Cannot start the game (PC, Windows Edition)

snake0209

Gil
Hello
My husband bought the game for the computer, the windows edition.
He tries to start it, then a small screen comes for a moment and then the screen is gone and nothing to see.
The support told him to create a second account for the windows with administration rights. He did it and it worked. For a day. Then - he changed nothing - it was not working again. Now he has no idea what to do and support isnt really a help.
Sorry for my english writing, its not that good.

Hello
My husband bought the game for the computer, the windows edition.
He tries to start it, then a small screen comes for a moment and then the screen is gone and nothing to see.
The support told him to create a second account for the windows with administration rights. He did it and it worked. For a day. Then - he changed nothing - it was not working again. Now he has no idea what to do and support isnt really a help.
Sorry for my english writing, its not that good.

In your post you say "the game". What game is it? I can only assume Final Fantasy XIV since you are talking about making new accounts and such. Here is the location that you need to go for such answers, https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/. We are not affiliated with Square Enix in any way.

In your post you say "the game". What game is it? I can only assume Final Fantasy XIV since you are talking about making new accounts and such. Here is the location that you need to go for such answers, https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/. We are not affiliated with Square Enix in any way.

No, they're talking about making a new Windows account I believe, and setting it as the administrator on the PC. It's in the FFXV category :P

That being said, I personally don't have much of an answer. The best I can say is that the game needs your account to be an administrator account in order to access certain files it requires to run.. Why it didn't stay working after you did that, I can't say :(

Oh sorry, yes I am talking about FFXV. My husband has already an windows user with administration rights but the customer support told him to create a new windows user with administration rights. It worked, for a day. Then its now still the same problem. He tries to start the game and then nothing happens. A small screen for a few seconds and then there is nothing.
Yes I know you are not an official forum, but I think the best helpers are users playing the game too.
He is using windows 10, has the windows Edition of the game and his windows user account has already administration rights. If you need to know more, just ask ;) He would be really happy if there is someone who can solve the problem.

Not sure if it would help but maybe every time you try running the game at launch do a right click and try always running it as administrator.

No he downloaded it from Windows Store and says there is no need for Steam (think because its the windows edition?) and think he already tried to start it with administrator rights. I will ask him the administrator part later, he is not at home now.

Last edited:
Possibly an antivirus or background programs could be causing it not to run properly. Maybe the permissions for the game are set wrong.

I would check to see if your antivirus is blocking the game from connecting to the internet. They will do that if they think the program is a threat.

Thank you for your help. It works now (surprisingly). There was an update and then it worked fine.

Back