Build-A-Member
Mogrinch
FFXIV
Mitsuki Calei
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
Gaia
Now that we have switched to Xenforo 2, we are looking into some changes these next few weeks. FFF Mogazine has launched recently so we have a bit more time to look into the forum’s basic features, including the currency system.

A few years ago we added a third currency to FFF: Community Tokens (CT). We’ve tried to implement this in our shops, particularly the ability to purchase smilies and such. How are you guys liking this so far? Do you think we should keep it or scrap it?

We’ve done our best to combat the gil system issue and so far we haven’t noticed any gil imbalance like a few years back. Whether this is due to the CT being implemented, we can’t really say for sure.

So now here we are. Should CT stay or is the three currency system too overwhelming or confusing for some of you? Do you guys use it much?

Your feedback is appreciated as always.

Last edited:
I think the CT should be kept but also would like to see more gil friendly purchases, whether this comes to a form of letting us collect interest in the form of the bank again or other means. To balance out the issue of what the gil imbalance was the price of gil related items could also go up in the store. I know i've purchased a few CT items so I do use it a decent amount at least.

Collecting interests / bank system was disabled since it gave us a lot of grief with balancing items for new and veteran users. I think the gil system works a lot better now with those features disabled.

When it came to account perks, the only items that were popular (as in, a few users kept coming back for it) were the colored usernames / colored threads. We may switch the colored usernames back to gil instead of CT.

I'm probably in the minority but three currencies seems a little confusing to me. Right now I honestly couldn't tell you the difference between them, haha. Gil is totally for uhhh posting maybe? :tearjoy:

I quite like the idea of Gil being the main currency again.

CT doesn't necessarily need to stay in my opinion, but I wouldn't be against it staying either. I do like GP though, considering it's more related to Final Fantasy (and it makes me think Gold Saucer points).

Gil was never intentionally intended to be a secondary currency but I guess with a lot of popular items (colored usernames, smiley, etc) being CT-cost lately, it probably did seem overshadowed by CT.

@Ross

Gil: basic account perks/upgrades that can be earned simply by posting.
CT: better perks and additional features to enhance forum experience that can be earned by participating in events, staff giveaway, etc.
GP: harder to acquire since the items attached to GP have monetary value. (e.g FF games, gift cards, etc.)

Last edited:
Gil was never intentionally intended to be a secondary currency but I guess with a lot of popular items (colored usernames, smiley, etc) being CT-cost lately, it probably did seem overshadowed by CT.

@Ross

Gil: basic account perks/upgrades that can be earned simply by posting.
CT: better perks and additional feautures to enhance forum experience that can be earned by participating in events, staff giveaway, etc.
GP: harder to acquire since the items attached to GP have monetary value. (e.g FF games, gift cards, etc.)

Yep. The whole reason for CT was mainly to balance is out anyway, I remember.

Good with whatever, honestly. :D

CT seems like a pretty good idea to me personally and I'm definitely for it staying as it helps reward participation through linking it with unique shop items. In a way, it gives the event and item added value and helps incentivize members to join in the forum a little more - and that can only be a good thing!

Back