AURON THE BEST?

I don't see him as cool...to be honest I thought he would turn out to be a traitor :santa: he is to silent to me. When he speaks he sound cool, but his looks dosent match up with his voice. Lulu is the "coolest" character in FFX imo..she looks good, long dark hair, mysterious but also a great voice :inlove: :cookie: :santa:

I always thought Seymour to be the coolest. Just because he's brass tax all the way. Tell me if he isn't the most intimidating character in the game lol.

You seem to be missing the point? they are pretty much the best characters in FFX.
Yunas strength comes from her summons with out them Yuna is just a very good white mage.
Hrmm... am I missing a point?

I found both of them to be on the verge of useless.

Yuna is faster than Tidus, and if you teach her a black magic she is more powerful than him.

And Auron, while strong is easily matched by Kimahri eraly on, and in the end he is really only HP. For me, the last playthough ended with Auron only being able to, really, attack. Doing 99,999 dmg.

Rikku, while weak would do about the same damage as him by the time his turn came around. Since she was so fast she could get in like 4 attacks to his every one. She was doing around 25k dmg.

It all depends on how you power up your characters, and besides Auron is weaker than most other characters because he doesn't have any multi-hit attacks.

I made more points, but that's back at my other post that I edited. xP

I loved Auron!

He brought a little age to the group, the only playable character in the game over 30.

To me he was the deepest character in the game, he seems strong and undefeatable, but hes haunted by the failures of his past.

Also his oneliners are some of the best in the game.

I loved Auron!

He brought a little age to the group, the only playable character in the game over 30.

To me he was the deepest character in the game, he seems strong and undefeatable, but hes haunted by the failures of his past.

Also his oneliners are some of the best in the game.

I agree with this, the quest would not have been the same without him. He balanced out the annoying overly happy youths (Tidus/Rikku) very well.

I agree. Auron is definitely one of the best character in FFX. I realized this because I have read a post in another forum that proves he is the best character.
In case you don't know, I will post it here. It goes like this:

Auron.

Seymour doesn't even make a good villain. He is one of the worst FF secondary enemies ever. Even Leblanc from FFX2 was cooler than Seymour.
Tidus was a wimp (personality-wise). Yes, he's massively overpowered, since Blitz Ace can do tons more damage than any other character's Overdrives (with the possible exception of Lulu's). Even the Magus Sister's Delta Attack maxes at 99999 damage, and you can do that much with a single normal attack. Tidus was this game's equivalent of Luke Skywalker (I would compare him to Star Trek: TNG's Wesley Crusher, but even Tidus isn't that bad). Auron is the Obi-Wan Kenobi of the group. And if you argue that Luke is cooler than Obi-Wan, I suggest that you go see a psychiatrist before posting in here again... Yes, Tidus becomes a total bad@$$, but character wise? He is nothing.
Yuna is a cool character, certainly, but she's no Auron. :D The same goes for most of the other characters.

Auron is the only real adult in the main group. Sure, Khimari might be an adult, but he has no drive or motivation at all (except to protect Yuna, and even that is a reactionary role). Besides, Auron actually shapes more of the game than Tidus. Sure, it's told through Tidus' eyes, but Auron is the one who manipulates almost everything into place. Without Auron, Yuna would probably have used Tidus as the fayth for the Final Aeon, and the cycle of death would have continued. Or even worse, she would have used Seymour for a fayth, and doomed Spira to total destruction. Tidus would never have come to Spira were it not for Auron. Even if he had, he would have had no idea of the truth about Sin. Tidus could be almost anyone. He doesn't actually shape the story in any important way. Yes, there is the Yuna-Tidus relationship, but it doesn't really change anything in the plot. Auron is the key player in the game's events.

Auron is one of the things that makes FFX such a great game. So many people complain about the child heroes in the FF games. But Auron is the real hero in FFX, and he is definitely not a child. Yes, Tidus was the "hero" of FFX, but only because Auron put him in that position. The game would have gotten a lot further without Tidus than it would have without Auron. Auron is the one who knows what's going on, and he has a far more mature and serious point of view than any of the other characters (Khimari and Lulu, while serious and mature, are nothing compared to Auron's [almost] always objective viewpoint).

Agreed.

Don't forget, "Goodbye."

Doesn't Auron make fun of Tidus' singing in one of the flashbacks? I swear I remember it. Auron is no doubt my favorite FF10 character.
The surprise about him near the end of the game OFFICIALY made him one of my favorite FF characters.

AURON IS IMMENSE :rage:

He's the best character in any game. ever.

He has a big sword :ryan:

And he sounds hot :rage:

If he was a real dude, I so would

I second this :8F: *noms Auron*

He's definitely my favorite from X, and one of my favorites from the series as a whole. I can understand why he had such a cool attitude in the face of danger--he really had nothing to worry about in terms of his own safety--but whatever the reason, I just loved his personality. Even when his younger, more naive self was portrayed in the Jecht spheres, I still liked him, because his responsible attitude there was quite admirable, even if Jecht thought he was something of a party pooper XD

And he was my strongest character in battle as well, due to the leveling attention I paid him--he actually became a little too strong for the final battle, though at the same time it was pretty epic thematically to see him kill the final boss in one hit :wacky:

Back