Did anybody else......

Cardinal Copia

Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Prenneaux Grauhemoix
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Wanna throw their controller when they fought Zeromus? This final boss is absolutely insane. I'm levels 59, 63, 62, 63, and 61 and he smacked me in my mouth. 2 Big Bangs in a row and all I saw was "Annihilated" come up on my screen.
I have no problems level grinding my characters because I've already spent a ton of hours doing it but this is beyond ridiculous. He is making me seriously hate this game. Hopefully the ending is worth it because at this point the game is becoming a chore.

You are that high leveled and still having trouble????
I don't remember him being that hard :hmm:
I haven't played in a very long time? What are you playing on? I never tried to beat it on the DS (hated voice acting, and the graphics and gameplay was really different from what I was use to for FFIV.) So I am not sure if it is harder than the PS version or not :hmmm:. That might be the case, but since you are so far you can go level up at Bahamuts lair (or whatever, I forget the name of it.) That was always the best place to level up for me.

I had a long, hard battle with Zeromus, but I managed to beat him on my second try. Cecil and Rosa were my only two characters standing, more or less from the beginning, and I spent the majority of the battle having Rosa heal, and Cecil attack where he could. One round late on, Zeromus missed with a big attack, giving me chance to revive Kain, and the newly formed two-pronged attack allowed me to finish Zeromus.

It was one of my favourite battles in Final Fantasy history, he really made me work hard for it.

Yeah it's bad. As soon as I had Cecil use the crystal and he revealed himself he used a Big Bang which wiped out Rydia because she has like 2600 life. And right after I did one attack with Kain he used it again and wiped me out lmao.
ATM I leveled my people up to mid 60's so as soon as I hit 70 I'm going at him again. Granted it will start to become overkill when I get higher up there but from the looks of it I'm going to need to be that high.

He's definitely making me work for this one and hes going to get my size 14 boot right up his keester.

So which version are you playing? I own both the PSX version (PAL FF Anthology) and the GBA version. It was the GBA verison which I finished.

Yeah, which version of Final Fantasy 4 was this? I remember beating him relatively easily on the SNES version I had when I was a kid. Don't remember the PS1 remake if he was easy or not. I have the remakes on the DS and PSP but haven't gotten to Zeromus yet. I imagine on the DS remake he's gonna be insanely hard, as the rest of the bosses I've fought are a lot harder on the DS version.

I'm playing the PS1 version of it. Which from the sounds of it, it's easier than the DS remake? :hmmm:
I'm gonna level a few more times and then take another run at him.

I'm playing the PS1 version of it. Which from the sounds of it, it's easier than the DS remake? :hmmm:
I'm gonna level a few more times and then take another run at him.

All versions seem easier than the DS remake. I think the PS1 version is about the same as the old SNES version with some of the censorship taken out. Can't remember if they added the character abilities that were taken out of the game the first time though... not that they were useful.
I remember a few hard battles but I don't remember if I ever lost to Zeromus.... I guess cause in final boss battles you can throw EVERYTHING out there.

All versions seem easier than the DS remake. I think the PS1 version is about the same as the old SNES version with some of the censorship taken out. Can't remember if they added the character abilities that were taken out of the game the first time though... not that they were useful.
I remember a few hard battles but I don't remember if I ever lost to Zeromus.... I guess cause in final boss battles you can throw EVERYTHING out there.

There were honestly quite a few boss battles that gave me a fit in this game, which surprised the hell out of me because I'm not used to getting my ass handed to me as bad as I did.
For example: The Dark Elf(that D Breath Attack gave me absolute fits.), Golbez gave me fits for along time when Rydia came back and joined you, Valvalis just straight up beat my ass left and right quite a few times, and now Zeromus who.... well I'll just say he's beating me.

There were honestly quite a few boss battles that gave me a fit in this game, which surprised the hell out of me because I'm not used to getting my ass handed to me as bad as I did.
For example: The Dark Elf(that D Breath Attack gave me absolute fits.), Golbez gave me fits for along time when Rydia came back and joined you, Valvalis just straight up beat my ass left and right quite a few times, and now Zeromus who.... well I'll just say he's beating me.
Yeah, I hated that dark elf battle. Also the battle with Golbez you mentioned was pretty tough as well. Also that sealed cave with those trap doors... THAT was the worst part of the game and always a struggle to get through. When you get through with the PS1 version, try to get your hands on the DS version. it's great, but everything is harder, and the bosses are a LOT harder.

The DS version of Zeromus took me a few tries; but I never gave up. I was determined to see that ending. :mokken:

Just for the record the Snes version is considered the easy version, for they "dumbed" a lot of the bosses down and even the monsters.

The PS1 version is considered the "normal" level for FFIV in the USA.

As far as the DS being harder... I think it has to do with the crappy feel that I think it has from the original version... that and there is no wait time as far as I can tell. :hmm:

ZEROMUS IS HISTORY!!!!!
He gave me sooooo many fits. So happy he finally got his ass completely kicked. Only Rydia died and I lost only 500 hp a piece when the fight ended. It wasn't necessarily my levels that were the problem. I wasn't fast when I was selecting my attacks and he was eating me alive. So I got a little pre fight strategy together so I knew my moves in advance and completely smashed that fucker.
He's probably my biggest gaming achievement boss fight wise at this point. He was a pain in the ass for me and it took me atleast 2 weeks to beat him.

I never had a problem with Zeromus or any of the other bosses.It was ridiculously overpowered ordinary enemies in the final dungeon that got to me!

Agreed with above. The regular monsters inside the Lunar Subterrain(sp?) gave me more issues than just about any boss in the entire game. They were all pretty easy so long as you had some semblance of a plan going in to the fight. I suppose Zeromus' spells were a bit annoying to heal but nothing too out there

Note to self: continue feeling great about yourself for having stomped Zeromus in the SNES version and don't go back and play the newer versions. :D

Back