of paranoid crap concocted by Hebrews and passed down through Christianity and Catholicism. Other societies have had no problem with homosexuality or bisexuality (such as the ancient Greeks and Japanese)...and frankly, I could care less what the god of a bunch of bigoted nomads thinks.

God does not forgive someone unless they ask it of him. At the same time, if you keep committing the sin, and I mean doing it even when you know it is wrong, even after asking for forgiveness, then it is just like you never asked to be forgiven at all. It all depends on where you heart is when you do it. If you heart is in the position of "God will forgive me no matter how many times I do it", then no you will not be forgiven because in your heart, you have already committed the sin. If you heart is in the position of "I want forgiveness. I don't want to do this anymore", and you truly mean it, not just saying it, then yes. You will be forgiven of it.

Repentance is a 360 degree turn. You were not entirely sorry for it if at the back of your mind, you know you're going to do it again. God can see that.

About the whole 'Does God hate bisexuals?' question I wouldn't know how God thinks. I for one, won't answer for him.

The Bible is there for everyone to read. If you encounter a passage that strikes you, then maybe that's something you should deal with.

Back