Calling all Atheists

Oy... we aren't really making much of a religious debate anymore, though...

XDD Kinda like what I said earlier, these things get pointless and never get anywhere.
Though, it WAS fun.

... you can see gravity? You need to lay off the crack. Gravity is an invisible force. You can see its effects, a perfect example being dropping something to the floor. But I seriously doubt that you've seen light bending around your body, since people have nowhere near enough gravitational effect on light.

... you can see gravity? You need to lay off the crack. Gravity is an invisible force. You can see its effects, a perfect example being dropping something to the floor. But I seriously doubt that you've seen light bending around your body, since people have nowhere near enough gravitational effect on light.
xD I have seen the effects, and so i see it... I was extremely bored... so I was examining my arm closely with a computer screen behind it... and there is just a slight layer of bent color above the skin of my arm, which I suppose would be my own magnetic or gravitational field.

The gravitational effect on light we have is VERY, VERY minor, but I see where he could be coming from from that. The rest, I have no damn clue.

If you look at your shadow, the outline is kinda fuzzy. That's because the slight gravitational attraction you have on it VERY slightly diverts the light... According to my science teachers in the past 3 years.
You only see the outline if you look very carefully, though. Sometimes, it's not always there.

You all keep speaking about the universe and how it started from the big bang. You say the gases just were. But nothing can just be. Everything starts somewhere. Perhaps the universe was created by a god and then said universe collapsed down to the gases which then reformed the universe via the Big Bang. (Still with this theory one must ask where God himself came from don't they.)

It is said the Big Bang will eventually collapse inside itself, in theory. However all matchematical equations lead to the idea that the expansion will never end. My guess is something is missing from the equation, and that something may just be God or something else Spiritual in nature.

Black holes are more likely a form of dark matter and not actually holes. Just a guess though, derived from that idea that dark matter does exist.

No... I told you what any scientist would tell you about black holes.

And yes. Things simply are. Like, for instance, why gases change color and glow when a current goes through them. Why? Cause energy excites them. Why does it excite them? Nobody can tell you. It simply is like that. Just like how some certain substances light on fire when heated... Nobody knows WHY the atoms are flammable and others are not ... They just are.

That is all fine and dandy because they are here and this and that can affect them. But how can anything come from nothing. That is not a possibility and even science states that. Even if you can not explain why some things behave the way they do, it does not mean that they can react by themselves and change shape or form in anyway without some form of stimulant.

So where would these gases come from. Would they simply appear out of 'thin air' so to speak. And if so how is it you can refute the idea of a god having created them out of said thin air.

You may have said what any scientist would have said, but that doesn't change the fact that every black hole may be made up of dark matter. By listening to science and not coming with other conclusions you do the same as a christian who does not believe things can just be.

Think about it. It is more plausable to believe that God created the gases that created the big bang. Why? Because its easier to believe something made something instead of believing nothing made something.

Its the same as saying Black Holes contain dense matter in general. I can sit here and say Dark Matter is in the middle of every black hole. But it is more plausable to believe that the matter at the center of black holes is just incredably dense, so dense that it not only pulls light into it but also object toward/into it.

Beliving in a God is just believing what makes more sense, like believing in certain aspects of science. Just because your proof may be on paper it doesn't mean its right, afterall science has proven itself wrong time and time again.

I read this wonderful book, "Calculating God" by Robert J. Sawyer, he has some interesting thoughts on this subject, I think you guys should find it and read it.

I myself do agree with AW, there are a lot of things out there we cannot explain, like the whole 'out of thin air' thing, it is IMO a possibility, however small , that there is in fact a 'God', now I'm not talking here about a christian or muslin God, but about a being that may have powers we cannot explain, or even think of. To this being our Universe may just be an experiment, that he sometimes influences :/ Pretty Sci-fi ey?

So where would these gases come from. Would they simply appear out of 'thin air' so to speak. And if so how is it you can refute the idea of a god having created them out of said thin air.
Probably because stars create all that we see around us. It is the nuclear fusion of atoms that creates everything around us, not a supreme being.

Think about it. It is more plausable to believe that God created the gases that created the big bang. Why? Because its easier to believe something made something instead of believing nothing made something.
Read previous reply.

Its the same as saying Black Holes contain dense matter in general. I can sit here and say Dark Matter is in the middle of every black hole. But it is more plausable to believe that the matter at the center of black holes is just incredably dense, so dense that it not only pulls light into it but also object toward/into it.
agreed. That's what black holes do and that is what they are made of.

Beliving in a God is just believing what makes more sense, like believing in certain aspects of science. Just because your proof may be on paper it doesn't mean its right, afterall science has proven itself wrong time and time again.
and I suppose religion hasn't?

EDIT: This topic should be closed as soon as possible due to the fact that neither side will win and we already have plenty of threads just like this one.

Last edited:
i don't believe in god for two simple reasons

if god created the world to be perfect then why is ther global warming and death everywhere

and if god created the world then who the hell created god?

there you go, athiest views right there

EDIT: This topic should be closed as soon as possible due to the fact that neither side will win and we already have plenty of threads just like this one.
Uh... I've never really seen a debate won except by time constraints... So I don't see how this thread can be closed so quickly... As for plenty of threads similar, I suppose so... Not similar at the beginning but that develop into something similar. With that, I agree.

I think one of the reasons these little debates never end is because neither side is willing to compromise ideas or even accept one anothers viewpoints.

Despite all my arguing I don't care about what anyone else believes. It comes down to this. If there is no god we will all die and that will probably be the end. An eternal darkness that we are not even concience of.

However if a god does exist then when we die there is a chance we will go to heaven or hell, or some other place, and know at that point if god exists. In theory at least.

God exists. The Asians believe that the world was created by the power of wisdom/mind whatever way you call it. Strong feelings made everything appear. One person can create something real too but it can be quite dangerious. You must start thinking about that thing outside when the sun rises and stop on the night time. Your created person will appear in an unknown place and will act on its own.
Of course I don't really believe that for I'm not Asian.

Did you know that the Big Bang theory was actually concieved by a catholic preist, and it is actually a concept that proves God exists and not the other way around. People who just don't want to believe, or do not understanf the theory just twisted it to their own meaning, but it the end it all comes down to one thing. One second there was no universe the next there was. Something had to trigger it.

Walter C. said:
Walter C. Dornez[/url]]That's a fallacy, Gravity isn't a force at all. According to my physics teacher, Gravity creates the force, the force being weight

Weight is the measurement of gravity on a mass. That isn't a force, its a measurement. Gravity is a force because it affects things such as weight and the placement of objects. Weight however does neither of these. Oh and webster is smarter than your science teacher.

Webster said:
4 a: an agency or influence that if applied to a free body results chiefly in an acceleration of the body and sometimes in elastic deformation and other effects b: any of the natural influences (as electromagnetism, gravity, the strong force, and the weak force) that exist especially between particles and determine the structure of the universe

But this is besides the point, the point here is that even with the use of science atehists can not prove God doesn't exist, and can only create a very tenitive hypothesis. So I doubt that they can come up with an explaination that God doesn't exist without science. That said I think they lose. :eek:

I find it funny too because God has nothing going for him scientifically yet still those that are faithful can use it to their aid, yet atheists can't even begin to formulate a theory on how god doesn't exist without science. Just another reason a God must exist, because every notion can point to one.

Last edited:
I find it funny too because God has nothing going for him scientifically yet still those that are faithful can use it to their aid, yet atheists can't even begin to formulate a theory on how god doesn't exist without science. Just another reason a God must exist, because every notion can point to one.

So you're saying that God definitely exists because people cannot prove that he doesn't exist? That doesn't prove anything. There's no way that you could prove to me that he exists without using something you believe. Plus, I already stated why I cannot believe in god without using science. At the moment, I cannot believe in god, but I still hold the possibility that there is a god, gods, or some sort of superior being.

Scientists say that they have 'proof'.

What I would like to see is some PROOF that their 'proof' proves whatever point they are trying to prove! >_<

Back