Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! Physical PS4/Switch Releases

Is this game any good?
I was quite interested in it and checked it out on the PSN store, but I see it only has a 1 star rating... I don't often see games listed with 1 star on PSN, so is it really that bad? :sad2:

I'm enjoying it actually! (Switch version) even though it's a biiiiit difficult, but I think I'm underlevelled that's why.
and it's VERY cute

I'm curious if the game is legitimately 2-Player. I see in this version you can bring a companion, but not sure how that would work or if the input of the 2nd player is even worth noting - Like gamaes like Child of Light or Puppeteer have you jsut use a cursor to navigate the environment... seems so pointless as a 2nd player experience.

If it is good, I think I'll give it a go.

Probably not soon though... My backlog is fairly huge (Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption 2 together are keeping me busy). Even if I only considered Final Fantasy games, I downloaded Type-0 and haven't had time to play it yet, and I also intend to play Episode Ardyn...

But after that I think I might like to chill out on a cute little chocobo game...

I'm wondering if it runs better on the Switch compared to the PS4 though. Maybe that is why it only received 1 star on PSN (at the time I clicked on it the other day).

I played abit of it the other day with my friend, it weren't bad at all :)

It is a bit weird how they lock the 2nd player character out of some dungeons as a challenge, as this wasn't fun for him to sit by as I blitz passed them but the system works well for Co-op. 2-Player isn't restricted to the 1-step = 1 turn mechanic, so I'd have him go around the other side of enemies as we pincer them! Though 2-Player doesn't have unlimited attacks, they have one attack each time you do, so if they attack first they have to wait for 1-Player to attack before they can strike again, which is highlighted by a coloured ring beneath the player. Or often if we're in a narrow hallway, I'd have him go first as my expendable shield :P Very happy I picked it up :)

The Japanese version really has English text then, right? And what dub does the game have? English only, or Japanese as well?:D

I'm thinking about grabbing it and I wondered what options I might have with the physical copy. c:

Last edited:
What additional content does this version have over the original Wii release? Is it really worth the price if you've already got it for Wii? I mean, I kind of want it just because the game card format is more future-proof, but I don't know if I want it at $40. (Which is probably where it will stay indefinitely for the Switch, since this is Square-Enix on a Nintendo console we're talking about.)

Back