Build-A-Member
Chocobo Egg
FFXIV
Aoife Linnaete
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Free Company
None
As requested by a member, Mits and I are hoping to bring back the Art of the Month competition for you budding or current artists on here.

To do that, we do need a bit of input from you guys first, and we particularly wish to see whether there is any interest, which is the main purpose of this thread. If we can get a decent idea of the numbers and have enough people interested, then we can go ahead with this competition.

Also, would you guys be alright if we hosted this as a monthly competition (so it would be called Art of the Month) or whether that may be too long and opt for a bi-weekly event instead (so it would be uhh, Art of the Fortnight?)?

=x I'm game. I think it'd be better to keep it a monthly competition since for a lot of people (like me) a week or two just isn't enough to create art that's up to our personal standards. I mean, I work fast usually but I'm capable of spending up to a month over a piece before I post it anywhere, and I'm insanely anal like that...

Besides, dishing out art week by week like that can be honestly quite exhausting. A monthly thing would give people more time to get their work ready without pressuring themselves. No good art ever came outta stress...

I wouldn't mind doing a monthly Art piece, although, I mostly just stick to paper and pencil and just draw whatever.

Perhaps you could also do an Art of the week, as also doing AOTM. They could be just simple themes like the one Jay and I drew up for the Birthweek Art Competition.

Other than that though, I'm totally hip for AOTM.

I'm happy with that too, might enter that kind of thing, but yeah it should be kept monthly I reckon.

Well, although I can't draw I'd love to vote and see people's arts. I like to appreciate different arts and stuff. So I hope it happens.

Love the idea, and id like to say id participate, but I know what im like... i love looking at other peoples work though, so as long as their were enough people that draw and are not like me and do, but never get round to entering shit then am all for it being brought back

I suppose i may enter one or two if the fancy took me

I'm the same as Cali, don't draw but I'd love to see others' work ^__^

I'd like to participate. :D
I like to get people motivated to do new doodles.

Back