𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 *★.• ·
Staff member
Admin Support
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Creative Writing of the Month
Final Fantasy Forums

Looking for information? You’re in the right place!
You can also suggest themes, or join in the competition discussion here.

Want to view the Hall of Fame?
Click here.

What is Creative Writing of the Month (CWOTM)?

CWOTM is a (one shot) writing competition that takes place once a month. Are you writer or interested in writing Fan Fiction? Perhaps you're more of an Original Works kind of writer? Fear not, this writing competition allows all writing styles, making it a friendly and open competition for anyone to join.

How do I enter?

You submit your work to the Spira Moderator (Six) via Private Message. Make sure your entry follows the rules and guidelines given for that month. Also, please check your formatting before sending the Private Message.

Format? How do I check this?

When copy pasting your work into a private message the system may auto correct (or mess up in this case) the format of your writing. You can check by hitting the "Preview message" right next to "Submit message". Is the format corect after hitting preview? Go ahead and send in your submission. If you still notice errors and can't get it to work properly please send a Private Message to Six.

CWOTM Rules (standard forum rules apply: read here)

1. Submissions may not exceed 3,000 words.
  2. One story per person.
  3. Make sure to fill out the format regarding Mature Content.
  4. You cannot vote for your own entry or ask people to vote for you.
  5. Formatting; please preview your PM before submitting your piece.

CWOTM Guidelines & Information

Voting for Creative Writing of the Month lasts for 2 weeks. The guidelines will be up for 4 weeks.

Please usre the following format in your PM when submitting your story:

Story title: [insert]
Style: [fan-fiction, original, poetry, etc]
Mature content: [yes/no]
Summary: [this will be used on social media]

Content: [story here]

---- The above format will not be counted towards your word count limit.
--- Please be mindful of the due dates.
-- Guidelines go up every Saturday (4 weeks)
- Official due dates are Fridays. Votings go up on Saturday.

CWOTM & Social Media

CWOTM's winning stories will be published on FFF's Facebook and Twitter. Please keep in mind that this is a standard procedure, if you wish to not have your work published by us make sure to send a Private Message to the Spira Moderator (Six) stating so. Entries that are uploaded will be linked back to FFF automatically. If you wish to have your personal blog / writing site attached to this make sure to sign up for that here: click here. Not providing this information will only result in your story being published on our social media sites and have your work linked back to FinalFantasyForums.net

Final Fantasy Forums: Facebook
Final Fantasy Forums: Twitter

Rewards & Prizes

Entrants:

• 100 Gil.
Winners:

• 2GP (Gold Points)
  • Published on Facebook & Twitter.
  • Entrant Gil reward.
Voters:

• 50 Gil.
Winning 3 times:

• Creative Writing of the Month system reward.
  • Coloured username (of choice) for one month.

CWOTM will also be hosting the occasional Bonus Week where winners, entrants and voters can win fun prizes.

Questions or concerns regarding CWOTM can be taken to Six via Private Message.

Last edited:
This discussion and the Publicity Form thread are now open for posting. =] Suggesting themes is greatly appreciated.

Please make sure to read through the first post of this thread (and sign up) if you want your website and author name to be published if you win in this competition. ;)

@Jack's Smirking Revenge 3,000 is the maximum. So 3,000 words or below (no minimum, really), to keep the readers in the back of our minds. And I doubt people would submit a 10 word story/poem. :lew:

@Jack's Smirking Revenge 3,000 is the maximum. So 3,000 words or below (no minimum, really), to keep the readers in the back of our minds. And I doubt people would submit a 10 word story/poem. :lew:

That depends. If someone really wanted to write a haiku then that can sometimes be 10 words or under. :argor:

Good work on the guidelines and preparation for this, Kira.

Looking forward to seeing if people participate in the first month.

Well, yeah, but I mean even if, that's still work. =] I'd allow it. Unless people request a minimum limit as well. And thank you! Was a bit of cram work, but I made it. :lew:

About two more weeks left! - Remember to send in your entries on or before August 7th!

I wish I could submit this month but I have way too much going on :( three WIPs, a very large submission piece for a challenge that's due by the end of August, and it's finals for my summer semester class.

Next time, for sure! Have fun everyone! :3

I'm working hard on something, but obviously my day to day life gets in the way quite often. I'll hopefully have a finished piece to submit in time; I don't think two weeks is unrealistic to get it done. I'm loving writing again

I'm pretty eager to see what all is entered. Hopefully it'll be a nice turnout for this first round of entries.

Good luck to those entering. ^_^

Last reminder before the voting at the end of the week. Entries should be in by August 7th.

Note - August 28th:

We're still running CWOTM in a so called "test run". FFF has writers, we definitely do, but the amount of writers that is active vs the amount of writers we have is small. I have no issue with keeping this competition going for the active writers, but if the handful of active writers no longer desires to participate we can look at other options for this competition or discontinue. Fear not, we're not giving up on you. Just trying to stay realistic and look at our active numbers. I, for one, don't want to waste time that people could've used to work on our WIP stories instead.

I want to say our first CWOTM was a success. Thank you for everyone's input and a special thank you to our voters. Don't forget to submit your work for CWOTM #2 before Sept 4th!

Congratulations to Snoopy for winning the first edition!

Considering we only had one entry for CWOTM 3 we have a standard win. Congratulations @Nobodys-Heartless for taking the win on this on. Your prize will be handed out soon, and you entry has been added to the Hall of Fame and updated to our Social Media sites.

If you have your own writing site or perhaps a fanfiction account that you would like for us to announce next time, please make sure to fill out this form: http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/threads/62153-CWOTM-Publicity-Form-Sign-ups

Make sure to check out the new guidelines! HALLOWEEN themes, anyone? :D

Just a week and a few more days! Make sure to get your entries in!

Attention!

Due to a lack of entries (and perhaps even interest) Creative Writing of the Month will be on hold for the upcoming few weeks. This gives everyone a break to focus on their holidays. I'll do another interest check in the new year to see where we stand. If in the meantime you have any suggestions or interest please post in this thread or send me a Private Message.

Back