Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Standard Edition $59.99

5afda5f788a7e34d25b5012f-1.jpg

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deluxe Edition $79.99

5afda8a96b54a4271407a857-1.jpg

• JUMP INTO THE ACTION WITH THE DELUXE EDITION - Start your journey with powerful gear and perks: 2 gear sets, 1 naval pack, and 2 boosts.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition $99.99

5afda8a96b54a4271407a85b-1.jpg

• EARLY ACCESS + SEASON PASS WITH GOLD - Get the game three days early and continue your odyssey with the Season Pass.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Ultimate Edition $119.99

5afda8aa6b54a4271407a875-1.jpg

• EARLY ACCESS + ALL-IN-ONE PACKAGE - Get the game three days early, receive powerful gear, and continue your odyssey with the Season Pass.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Spartan Edition $159.99

5afda8aa6b54a4271407a88d-1.jpg

ASSASSIN’S CREED ODYSSEY SPARTAN EDITION
The Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Spartan Edition is available exclusively on the Ubisoft Store and will include the following physical and digital content:

• Early access starting on October 2.
  • Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey Gold Edition and additional digital content including: the Deluxe Edition Pack, the Season Pass, which will give players access to all upcoming major expansions, as well as the additional mission The Blind King.
  • By Ubicollectibles : The Spartan Leap statue (height 15.55 in)
  • The Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey Steelbook™.
  • A 64-page art book featuring the original designs and concept art from the Ubisoft Quebec artists.
  • An exclusive lithograph by Hugo Puzzuoli from Ubisoft Quebec.
  • A printed version of the game’s hand-drawn world map.
  • The selected game soundtrack.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey Pantheon Edition $219.99

5afda8ab6b54a4271407a8a3-1.jpg

ASSASSIN’S CREED ODYSSEY PANTHEON EDITION
The Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Pantheon Edition is available exclusively on the Ubisoft Store and will include the following physical and digital content:

• Early access starting on October 2.
  • Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey Gold Edition and additional digital content including: the Deluxe Edition Pack, the Season Pass, which will give players access to all upcoming major expansions, as well as the additional mission The Blind King.
  • By Ubicollectibles : Two statues forming The Nemesis Diorama (height 39.5cm, width 65cm).
  • The Assassin’s Creed® Odyssey Steelbook™.
  • A 64-page art book featuring the original designs and concept art from the Ubisoft Quebec artists.
  • An exclusive lithograph by Hugo Puzzuoli from Ubisoft Quebec.
  • A printed version of the game’s hand-drawn world map.
  • The selected game soundtrack.
https://store.ubi.com/us/assassins-...b7.html?edition=Pantheon Collector&lang=en_US

This looks so good. I feel like they should just drop the Assassin name at this point but w/e

Not sure if I'll end up picking it up (I didn't even finish Origins yet oooops. The story in that was so boring) but I hope it doesn't disappoint.

As my username might suggest, Greece is a big thing for me! That the next Assassin's Creed game (a franchise I actually love and never tired of, although I know myself to be amongst the minority here) is to be set during Classical Greece is a gift from the gods to me!

I’m mostly excited about this because it gives people a chance to explore an actual datable historical period of Greece instead of a timeless ‘Greek-themed’ caricature of a mythological landscape like we usually get whenever anyone attempts to depict ‘Greece’. As a rule, media depicts Roman history, but Greek mythology. Only very rarely do people attempt Greek history, and when they do they often spice it up (300, for example)...

On the other hand I’m noticing that they aren’t getting away from that pitfall entirely. I spy a LOT of colossal sculptures cut out of mountains... These never existed. If they did exist they would have been wonders of the ancient world surpassing some of the genuine colossal statues. This is annoying to me as it seems like a cheap pull to try and get people invested in ‘Greece’ as you’d expect to see things like this in God of War, or The Legends of Hercules, or anything dealing with mythological Greece. It ends up being ‘Greek themed’, but no longer Greek history.

It annoys me because there were genuinely impressive Greek landmarks and architectural achievements which are going to be completely overshadowed by these random statues now…. Their very existence should cause the animus to desynchronise!

I know there is an argument that historical accuracy doesn't matter, and that Assassin's Creed isn't very historically accurate, etc. The problem is, it does pretend to be. The player is always attempting to synchronise with history and is invited to pretend that they are really seeing what happened in a particular period. The conspiracy theory plot points are obviously not real history, but the setting pretends to be. Whenever they add elements like this then it makes it just that little bit more difficult to immerse yourself in the moment and pretend that you playing the simulation of history which the game tells you that you are playing. Gameplay mechanics like falling into a haystack from the top of a mountain (and in Odyssey the historical anomaly of letting you play as a woman without NPCs thinking it strange) also stick out, but they are easier to overlook than messing with the very landscape of Greece itself.

But I really love some of the other details they've included which shows that they have done research. The inclusion of Bronze Age Minoan ruins (and I suspect Mycenaean ruins on the mainland too) to be Odyssey's equivalent of the Old Kingdom ruins in Origins is a really neat touch. While I notice that the Minoan and Mycenean frescoes have largely been copy-pasted, it is nice to see them included anyway.

I also notice herm boundary markers too, so that's nice. I hope they include the famous desecration of the herms in Athens as that could be a rather funny mystery quest...

So on the whole, really excited about it, but nervous.

As Odysseus encountering narrow straits was forced to choose to sail closer to the sea monster Scylla rather than be swallowed outright by the sea monster Charybdis on the other side, Ubisoft have faced a similar dilemma: player expectation on one side, and historical accuracy on the other. But which monster have Ubisoft chosen to keep closer to in their Odyssey?

Assassin's Creed Odyssey has recently received its first expansion called "Legacy of the First Blade". It features the story of Darius, who is the first assassin to wield the legendary Hidden Blades. This DLC will have multiple episodes, which the first episode will be released this week title as Hunted. The other two episodes will be released next year. Here is the trailer of this downloadable content.

Back