Brotherhood

I really enjoyed the second episode. Prompto didn't exactly strike me as a character with much plot behind him other than being the Prince's friend/ pretty boy of the group.

I really enjoyed the second episode. Prompto didn't exactly strike me as a character with much plot behind him other than being the Prince's friend/ pretty boy of the group.
I originally thought he'd be the comic relief of the group, especially when the story would take a dark turn. Knowing his back story has given me a new level of respect for him. I liked how he worked hard to make an outer change in order to keep up with somebody else, although I don't think Noctis would have cared. I'm also glad this episode expressed that Kid Noctis wasn't stuck up due to royalty ties.

I am starting to like this animated series of Final Fantasy XV. It reminds me of The Last Order: Final Fantasy VII animated movie. The only difference is that this animated series has multiple episodes, which makes it quite interesting to watch. We get to learn more about the characters and see the activity they do together on their journey.

I am starting to like this animated series of Final Fantasy XV. It reminds me of The Last Order: Final Fantasy VII animated movie. The only difference is that this animated series has multiple episodes, which makes it quite interesting to watch. We get to learn more about the characters and see the activity they do together on their journey.
I am glad you are enjoying the episodes. I am just waiting for the one with the real MvP of FFXV ----> Ignis to get his shine.

I am glad you are enjoying the episodes. I am just waiting for the one with the real MvP of FFXV ----> Ignis to get his shine.

I just hope that ones Square Enix releases all of the episodes, they should make a English version of it so that the people can buy the whole collection. I don't want it to end up like they did with The Last Order which it never had a English version.

I for one am enjoying this series as well, although I do find it raises a lot of questions about the world of FFXV itself. I mean this looks like it literally takes place in Japan, with all the usual anime settings plus a few obviously fictional places and personalities on the side. Not inconsistent with the 'fantasy mixed with reality' idea the game has going, but I feel like the ratio of fantasy to reality is very different in the anime. That might be because it's an anime, or it might be because the game has more reality to it than the trailers have let on. I'm guessing it's probably the former, but I kind of hope it's the latter. As JRPGs like Persona have proven, putting a little fantasy in a lot of reality can make the fantasy all the more powerful.

Very curious to see how episode 3 sheds light on things (y)

Heck yeah, I'm waiting on Ignis too!! I also questioned why the heck the town looks like Japan. Are these the outskirts of Lucis? Or perhaps the kingdom has changed much from the older trailers which showed a sprawling metropolis? @_@ Or maybe Noctis studied in a different city...

I for one am enjoying this series as well, although I do find it raises a lot of questions about the world of FFXV itself. I mean this looks like it literally takes place in Japan, with all the usual anime settings plus a few obviously fictional places and personalities on the side. Not inconsistent with the 'fantasy mixed with reality' idea the game has going, but I feel like the ratio of fantasy to reality is very different in the anime. That might be because it's an anime, or it might be because the game has more reality to it than the trailers have let on. I'm guessing it's probably the former, but I kind of hope it's the latter. As JRPGs like Persona have proven, putting a little fantasy in a lot of reality can make the fantasy all the more powerful.

Very curious to see how episode 3 sheds light on things (y)
I think it's just the setting of when these episodes take place. I believe in FFXV, some locations will have a more realistic vibe to them, while others will be more fantasy based. I think because these episodes are focusing on who these characters are from an origin aspect, the reality route is probably going to be over-riding the fantasy aspect so that way the characters are taken more seriously. I feel the main cast are more reality based than fantasy. I don't know if that makes any sense. If it doesn't, I apologize.

Heck yeah, I'm waiting on Ignis too!! I also questioned why the heck the town looks like Japan. Are these the outskirts of Lucis? Or perhaps the kingdom has changed much from the older trailers which showed a sprawling metropolis? @_@ Or maybe Noctis studied in a different city...
I want to assume this is just a different part of the world that the school setting falls on. I'll be sure to update the OP on the 7th when Episode 3 drops.

I thought Prompto's episode was much better. Tho Ignis' backstory is the one I'm most excited for.

I thought Prompto's episode was much better.
I did enjoy Prompto's episode more, but I have no complaints at all with how episode 3 got dealt with. This episode completely dissolved one of the thoughts I had about a character previously. That's a good thing.

I found Iris to be unbelievably annoying. Srsly when she showed up to Gladio’s job n demands to meet the prince in person then throws a full-on, fist-waving, screaming temper tantrum until a sagely butler-type offers to see if the prince will accommodate her request for a meeting I was like WTF? Like none of that made any sense to me. Amongst other things, did that butler really think it was appropriate to bother the Crown Prince over some bodyguard’s bratty sister?

Anyway.

I hope the next episode which I assume is going to be centered around Ignis, isnt going to be as retarded n anticlimactic. Gladiolus on the other hand was perfect n turned out exactly how I imagined him to be in his younger years with Noctis. That was the only good thing I got out of it.

I found Iris to be unbelievably annoying. Srsly when she showed up to Gladio’s job n demands to meet the prince in person then throws a full-on, fist-waving, screaming temper tantrum until a sagely butler-type offers to see if the prince will accommodate her request for a meeting I was like WTF? Like none of that made any sense to me. Amongst other things, did that butler really think it was appropriate to bother the Crown Prince over some bodyguard’s bratty sister?
She may very well had been bratty. However, I didn't find it annoying because there are a lot of kids around her age in real life that don't have a real good grasp of power, royalty, etc. etc. The critical thinking just isn't at that stage yet typically for a lot of young kids. To her, Noctis was just another kid.

It wasnt just the stupid kid being all kinds of stupid in that situation you'd expect someone oh say SECURITY if not her big brother to send her peasant ass on her way. Its not just any workplace its the royal palace. You dnt have to think hard bout it its ridiculous to believe that a very young child would walk freely and alone into the palace and then walk away from the meeting room chasing a cat. So dumb. So very anime cliche.

This episode at least makes a modicum more sense on paper than episode 2 but jfc I'd rather watch Prompto jogging for 13 minutes than relive a single temper tantrum or idiotic screech. A flimsy way for Gladio to overcome his irritation regarding the prince. There have to have been less annoying ways to achieve this.

It wasnt just the stupid kid being all kinds of stupid in that situation you'd expect someone oh say SECURITY if not her big brother to send her peasant ass on her way. Its not just any workplace its the royal palace. You dnt have to think hard bout it its ridiculous to believe that a very young child would walk freely and alone into the palace and then walk away from the meeting room chasing a cat. So dumb. So very anime cliche.
I somewhat understand your complaint. My take on it is that the Lucis royalty are not the douchy kind. They take the time to listen to people regardless of their status. I feel this reflects in the actions of both Kid Noctis, and his father.

Yeah, the new episode wasn't as good as Prompto's, but it was basically what I expect of this series. The budget for it is relatively low and the subject matter is the odds and ends that SE couldn't fit into the main game--of course it's not going to be a storytelling masterpiece. For what it is though it's nice to see some character development for this cast. Early on there didn't seem to be a whole lot of real chemistry between them, but as they show their history together I'm getting the feeling that's sort of the point. These are people that initially had nothing in common that became close through their experiences. By witnessing some of those experiences now we're able to understand a bit of their relationship and feel like part of the group ourselves. There's a lot about the Brotherhood shorts that feels contrived still, but on the whole I'm enjoying it.

Those desserts made me salivate. Food in anime always makes me hungry.

Cute episode. The anime piques my interest more than the actual game. And my god Noctis sleeps a lot lol.

Last edited:
I just finished watching episode #3,#4 and #5 on Youtube. They where good episodes to me. So far I like episode#5 the most. It is more focused on Noctis and his dad's past. It also contains more action than the previous episodes which is why I found it very interesting. We got to see Noctis and his crew fight against one of the most recognizable boss in Final Fantasy known as Marilith. That is were the full action started to take place making it one of the best episode of the series.

Back