Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
[13/06] FFXV Titan demo at Microsoft's E3 conference (oh dear)

maxresdefault43oud.jpg

What did we just watch?

Final Fantasy XV has just had a segment at Microsoft's E3 2016 conference with a live demo of Noctis and his comrades facing off against the colossal force of nature that is Titan and some Niflheim Empire soldiers. I say "facing off", but the person with his hands on the controller seemed just as confused as to what is happening as the rest of us are.

Revel in the comedy of errors in the following gameplay demo.

Nova Crystallis

At 3.50, am I the only one who thought for a moment that they were all throwing Poke Balls at Titan? :argor:

I'm relieved that they were ice-balls (although that doesn't sound very good either)! The last thing we want after this game's long development history is a copyright law suit over something like a Poke Ball mechanic for capturing summons.

Not very accurate of what FFXV is. We still have Sony and the ATR following, therefore I'm not worried.

Zzzz. Yeah, that was terrible. Admittedly I'm rather unfamiliar with the franchise and quite honestly never cared for XV even before the conference, but this demo did nothing to change that.

If anything it has put me off even more.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is how you unwittingly sabotage your own game when you NEED it to perform as well as it possibly can come release, especially when the cost of both making it and the CG film must be astronomical. Not to mention all the costs written off when it came to Versus XIII itself.

This marketing and PR team is so disastrously inept that they've practically made it an art form. There's potential for grandeur with any fight against a giant summon enemy and they elect to go with this choppy segment filled with inane dialogue and baffling QTEs (and Blizzara Pokéballs, because why not?) played by someone who may as well have been blindfolded.

THIS was what they showed at one of the major conferences of E3. The average gamer and enthusiast wouldn't be watching esoteric Active Time Reports. So having stage time in a major conference like Microsoft's would surely mean bringing out your A game to impress and sway more heads for increased potential sales. Instead this happens. I wonder how many people have been put off after seeing this.

One of the worst and most inept marketing departments I have ever seen. They have no clue. No clue at all.

Back