Ascension

rowe

Eternally Begrudged
Veteran
Gil
As we know, Ascension is where the characters really develop; from teamwork, to powering up elemancy and the Armiger, and even providing perks when it comes to exploration.

So, where did you start developing? What area was your primary focus throughout the game? What area didn't matter much to you?

Do tell. :griin:

Embarrassing story here, but I didn't start using this system until after I read this thread.

I know, I know. Chapter Two, 12 hours into the game, level 15. I had 300+ AP sitting real pretty for awhile and I was oblivious. I saw the system the first day I played, quickly glanced through it and forgot all about it. All those extra AP I could've earned while doing mundane tasks and side-quests if I had AP-granting abilities while driving and making camp from the start.
Now I feel like restarting and do things properly. :eyeroll: I'm a little OCD about things like this, and one of the main reasons why it takes me months to complete a Final Fantasy game.

I haven't focused on any one specific Ascension board, though my general focus is on maintaining survive-ability in battle. I've shot for getting the abilities that have party members auto heal when their health gets low, the ones that give me higher HP when I level up, and the ones that lower MP costs/regenerate health faster; that sort of thing. Other than that, I've mostly spent the rest of my points on actual abilities, so that I have more combat options. I'd prefer that it's as skill based as possible, rather than just dumping all of my AP into raising stats.

Right off of the bat, in the beginning of the game, I wanted to go for whatever would get me AP. The easiest way at the time was to focus on the exploration area of Ascension, especially camping and driving.

Now, though, I'm just trying to complete the whole thing. One area I've kind of neglected the whole game was Elemancy; now I want those extra spells, so I'm trying to farm the AP for those expensive nodes. Haha.

I'm actually going for the AP stuff now. Though simply fighting really weak enemies and doing nothing but warp strikes seems to be a good way to grind AP out if you're into that sort of thing.

Mine was for AP-generation at the beginning. Then went on to combat because it's just too good not to upgrade. I thought Magic didn't matter to me but boy was I wrong.

Moderator's note: Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Back