Calling all Atheists

xD When I say 'steadfast' I mean that you believe the idea to the core of your being. This means you are hard to convince out of your own existential ideals. Meaning Atheism = religion.

God does exist.

Prove me wrong, without the use of science and circular logic.
Your request is flawed.

Humans have only two ways in which to PROVE or DISPROVE an idea. The first, and most reliable, is to physically sense it. The second, is to believe in it without sensing it, or to have FAITH in it.

Seeing as how science is, in a nutshell, using our senses in order to create hypothesis' about ideas, and the fact that you said that we cannot use science as our proof, we lose our first ability to argue.

Without our senses we are left with only faith.

And therefore, the ONLY answer, which is also the correct answer no matter what you truly believe, or what the truth really is, is that there is no God because I (I being whomever is answering you) do not BELIEVE in God.

Easy, but pointless.

Perhaps allowing us science to disprove you so that this debate can actually... well be debated.

This is meant for serious discussion. Please post more than one-liners...
Ironic. :wacky:

Anyways...
This 'Prove or Disprove' god crap that everyone debates over is stupid.
You cannot prove someone exists simply by rationalization. Okay, you haven't seen miracles, and a lot of the stuff in the bible is unclear or BS. That doesn't mean he's not existant. And, sure. There is an unknown cause behind the big bang, and there's other unexplainable things in this world. That doesn't mean an intelligent being was behind it.

In short, debate will __never__ have a conclusion.
So... I have a new question. Why do you all continue with these pointless topics? =\

Last edited by a moderator:
I continue to debate because I love proving that Atheism is just as much of a religion as any other. The only difference is cut the names of gods out of every religious text, and paste in the word 'nothing' or 'science'.

Science did not create this universe. It is an explination for how nature works... And, it can also help you re-create / manipulate it.... So, pretty much... The only word that would fit there would be 'nothing' =\
Which, in turn, would make the bible completely useless. Bleh. Leave the book alone.

Yes, but typically, atheists either believe science created the universe or nothing did, which is a lot harder for me to believe than a supernatural being creating it.

If atheism is a religion, who or what is worshipped? It's a concept, just like being agnostic and whatever the other one is.

And there is actually proof of the Big Bang. :monster:

Anyways...
This 'Prove or Disprove' god crap that everyone debates over is stupid.
You cannot prove someone exists simply by rationalization. Okay, you haven't seen miracles, and a lot of the stuff in the bible is unclear or BS. That doesn't mean he's not existant. And, sure. There is an unknown cause behind the big bang, and there's other unexplainable things in this world. That doesn't mean an intelligent being was behind it.

In short, debate will __never__ have a conclusion.
So... I have a new question. Why do you all continue with these pointless topics? =\

Science IS logic, by the way. By denying science to be used as an argument, you're basically locking away all possible argument and setting this thread up for your half of the argument to win.
First of all, no human can ever PROVE anything. The best we could ever hope to do is create an educated guess. There will always be an unknown element, be it God or otherwise, that will allow a secondary "reason" as to why things happen, or why things are, that will always act against the original proof, therefore leaving the "proof" unproven until the secondary "reason" is PROVED to be an incorrect hypothesis. Even if God poked his head from the clouds and said "I CREATED MAN," we still wouldn't have "proved" anything. We don't have to believe a giant head in the clouds, after all, he could be lying. Even if he showed us a recording of him creating us, we could still doubt it ("Obvious shop is obvious").

So, why debate if no one person can ever be proven correct? Well, to expand our minds and try to get closer to actually "proving" something. Although we will never reach our goal of actually "proving" something doesn't mean we don't enjoy trying.

...at least that's my hypothesis on the subject.

Yes, but typically, atheists either believe science created the universe or nothing did, which is a lot harder for me to believe than a supernatural being creating it.
Really has nothing to do with what I just said, but eh, whatever...

It's hard for me to beleive one thing could've made all this, though. And in one week? WTF?
But, everything exploding and stars, planets, and moons forming due to one force, gravity, makes far more sence to the Atheists... It does to me too, honestly.

So, why debate if no one person can ever be proven correct? Well, to expand our minds and try to get closer to actually "proving" something. Although we will never reach our goal of actually "proving" something doesn't mean we don't enjoy trying.
Enjoyment? From something that gets you nowhere? Eh... Suppose I can live with that answer. Thats what video games are, after all, unless you're the ones involved in their tournaments or their creation.

Last edited:
I never said the big bang didn't happen. And I never said I believed the universe was made in one week...

I'm just saying... What was the big bang? How did it start?

If you ask about how come a god could have existed before the universe, has anyone ever thought that maybe this WASN'T the first universe it made?

In which case, yeah... The god would've technically existed before the universe was made.

I'm just saying... What was the big bang? How did it start?
In the beginning (lawl), there was pretty much nothing but random gases (cba to name them all, stfu) in the 'universe'. That's a loosely used term, since technically there wasn't a universe at the time. But it makes things easier.
These gases began to fuse nuclearly. This resulted in a bang of a large proportion. Hence the Big Bang. Other elements and such were born of the bang, including planets in a fundamental stage and other things we see now. Over time, evolution, gravity and other forces have developed into what we have now.

As I said before, nobody knows that there was a cause behind the Big Bang. All we know was that it happened. That is still not proof of an intelligent being being behind it.

And who cares if there's a chance that there was a universe before this one? That's not the issue.

And again, there does NOT need to be an intelligent being nor uni or multiverse of some sort before us. Scientists say there was just so much matter in one small place that it exploded like a balloon... Which sounds logical.
Think about it. If you have too much air in one balloon... Too much gas in a rocket, or if a tire pops, what happens? An explosion. Which, in this case, over time and effects of gravity, created galaxies... All on it's own.

Last edited:
How did the gasses get there? I've already given an idea of how a god could've already existed, where'd the gas come from?

And don't say a fart either... Though that would be a rather comedic way to start the universe. xD

The gas just was. It didn't come from anywhere, it just was there. It's a hard notion to get your head around, but also try thinking about what the universe is expanding into. The answer is that it isn't; it's just expanding.

Actually... I've heard the universe is expanding into black holes... Or at least all the separate galaxies are. In which case they get sucked into who-knows-where.

I paid attention in my science classes. However, I'm getting off-topic, sorta.

The gas just was. It didn't come from anywhere, it just was there. It's a hard notion to get your head around, but also try thinking about what the universe is expanding into. The answer is that it isn't; it's just expanding.

Stole the words right out of my mouth... =P
What he says is true. Things simply are... They don't need a cause. It's like asking why there's gravity, air resistance, and other things of that nature... It simply is.

The universe is expanding into nothing. Everything is getting further and further away from everything, and there is no middle point. It's an extremely hard concept to grasp, but it's fact. I'm not sure what the 'rule' is on black holes though. I don't know if they're able to expand anywhere due to their nature. It's like answering "what's on the other side of a black hole?"

I too paid attention.

Black holes are not gates with other sides... They are objects so dense, with so much mass, that the gravity it exerts on other objects are so strong, that even light can't escape. If something is to be tossed into it, it will basically become the object in the center.

Last edited:
Stole the words right out of my mouth... =P
What he says is true. Things simply are... They don't need a cause. It's like asking why there's gravity, air resistance, and other things of that nature... It simply is.
Gravity isn't that much of a mystery... Everything physical has gravity... I believe I've been able to see a bit of my own gravity when I was bored, by noticing how light and color bend just slightly around my arm.

Oy... we aren't really making much of a religious debate anymore, though...

Back