Dan Brown.

Doc Holliday

I'm your huckleberry.
Veteran
Gil
I thought it would make more sense to put his books under one thread, his books are quite notorious for the theories of conspiracy, I've only read Angels And Demons and The Da Vinci Code, are the others any good? :wacky:

I'm afraid I have only read two of his books, the same two as you unfortunately.

I've only read The Da Vinci Code, but I hear Deception Point is very good. I really should get around to reading some more of his stuff, I think they're laying about the house somewhere.

Ive got all 4 of his books, but Ive only read Da Vinic Code and in the middle of Angels and Demons. I'd say go for it and give them a read. You may like them, you may not. Not mnay people like Dan Browns style, but I personally love it!

I've only read Da Vinci code and Angels And Demons. Like these books. Very engaging. Hopefully will get round to reading Deception Point soon.

My sis has all his books, but so far i have only read Angels and Demons, although I think that it is awesome!!! I recommended it to two of my friends although there is a lot of anti-catholic stuff in it and they are both rather religious. I think that the opinions in it vary though, and it brings up some very interesting questions about life, religion, etc. I love books which make me think.
I started Da Vinci Code, but only read about 5ish chapters. I have seen the film though and thought it was quite good. I hear that Angels and Demons is going to become a film though? I'm not sure whether I am looking forward to taht or not... =/

ive read the da vinci code and angels and demons, i tried to read deception point but i found it very hard to get into and i gave up in the end because it just wasnt what i was expecting, i thought it was a major let down, but i loved the da vinci code and angels and demons, they were excellent books with a solid storyline and were easy to get into, they had me hooked from the beginning

Dan Brown is a terrible writer. He is controversial not just for the content of his books, but controversial for being a best-seller when he writes like a fourteen year old.

I read this book because of the hype and was bitterly disappointed. It read like a film script. Chapters were extremely short (a cunning way to get the reader to carry on reading) and they all seemed to end with a "DUN DUN DUUUUUN!!!" Things were convenient, or random. Man fucks girl at end true Hollywood style when there was only one brief mention of chemistry between them throughout the whole story.

Credit must go to Brown for his genius to pull off the ultimate generic story; possibly ever written. He lacks diversity, sophistication and the likes, but he did tell a story. He also did a lot of research for this book.

For me, I don't like reading a story where the language seems to indicate that a fourteen year-old had written it. I was constantly annoyed by the lack of characterization (I like to feel for the characters when I am reading a story), the predictibility, the stupidity of the characters who apparently couldn't recognise mirror writing, and the script-like style.

Dan Brown is a terrible writer. He is controversial not just for the content of his books, but controversial for being a best-seller when he writes like a fourteen year old.
agreed.
His characters are absoulutely devoid of any originality and they are the same. Every single one of them is a genius, not only a genius but a extremely beautiful genius.
OI DAN NO!!!
i hate them, its as if he is incapable of creating a character that is not a cliche.
All of his books are fucking cliches, they are so generic, throw in anti-religiousness + james bond ending and you've got a Dan Brown novel.
He is the fucking anti-christ

Back