Before Crisis on the DS

hey sorry about my bad spelling but hate to tell you nintendos losing its edge

Orly? Then care to explain why Wiis are constantly sold out? Two weeks ago I went to gamestop at 2 in the afternoon to see if they had any. They'd just got a shipment in that morning and already sold out. Then I went to Walmart, the woman in electronics said they'd be getting a shipment in at midnight and to expect a line. That doesn't sound like losing its edge to me.

the only reason people even buy a ds is because of the word NINTENDO
Well duh. That's because people know Nintendo = quality

nintendo is losing its edge i am not a sony fanboy and i dont take sides all im saying is nintendos losing its edge
You are a Sony fanboy. And you repeat yourself alot. And you need to learn how to use grammar and punctuation.

it once owned the handhelds that age is coming to an end ds has sold well for basicly 2 reasons the word nintendo and the fact that nintendo used to be the only company that could make a decent hand held
That age is coming to an end? lolwut? You're trying to sound all prophetic and shizz :wacky: Anyway the PSP wil;l have to do alot of work if it wants to beat Nintendo. It's full of useless, complicated features and the DS is...well...it's Nintendo ffs. They've been doing handhelds forever, they have experience Sony doesn't. Not to mention whoever is in charge of Sony is doing a godawful job, both with the PS3 and the PSP. If everything was being handled the way the PS2 was, then the PSP could probably give the DS a run for its money.

also i own pokemon diamond its not as great as you say it is its worth maybe 1-2 weeks of fun at the most.
Well then something is very wrong with you. Collecting pokemans and beating the hell out of other pokemans to catch them and then using your captured pokemans to beat the hell out of cocky trainers is win :neomon:

once again no offense. please dont bother to make a response to this post
Oops, too late.

saying as i wont be bothering to return to this part of the forums the fact is bc wont come to ds because sony owns ff7 basicly.
Awww....we'll miss your lulz though T_T

And what the hell difference does it make that Sony owns VII? Haven't you noticed all the exclusives the PS3 had that very quickly became multiplatform? It's probably unlikely, but I'm sure VII could always end up on a Nintendo handheld or console.

hey sorry about my bad spelling but hate to tell you nintendos losing its edge the only reason people even buy a ds is because of the word NINTENDO nintendo is losing its edge i am not a sony fanboy and i dont take sides all im saying is nintendos losing its edge it once owned the handhelds that age is coming to an end ds has sold well for basicly 2 reasons the word nintendo and the fact that nintendo used to be the only company that could make a decent hand held also i own pokemon diamond its not as great as you say it is its worth maybe 1-2 weeks of fun at the most. once again no offense. please dont bother to make a response to this post saying as i wont be bothering to return to this part of the forums the fact is bc wont come to ds because sony owns ff7 basicly.

I have both a DS and a PSP and the Ds's are FLYING off the shelves, also prefer the DS. It's much easier to use and I didn't buy it because it is NINTENDO omg....Nintendo....must....buy...... i bought it because the selection of games are more fun. Who wants a complicated game on a handheld? That's what the consoles are for

I'm pretty sure YOU would only buy a PSP because it has the SONY label :ffs:

And what the hell difference does it make that Sony owns VII? Haven't you noticed all the exclusives the PS3 had that very quickly became multiplatform? It's probably unlikely, but I'm sure VII could always end up on a Nintendo handheld or console.

Not really much I can add to that but say, my point exactly, altho I fail at explaining things :monster:

Does Sony own w/e rights to the cell phone that BC was released on? Well, anyways, I can't imagine Sony owning enough rights of a SE game to delegate what platform they release sequels, prequels, or spin-offs on...but what do I know?

But regardless, SE is at least capable of porting a cell phone game to DS...they did it with Deep Labyrinth.

Shyne said:
Sure, call me a hater , but i'm a veteran gamer. I've played every console, every FF game, Nintendos, Segas, Sony consoles, to Jaguars, Atari's, Linux's etc Too many to write down.

The word you're looking for isn't "veteran", but ELITIST! Not even the funny, "acceptable" 1337-kind either...but the Nazi-kind. OMG? Did I just call you elitist & compare you to a Nazi? lol

Shyne said:
Nintendo's are mainly for kids and newbies who get a kick from cheap gimicks.

NOOO MY GAMER PRIDE~

I've always been into Sony consoles, but I've always gone with Nintendo handhelds. (Well, because there hasn't been any real competition since the Game Gear, but anyway.) I like the PSP, but I also don't like it because a used one still costs more than what I paid for a new first-generation DS. I just can't afford to own two handhelds.

Anyway, Before Crisis on DS would make my day. I consider myself a serious Final Fantasy VII fan, but I have slacked off on the Compilation. I bought Advent Children and watched it over and over again faithfully, but I didn't get Dirge of Cerberus because I heard it was bad and I can't play Crisis Core because, again, I don't have a PSP. (I just have to watch wistfully over my friend's shoulder and sigh while he plays.)

But this kind of reminds me of what happened with the Ace Attorney games. After Phoenix Wright did so well on the DS, there were rumors that Capcom would release the second and third games for mobile in the US. Fortunately, they brought them to the DS instead. If Capcom knows there's no mobile market in the US, Square-Enix HAS to know, and I'd like to think they want to give us Before Crisis sometime, right?

what part of FFIII, Tactics and Revenant Wings on the GBA/DS are you not understanding? Both being NINTENDO consoles. WHY is VII to good for that? :ffs:

FFVII is too big of a graphics game to be put on the ds. even if they would do it no one would buy it. i think people are more attracted to graphics of a game then the game itself ( not saying that the storyline doesnt matter because it does) for instance kingdom hearts 365 for the ds looks horrible i like the series but the look brings it down. and about reveant wings applies to what i sayed before have you seen the graphics it looks childish.

Orly? Then care to explain why Wiis are constantly sold out? Two weeks ago I went to gamestop at 2 in the afternoon to see if they had any. They'd just got a shipment in that morning and already sold out. Then I went to Walmart, the woman in electronics said they'd be getting a shipment in at midnight and to expect a line. That doesn't sound like losing its edge to me.

Well duh. That's because people know Nintendo = quality

You are a Sony fanboy. And you repeat yourself alot. And you need to learn how to use grammar and punctuation.

That age is coming to an end? lolwut? You're trying to sound all prophetic and shizz :wacky: Anyway the PSP wil;l have to do alot of work if it wants to beat Nintendo. It's full of useless, complicated features and the DS is...well...it's Nintendo ffs. They've been doing handhelds forever, they have experience Sony doesn't. Not to mention whoever is in charge of Sony is doing a godawful job, both with the PS3 and the PSP. If everything was being handled the way the PS2 was, then the PSP could probably give the DS a run for its money.

Well then something is very wrong with you. Collecting pokemans and beating the hell out of other pokemans to catch them and then using your captured pokemans to beat the hell out of cocky trainers is win :neomon:

Oops, too late.

Awww....we'll miss your lulz though T_T

how is the psp more complicated then the ds? unless ur under 10 then you shouldnt have a problem. and for psp only coming out with complicated games whats wrong with that are you too scared to play a real game or you gotta go make mario jump on some mushrooms? Plz tell me what makes the ds better then the psp? is it the WiFi? o wait the psp has internet can the ds play music? or be able to doenload emulators on it. ( hmm i do beleive that i can download a ds emulator on it hmm psp and ds games on one console. if you can find out something that tops all of that plz tell me and i will give you ur props:wink:

FFVII is too big of a graphics game to be put on the ds.

Then care to explain why Before Crisis was put on the phone? Those are inferior graphics to the DS :neomon:

even if they would do it no one would buy it. i think people are more attracted to graphics of a game then the game itself ( not saying that the storyline doesnt matter because it does) for instance kingdom hearts 365 for the ds looks horrible i like the series but the look brings it down. and about reveant wings applies to what i sayed before have you seen the graphics it looks childish.
Believe it or not, there are alot of gamers out there who aren't shallow. Y'know, the kind who play games for the gameplay or story and don't whine when the graphics are downgraded on handhelds.

khscanslg06akqc8.jpg

Oh noes! PSone graphics! Who cares, so long as the game is still fun to play. If everyone were graphics whores, I doubt people would still be playing VII today. And graphics obviously aren't a release issue for SE, seeing as how they've been putting stuff on handhelds for years and the phone recently. They'd find better reasons to not put VII-related games on the DS.

FFVII is too big of a graphics game to be put on the ds. even if they would do it no one would buy it. i think people are more attracted to graphics of a game then the game itself ( not saying that the storyline doesnt matter because it does) for instance kingdom hearts 365 for the ds looks horrible i like the series but the look brings it down. and about reveant wings applies to what i sayed before have you seen the graphics it looks childish.

how is the psp more complicated then the ds? unless ur under 10 then you shouldnt have a problem. and for psp only coming out with complicated games whats wrong with that are you too scared to play a real game or you gotta go make mario jump on some mushrooms? Plz tell me what makes the ds better then the psp? is it the WiFi? o wait the psp has internet can the ds play music? or be able to doenload emulators on it. ( hmm i do beleive that i can download a ds emulator on it hmm psp and ds games on one console. if you can find out something that tops all of that plz tell me and i will give you ur props:wink:

My god, you scream out SONY FANBOY! Hey, guess what? If graphics REAAALLLLLYYYY MATTER then why is the Wii the top selling console and the DS the top selling hand-held system? Gee, I wonder why? Maybe it's because it has a better selection of games, and they're affordable.

Remember the N64 and the PSone? Yeah, the PSone at the time but the graphics weren't as good as the N64 graphics, but hell the PSone sold millions! Oh rite, here's another, PS2 was still the top selling system although the Xbox had the better graphics. As you can see, graphics doesn't matter when it comes to console wars.

Children are the ones that run into Gamestop and start screaming how the graphics are so awesome on some M-rated game. When it comes to gamers... Graphics are great but it isn't everything as you can see. There is more to a game than just graphics. Clearly the Wii and DS are selling the most and they have the lowest quality graphics compared to their competitor.

Also please do not double post in the future.

ok i no i said i wouldnt return but i have to clear something up the wii and ds are selling so well because theyre cheap not because of the games i can gaurentee that if the ps3 and psp were cheaper people would buy them go ahead ask a couple random people if the ps3 and wii costed the same amount wich would they buy / this really is my last post here

ok i no i said i wouldnt return but i have to clear something up the wii and ds are selling so well because theyre cheap not because of the games i can gaurentee that if the ps3 and psp were cheaper people would buy them go ahead ask a couple random people if the ps3 and wii costed the same amount wich would they buy / this really is my last post here

Of all the stupid things a person can say, this really takes the biscuit.....

Why would ANYONE buy a console because it's cheap and the games are crap? I'm sorry but 100 quid is alot of money to spend on something that you don't like the games for. People can just save that 100 quid and save up if they really want a PS3. They are buying them because the games are FUN and LIGHTHEARTED. Nice family/party games aswel, if I had a Wii my mate wouldn't complain when I said, oooh lets stick it on :monster:

Plus I'd hardly call 100 quid for a handheld 'cheap' anyway. I REALLY wanted a DS, I have afew games for it they are all fun, and my PSP will be redundant until Crisis Core comes out over here

The Wii.
It isn't arsey with it's backwards compatibility, it's pretty much a Gamecube with sweet adjustments. You have great download and WiFi abilities, highly entertaining and engaing plays.
This is the first time my mother has ever played on a video console. She played Brain Academy and Wii Sports a couple of weeks ago. The Wii brances out to everybody, is at a cheap price, is selling like crazy.

The PS3 at the moment is all that awesome.

Anyway, I wouldn't put BC on a DS. If it's a mobile game, it's probably wouldn't make much of a DS one. Mobile games are generally shorter, amIrite?

So the DS can have FFIII, FFIV and many many other Final Fantasy and Squeenix games and you think that you can completely rule out any FFVII content Shyne? Kerrazay

Then care to explain why Before Crisis was put on the phone? Those are inferior graphics to the DS :neomon:

Believe it or not, there are alot of gamers out there who aren't shallow. Y'know, the kind who play games for the gameplay or story and don't whine when the graphics are downgraded on handhelds.

for one im not shallow if ur implying that. im just saying; if you seen a game preview on tv and they dont show you alot and the graphics were bad o one is gonna take a second look. I only play games for the story and gameplay.

Oh noes! PSone graphics! Who cares, so long as the game is still fun to play. If everyone were graphics whores, I doubt people would still be playing VII today. And graphics obviously aren't a release issue for SE, seeing as how they've been putting stuff on handhelds for years and the phone recently. They'd find better reasons to not put VII-related games on the DS.
for one im not shallow if ur implying that. im just saying; if you seen a game preview on tv and they dont show you alot and the graphics were bad o one is gonna take a second look. I only play games for the story and gameplay.Yea but who buys games for phones i just dont get that but w/e.Hey did i ever say anything about the ps1? i love it that console is what got me interested in the ff series with ff7,8,9 which all 3 had good graphics and gameplay.

So the DS can have FFIII, FFIV and many many other Final Fantasy and Squeenix games and you think that you can completely rule out any FFVII content Shyne? Kerrazay

And the gameboy has had I, II, IV, V and VI. Face it, he's just being a Sony/VII fanboy and doesn't think Nintendo deserves the godliness that is VII.

for one im not shallow if ur implying that. im just saying; if you seen a game preview on tv and they dont show you alot and the graphics were bad o one is gonna take a second look. I only play games for the story and gameplay.Yea but who buys games for phones i just dont get that but w/e.Hey did i ever say anything about the ps1? i love it that console is what got me interested in the ff series with ff7,8,9 which all 3 had good graphics and gameplay.

I don't see many game previews on TV in the first place, and I don't trust them anyway cuz previews can make anything look good, be it graphics or gameplay. But I really don't care if graphics are bad or not, so long as the gameplay is good. Why else would I still be playing SNES games today? :wacky:

tell me if you had the rights to a major selling series would you hand it over to your rivals no you wouldnt sony wont allow any final fantasy 7 spinoff to go anywere near nintendo its not a matter of if nintendos not good enough (its not) its a matter of money ff7=money +f7 rights= SONY and square= ff7 will never be on nintendo

tell me if you had the rights to a major selling series would you hand it over to your rivals no you wouldnt sony wont allow any final fantasy 7 spinoff to go anywere near nintendo its not a matter of if nintendos not good enough (its not) its a matter of money ff7=money +f7 rights= SONY and square= ff7 will never be on nintendo

Do you work for Sony? No, so be quiet.

Now look, I understand what you're saying about rivals and whatnot....but let's face it, Sony is failing. PS3 sales are only moderately good, the Wii is completely outselling both the 360 and the PS3. The PSP is doing better than it was, but the DS still has an edge over it.

And take a look at what's been happening ever since the PS3 came out: it's been LOSING exclusives. It's more lucrative for game developers to publish their games on multiple consoles. Square Enix, being the money whores they are, might take a look at something as big as VII and say to themselves "hey, this would make more money if we put it on the DS or Wii as well as the PS3." The PS3 might get it first, but they could always port it over. So unless you can find us something in Square Enix's contract with Sony specifically talking about Final Fantasy VII, we're going to keep taking the most logical standpoint.

Wait, nevermind. Seeing as as how Before Crisis was released on phones with the FOMA iMode services....your argument has already been destroyed, since they're not Sony phones. Now don't you feel silly? :wacky:

the wii and ds are selling so well because theyre cheap

That's preposterous.

HAY GUISE, I'M GOING TO BUY THE WII JUST BECAUSE IT COSTS 300 BUCKS LESS THAN THE PS3!:wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky:

For those of you in foreign countries, the Wii sells for almost half of what the PS3 sells for over here.

People and gamers recognize nintendo for what it is. Which is fun. The Wii branches out to all audiences, not just teenagers and up. So that clearly leaves a giant gaping hole open for hundreds of children to cry to their parents to buy them the super awesome Wii with marioparty and super smash bros.

Nintendo has their eyes on the prize. They're not in the back room working on their consoles appeal.

not because of the games
Have you ever, once in your life, sat down and played Super Smash bros. or Mario Party?

i can gaurentee that if the ps3 and psp were cheaper people would buy them
With such a shit library of games? I think not.:P

genesis91 said:

I doubt that when someone brought up the quality of the graphics in Revenant Wings, they weren't talking about the sprite-based battles, but the FMVs!!! Or you could point out either FFIII DS or the upcoming FFIV DS! Hell, even DQIX looks great! Yup, that's the next installment of the DRAGON QUEST series. Gaming's biggest seller in Japan. And it's gonna be on the DS. Although it's a game on the Enix side, I think that it still shows that the company is certainly allowing their big projects on Ninny's hot lil handheld.

DS Game Library>PSP Game Library

Sony seems to be taking the multi-function to it's limit, which, for them makes sense because they're an electronics company first, a gaming company second. So cramming in a Blu-Ray Player or MP3/Video players is their gimmick. I don't think that's any better/worse than Ninny branching out in their own way by focusing on lots of different gameplay mechanics. They kind of had to because their strength was just their 1st person stuff (which is mostly some console stuff now, really).

I think it's good that the various companies are trying to catch more of the market in all these different ways...It holds well for the future, I think...or ultimate doom...good or ultimate doom...yeah...

Hell, even DQIX looks great! Yup, that's the next installment of the DRAGON QUEST series. Gaming's biggest seller in Japan. And it's gonna be on the DS. Although it's a game on the Enix side, I think that it still shows that the company is certainly allowing their big projects on Ninny's hot lil handheld.

You bring up an excellent point, there, I'd forgotten all about that too. Dragon Quest isn't quite as big in the US, but from what I understand, it rivals FF in Japan. I think we can take that as a sign that Square Enix has plenty of faith in the DS.

DS Game Library>PSP Game Library
lol, that reminds me, who was it in here that said Nintendo and the DS were chalk full of kiddy games? Whoever it was needs to go look at the new Contra and tell me that a kid is gonna be able to play that.

Sony seems to be taking the multi-function to it's limit, which, for them makes sense because they're an electronics company first, a gaming company second. So cramming in a Blu-Ray Player or MP3/Video players is their gimmick. I don't think that's any better/worse than Ninny branching out in their own way by focusing on lots of different gameplay mechanics. They kind of had to because their strength was just their 1st person stuff (which is mostly some console stuff now, really).
I dunno....I think the multi-function is hurting them. For instance, the PS3 is being touted as a cheap Blue Ray player too. Well when the PS2 came it, it was a cheap DVD player. That was a justifiable buy, because everyone was converting over to DVD. But with Blue Ray...it's a very slow move. I know people who couldn't even give a damn if their TV is high def or not, let alone whether or not their games and movies are high def. I sure don't care.

Plus, the Blue Ray isn't doing the games any good really. You already have all the game data on the disc, but then you have to load it onto your PS3 too so the game data will run smoothly. Then of course the developers take that opportunity to throw useless previews and demos and other shit into the upload to clutter up your hard drive.

Then you have the UMD movie format which was a gigantic flop. Plus, you have all the other stuff thrown onto the PSP as well. And yeah, all that extra stuff is nice and all...but when it comes to the more serious gamers, we could care less about having internets and musicz and other gimmicks, we just wanna play the games. Not to mention it's utter fail that the PSP can't play .AVI or flash-based youtube videos :wacky:

Not to mention it's utter fail that the PSP can't play .AVI or flash-based youtube videos :wacky:

ok and your telling me the ds can play .avi or youtube vids hmm.

hate to tell you but the ds game collection is aimed towards brainless twits and little kids seriesly if you consider mario party fun.. well im not going to go there the fact is the ds and wii mainly have 1 or 2 decent games combined i own a ds and yet i find the only game worth getting for it is revenant wings wich barely qualifies as a good ds game, ya i had pokemon diamond but i gave the peice of crap to my little cuzzin , im amazed at all the nintendo fans here they wil defend crap with crap at least when i back up the psp i actually use facts. (and if i was such a sony fanboy ppl dont you think i would have bought the ps3 instead o this 700$ laptop? sorry to disapoint you i dont rate a system by its brand or graphics i rate it on its games and functions ) one last thing dont dis the psps game collection cause the psps collection incudes basicly every ds game and more its called a emulater.

hate to tell you but the ds game collection is aimed towards brainless twits and little kids.......... i own a ds

:wacky:

You are a fan boy plain and simple, have you not read any of the posts above? There really is nothing more I can add that hasn't already been mentioned. If Squenix want to produce FFVII on another platform, your whining isn't going to stop them now is it?

Back