FFX-2 Creature Create!

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
Opinions and experiences, please!

It screams FFXIII-2 to me. (I mean, I'm sure that was based on X-2's creature create. :lew:) That's not a bad thing, even though I don't hold XIII-2 in high regards overall.

On it's own, it's huge. I've only tinkered around with it, but there are a plethora of customizations, which is fantastic. (Although, I don't have the patience or time to capture every creature, nor mess around with every possible option.) On a side note, the first "creature" you get really isn't all that great. :lew:

And seriously... Poké balls? Haha.

EDIT: C i d, Lirael - This should be in the FFX-2 section. I'm obviously not paying attention. Haha.

I liked it. I got nowhere near completion with it when I played through X-2 but I'm sure at some point I'll try to get every Fiend Tale (which are sometimes really sweet and interesting). The best (secret) creatures you can get late in game are really good too and I think it's worth going through all the training just for them, especially since they carry over into NG+ :D

Even though I wasn't taking it all that seriously or trying to complete it, it was still well worth it for all the great items/accessories you could get sometimes really early in the game.

The only thing noteworthy, in which I received fairly easy from this, was the (overpowered) Psychic dressphere. That's when I stopped using the whole system.

Although, maybe at some point, I'll attempt to complete this. Probably after 100% completion.

I didn't like it one bit, it was way bettet to just use dresspheres than to use anything that thing gave you. On top of that it felt very poorly done.

Like all it was there for was to try and get the people, but they aren't nearly as good as YRP together.

So I've managed to, somehow, get my way up to Almighty Shinra this week. Let's just say that he slaughtered me, though. :lew:

I think I need to accessorize a bit better for this battle.

I thought the whole thing was too... cartoony.

One of my favourite things in any form of media is when a story expands its universe a bit through tiny detail, like the bestiary in Final Fantasy XII. I think this entire addition could have been utilized as an opportunity to play around with something like that, but it ended up being a bunch of OOC garbage that did nothing for the game at all. I know X-2 was supposed to be fun trash, but... a little less emphasis on the trash part would have done this game a solid.

Back