Bit of a predicament here

Assassin Baby

I tried bein normal.....I didn't like it
Gil
Well as I'm sure many have noticed as I have PS3 is quite disappointing me in the RPG area. So waswanting to ask all you 360 fanatics out there. WOuld tossin out the ps3 for a 360 be better? I mean it's already whoopin PS3 in RPGs and even FF has switched so hey what the hell right?

FF hasn't switched entirely though. FF13 is still going to be on the PS3, and FF13 versus is ONLY on the PS3.

The PS3's day is only just begining. It got off to a slow start but it is a really good console and hopefully the RPG genre will find its home in PS3 soon too.

But anyway the PS3 has a lot to offer in other areas other than RPG and from the 360 games I've played, I really do prefer what the PS3 has to offer (especially with donwloadable content).

But I'm not a 360 fantatic, though just about everyone else I meet is one. I just feel the PS3 deserves a chance. You probably spent a lot of money on your PS3, so I'd be sure you know what you really want before getting rid of it.

I've got an Xbox 360, but even though I love it, I really don't think that it'd be worth tossing your PS3 for an Xbox 360. The trend these days tends to go towards most games going multiplatform. A trend which I believe is only going to grow stronger since neither Sony or Microsoft are likely to position themselves as the dominant power on the market any time soon.

But if the Xbox 360 is the console which has the few exclusives you are pining for, and there isn't really any of the PS3 exclusives that does anything for you, then go for it. With the 2 consoles having a rather similar selection of games anyway, it's a pretty riskfree move, and you could probably easily buy a new Xbox 360 with the money you'd be getting for your PS3.

Last edited:
Ya don't get my wrong PS3 has some kickass titles. Guess I'm a little impatient. Just kinda tired waitin to get some decent RPGs titles that are good (unlike enchanted arms and folklore) especially for the kinda money I dropped for it seein as I was workin part time at a freakin wendys when I bought the thing so that was a lotta savin up lol. But other then the waitin I enjoy it and the download content I can get is great (I don't get it unless its free cause stores neevr seem to have PSN cards lol)

I would suggest You keep your ps3 and get a 360 also because Xbox 360 has some great titles but Ps3 has some also you know? There are alot of good shooters on the ps3 but Xbox 360 is better at shooters. Ever try making a japanese account and checking out the japanese playstation store?

I have both consoles and i'm fairly in the middle about which console I prefer. While the ps3 has great games like warhawk, mirror's edge and MGS4, the 360 has fable 2, GoW 2 and IU.

Though for entertaining games on the whole i'm preferring ps3, though that's personal interest really. it really depends on what you're after on the whole, the more genre interests you have, the easier it is to choose one console after another. For war games i'd choose 360 on the whole, entertainment-wise for instance.

the 360 has come down in price so you should be able to pick one up pretty cheap, if you cant afford a shiny new one, your local gamestation should have plenty of 2nd hand ones with hard-drives (dont bother with the one with no harddrive it isnt worth your time) going cheap enough :)

Ideal world: Playstationbox 1080

Sadly it's not, and with both still competing heavily against one another that makes things very expensive indeed. My advise is to keep the ps3 and keep saving for a 360. i used to be vehemently Sony only, but these days i've relaxed a little and the 360 is the jewel in the crown, unfortunately even that took some political horse trading to get it onto the household, so i don't see me having a PS3 any time soon, which sucks balls because i want FFXIII. They have equal performance, but at the minute the 360 is very much the cheaper option and has a wider selection of titles.

FF hasn't switched entirely though. FF13 is still going to be on the PS3...

And at that, only in North America and parts of Europe, where they are able to make more money from it. I think that it is impossible for Square to ignore the fact that the 360 is doing well (I don't see how. In my opinion, only because it came out first. The only thing wrong with THAT is that there is going to end up being a new Microsoft game counsle before Sony is forced to update to that point) in these areas. It is bad business practice.

The PS3's day is only just begining. It got off to a slow start but it is a really good console and hopefully the RPG genre will find its home in PS3 soon too.

I agree!

In my opinion, there just needs to be a few breakthrough titles for game developers to feel like they are taking less of a risk in developing solely for the PS3. The PS3 is mroe technilogicaly (sp?) advanced than the 360, and is probaly concidered a risk (Becauase of that, and because in my afformentioned paragraph it has already been established here).

Plus, there are clear signs of the PS3's rise to power.

I feel like all the square Enix rpgs are all going to the Xbox 360 and not ps3. Also There is the Last Remnant which is a good game but has a very complicated battle system. IU is a really good rpg. In IU I like the fact that Capell really becomes something special. He is not that poor kid anymore who is always lost haha. Yeah and thankfully both systems are getting FF Xiii but I might as well get it for 360 for achievements or ps3 for trophys. Although I prefer achievements. 360 has got Halo 3 fun but boring easily. If you want a shooter take Gears Of War 2 it is like so freakin sick!!

Personally I wouldn't spend money buying an Xbox 360 if I already had PS3, or buying a PS3 if I already had an Xbox 360. The difference between the 2 systems is just too small for me to justify owning 2 systems. I do suppose that it depends on how much time you spend on gaming, but with pretty much anything being multi-platform these days, I don't really see the use.

Hehe i'm must be teh only 360 owner one in teh plan3t who wants PS3 so baaaadly!!! :woot:

PS3 has Metal Gear Solid 4(One of the greatest titles ever SHAME on me that i haven;t played it yet) not to mention a numerous other awesome titles and it has gone really upgraded since it's release.
Lack of RPG's?! One word for you mister Valkyrie Chronicles.

Now on topic i suggest you be patient, willing to afford some extra money for videogames and get that 360 as well ;)

MGS4 is freakin amazing that should be the first ps3 game when anyone buys a ps3 hahah. Its really cool and it got a 10 out of 10 one of the best games on the planet my word is get it!!!

I 've beaten and replayed all the games in Metal Gear Solid series.
My top Favorite along with Final Fantasy!
Sure i admit: I bought 360 only cause of Halo 3,Lost Odyssey and a couple of other titles too..but as far as i can see....PS3 is my future.

I'm coming back to you Sony you hear? :'(
I'M COMING BACK TO YOU :tighthug:

MGS4 is amazing. And since I just found the release date for God of War 3 I'll be stickin with my PS3 and prolly just drop some cash for a 360 as well. Now the question is which is better 60gb one or the arcade pack?(mind you I don't do online gaming)

Hehe i'm must be teh only 360 owner one in teh plan3t who wants PS3 so baaaadly!!! :woot:

Lack of RPG's?! One word for you mister Valkyrie Chronicles.

Now on topic i suggest you be patient, willing to afford some extra money for videogames and get that 360 as well ;)

I actually was looking at that title online the other day and wasn't sure if I should pick it up or not.

Back