Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
eE332DN.png

All responsibility and liability for this banner rests with Six. I had no part in this whatsoever. Nope. None at all.

I was going to kick off this event with a short poem about the meaning of love and how much it enriches our lives and inspires people to make and do great things in the name of it, but I quickly came to the realisation that I make a terrible poet. And I scarcely know anything about love. It would have read either like an alien's attempt to imitate human emotions, or an absolute cringefest from beginning to end.

Instead, I'll let the rest of you write something equally as unimaginably dreadful. This year's writing theme for Birthweek will be on romance, which is surely a topic we're all veritable experts in! So go forth and write something moving and truly beautiful. Be all dramatic and melancholic if you want. Shakespeare was never all that restrained when he inserted romance into his plays. And it isn't like some of those relationships end up badly, suffice to say.

Rules!

• Write a short romantic tale. Use your common sense and don't turn it into smut. But if you want to write smut, still send it over my way regardless. I'll enjoy it, but I won't be publishing it. Ahem.
  • Your story must have Final Fantasy characters and/or Final Fantasy Forums members...I will deeply regret the latter.
  • The word limit is 1,500 words. No novels, please!
  • Submit your entry to me either by PMs here or on Discord (Linnaete for both). Ideally send me a link to a Google Docs page or something.
  • Deadline pending. As this event requires a lot more time and effort than most, we can be flexible with the final deadline. I'll post updates when necessary. DEADLINE WILL BE 27th JUNE!

Last edited:
I have my idea.

I have drafted the bones. Now I just have to try and make it somewhat readable and decide if I keep this idea or go for something different.

It will probably come last, as is tradition, but it is the participation that counts! :thehead:

We have an official amended deadline for this event, people!

GET YOUR ENTRIES IN BY THE END OF THE 27th OF THIS MONTH.

No, you are not getting any further extensions. If your college professor wouldn't give you another extension, why should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back