Help Deep Sea Research Center

Killer64

ShinRa Guard
Gil
I am on disc 3, and I am working on defeating Ultima Weapon in the Deep Sea Research Center. I beat Bahamut and got that GF, along with every other possible GF that I can have at this point except GF Eden which is held by Ultima Weapon. I go to the terminal on the first floor, unlock the door to the second level, and when I go to walk to the 2nd level Squall turns around and walks off!? My other party members Zell and Selphie are not doing anything, and I have no idea why this is happening. Am I supposed to talk to my other party members, or is there something I missed? :unsure:

Last edited:
Maybe you didn't spend 4 points to open up the 2nd level? :hmmm: sounds weird, can you put more detail into it? He "walked off" meaning he left the team or he wont go any lower?

Last edited:
Did you unlock it with points? It's supposed to automatically unlock with 4 points spent....And you have Zell in your party so it should be easier for you to make it down....Try restarting your game? O.O

Trying going down the stairs from different angles. It's possible you're trying to go down the stairs from the wrong side.

Did you unlock it with points? It's supposed to automatically unlock with 4 points spent....And you have Zell in your party so it should be easier for you to make it down....Try restarting your game? O.O
Even though Zell will get you to the excavation site easier, it's actually more difficult with Zell. When you get to the excavastion site, Enc None won't work anymore. If you do it without Zell, it still works. My theory is that his loud bang notified the monsters of their presence. :lew:

Ok I just tried going down the stairs at a different angle and he finally did it. Im not scared of these monsters at all, been using doomtrain causing like 5 different status effects at the same time like what the Malboro does. Turns Ruby Dragons, along with most other monsters, into sitting ducks so I just draw healing magic from them then using the Diablos a few times to kill them easily (Diablos usually does 9,9999 damage). Although I don`t think Doomtrain will work as well on Ultima Weapon, would love any useful tips if you guys have any.

By the way, if it helps here is my current party`s levels...

Squall-Lvl 100 Hp=9,999
Zell-Lvl 98 Hp=6542
Selphie-Lvl 92 Hp=9,999

Yeah, I know im seriously overpowered...

Trying going down the stairs from different angles. It's possible you're trying to go down the stairs from the wrong side.

Even though Zell will get you to the excavation site easier, it's actually more difficult with Zell. When you get to the excavastion site, Enc None won't work anymore. If you do it without Zell, it still works. My theory is that his loud bang notified the monsters of their presence. :lew:

I never noticed this difference. Although It's kinda fun training for the fights ahead with the monsters... but there are alot of floors...It depends on your abilities I guess. Oh well :monster:

I never noticed this difference. Although It's kinda fun training for the fights ahead with the monsters... but there are alot of floors...It depends on your abilities I guess. Oh well :monster:
Being the anal perfectionist I am, I like to avoid these battles until I get Eden, this way she levels up with my party. :lew: But if you're fairly low-leveled going in, your levels will inflate ridiculously fast.

And excellent Killer, I figured that's what it was. And with your party built like that, Ultima Weapon should fall pretty quickly. :ryan: Best of luck!

Ok, I have attempted defeating Ultima Weapon MULTIPLE times and got pwned one way or another every time. I even tried the Selphie limit break glitch, where you bring up her random attacks and take out the game cd in attempt to use The End on Ultima Weapon and accidentally skipped it by hitting do over too fast. From what I have experienced, the only way to defeat Ultima Weapon and probably also for Omega Weapon is to have a bunch of Holy Wars to keep up invincibility. He attacks too fast and his attacks are too powerful to last even 10 minutes against him. So now I find myself fighting my way out of the Deep Sea Research Center in order to get as many holy wars as possible before I try going up against Ultima Weapon again.

I've beaten Ultima Weapon plenty of times without the use of Holy Wars. The best advice I can give you is to equip the Revive and Recover commands to your characters (preferably on different characters). If you have Quakes, junction them to Elem-Def to keep the damage from his Quakes to a minimum (or better, if you add a few things to absorb it and heal instead). Make sure to use a Meltdown on him to make your physical attacks as damaging as possible. And to add to that, use Aura's and spam Limit Breaks. If you had Rinoa in your party, there is always a possibility that she'll use Invisible Mood, which effectively acts like a Holy War, which would be really good, especially if you already casted Aura on Squall and your other party member.

Anyways, he is really fast, so you have to think quickly in this battle. But if you can manage to keep reviving a fallen member immediately, then you shouldn't have too much of a problem. Keep at it and you'll get it eventually. Best of luck!

I found Ultima weapon very easy. You should have all your GFs junctioned to the members of your party, which should give you at least two characters with SPD-Junction. Do the meltdown aura thing and have squall attack all the time and have the other two characters to heal. You might want to cast shell and protect too. However there's not a lot of point of junctioning magic to HP as Pillar of Light kills you even if you have 9999HP. If you have Lionheart you should be able to kill him in a couple of turns only.

Ok, I FINALLY beat Ultima Weapon and here was my strategy for anyone reading this that is planning on taking on Ultima Weapon. What I did was I went to Balamb Garden in Fisherman`s Horizon and did the CC Group side quest. When you finish this side quest, you will be able to get a Gilgamesh card which you can turn into 10 Holy Wars using the Card Mod ability. For more info on the CC Group side quest, either consult google or a strategy guide. When you begin the battle, follow this EXACT order of procedures. Draw Eden, cast Aura on Squall to use his limit break, cast meltdown on Ultima Weapon, then use a Holy War. ONLY attempt to use any of the first characters GFs to attack Ultima Weapon right after using a Holy War. This is because you need him/her ready at a moment`s notice to use a Holy War in order to protect yourself from Ultima Weapon`s attacks. For the other two characters, make sure one has the Revive ability and the other has the Recover ability. You NEED these two abilities because Holy War prevents you from using magic on your characters. Revive acts the same as Full Life and Recover will restore ALL of your characters HP. To defeat, use Recover, Revive, and Holy War when necessary and keep one character available to cast Holy War while the others attack Ultima Weapon with GFs. Do this, you will definitely kill him and for most of the battle he wont even be able to touch you!

How about you dont use Meltdown and set the Renzokuken indecator to "off" to make the battle even harder?.........Try that and see how you fair? with out the Indicator the Renzo for UltimaWeapon is bloody hard, as hard as Bahamuts and the End Battle against 4th form Ultimecia.

Strangely enough the Renzokuken animation used for Ultima Weapon is not usedwhen fighting Omega Weapon........wired.

Lol I never refined the cards unless I didn't use them. Plus I gathered the raw materials for Holy war myself and ended making about 50 which was nice when I got in a tight spot during the rest of the game :P

@ Galaxyflare: The Rez animation isn't used on Omega? I never noticed this either :ness: Nice, now I wanna see for myself :hmmm:

Back