Bastille - No Scrubs cover (feat. Ella - The xx)

The Witch

I myself am strange and unusual
Veteran
Gil
Rinoa Heartilly
Squall Leonhart
Tifa Lockhart
Jenova
Moogle
Cactuar

If you had asked me if I would ever like a cover of a TLC song, let alone "no scrubs", I would have laughed and said no. :hmph: TLC was just a band I thought nobody could touch (musically)... and then I heard this.

This is exactly how covers should be. Done well while remaining unique from the original. Kinda like how Tool covers songs. Anway, this is perfection, in my honest opinion. I went and listened to their other stuff and I actually ended up liking it, too. Never heard of them before a few days ago but I am impressed. Love the guys voice, too.

Anway, what are everyone else's thoughts on this cover? do you like the original? do you like this? do you hate both? :hmmm:

i think bastille fall into that category known as beige pop. very dull with nothing really about them to make them stand out from the rest. i'm so sick of hearing pompeii.

I had no idea they were the ones that did that, but yes--I am tired of hearing that song, as well.

this cover is still fantastic, though. :ohoho:

Heard this on a youtube playlist like two months ago and I instantly liked it. I like the violin melody and I really like the voice of Bastille's vocalist =) Not really feeling the voice overs but over all, it's a good listen.

i can't figure out if this cover belongs to the xx or bastille, though. it's not on any of their albums.

The loop from that XX song makes it seem more like a mash up.

It's alright. The musical style and lyrics just seem too forced for me though.

I don't mind Pompeii as it isn't overplayed over here. I think their cover of that rhythm of the night song is pretty good.

Also, I didn't realise that Tool did covers.

Back