Best Graphics (for its time)

• Thread starter BustaMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BustaMo

Simply asking which game do you think has the best grahics (considering the time is was created) in the Final Fantasy franchise.

We encourage you to vote to determine which is the ultimate winner overall, and you are welcome to post your opinions in reply, but it is not manditory; only the poll votes count towards the voting results.

I voted IX. I have to admit I was very imperesed with the graphics the first time I played it.

I would have voted VIII regardless.
I mean, the characters and settings were fully proportional and whatnot.
That swung it for me.

FFX. BAM! It blew me and all my friends out of the water. Plus any other of its RPG competitors. It set the bar of gfx and it kept them up there quite high for a very long time

VIII, definitely. First FF game in the series that had an extraordinary touch to it, graphic-wise. Then the rest followed.

XII. VII's, could have been better. VIII's, rather disfigured/funny looking, IX - too hard to see sometimes, X - alright, but needed improvements.

XII's were spot on, face animations were amazing.

IX in my opinion. bcoz it has impressive spell animations and the prerendered environments you walk at are moving so smoothly even in real-time.(e.g. sands in cleyra trunk, fire torches and water fountains) the characters may be deformed but solidly textured.

Last edited:
id say VIII they really made an effort to make the characters well proportioned and realistic, the FMVs were brilliant, a huge step up from VII

I believe FFVIII had the best graphics for its time i mean not only the cut-scenes but the action the battles and sequences had for 1998/99 it´s pretty detailed.

I thought VIII definitely had the best graphics for its time. As already stated, they made a real effort to make the characters look life like. All of the FMV where beautiful, including the opening FMV and the Ballroom dance scene.

Although FFVII was the first to go fully 3D, I still think the graphics could have been a little better. FFVIII was a massive improvement. Making the characters more realistic and they actually followed you (Unlike FFVII when they just merged with you. :D) The FMV's were quality aswell with a lot more.

I think FFIX,The graphics really pushed the abilities of the Psone. the battles dont look that great but the normal scenes look fantastic!

other games that have done well are FFVI,FFVIII and FFXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back