Art Competition (hosted by Desktop Triceratops!)

Dionysos

Βρεκεκεκὲξ κοὰξ κοάξ
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Veteran
Gil
Shiva Snowflake
Carlos el Cactuar
Chocobo Egg
Accessory (Arms)
Build-A-Member
Accessory (Head)
FFXIV
Polyphemos Bromios
FFXIV Server
Moogle
Free Company
KupoCon
20201014_205115 (2).jpg

No humans were available to host the art event this Halloween, so the Desktop Triceratops has stepped in.

Since we are beginning this event a bit later, the Desktop Triceratops has sent all of the prompts in one go. Feel free to tackle as many as you can (in any order you like) as you will gain more points the more you do.

Prompt 1: A day in the life of the Desktop Triceratops!
Prompt 2: The horror underneath Vivi's hat.
Prompt 3: Oglop family outing.
Prompt 4: Trick or Treat.

No complaints about the quality of the prompts allowed. I've already made the Desktop Triceratops cry by being too critical and his nerves can't take another knock.

You can enter by submitting entries in this thread, drawn on paper, photographed, scanned, digital artwork, paint, playdough, marble sculpture, whatever! So long as it is your work and it fits the prompt you will be accepted.

Do it!

Prompt 1: Day in the Life of the Desktop Triceratops!

View attachment 9836

Staring: The hilarious doodles I had to choose from
Edit: I just realized I didn't make this very Halloween-y 🤔

This is simply incredible!

You have perfectly captured Desktop Triceratops in all his beauty.

To answer the question in your doodles (which are all excellent), my chair is one of those swivel office chairs supported by a central pillar and a starfish spread of horizontal, wheely legs. Other than that the other details are pretty spot on! I actually do own a KupoCon T-shirt which has that logo on it.

Love the Myth Manual: Centaur Club bit too. :lew:

Reactions: sly
Prompt 1: A day in the life of the Desktop Triceratops!

What I've actually done: Probably offended God

Let me get this straight.... This is a one-winged-angel-centaur-siren/mermaid-triceratops wearing Timmy the turtle-themed Kassandra armour?
Blooming heck. That makes the ceglings look like feasible organic creatures! :O

Great kob!

Reactions: sly
Let me get this straight.... This is a one-winged-angel-centaur-siren/mermaid-triceratops wearing Timmy the turtle-themed Kassandra armour?

Oh no there's two wings. I just can't draw wings, haha. :LOL:

But yeah, it's Kassandra-armoured-Triceratops-Harpy-Centaur-Mermaid with a Timmy the Turtle cameo. I thought you'd like it!

Thank you! :argor:

Prompt 3: Oglop Family Outing
Because I like being out of order

The Oglops.png

I don't really like this one but it's what I've got, soooo...!

This is simply incredible!

You have perfectly captured Desktop Triceratops in all his beauty.

To answer the question in your doodles (which are all excellent), my chair is one of those swivel office chairs supported by a central pillar and a starfish spread of horizontal, wheely legs. Other than that the other details are pretty spot on! I actually do own a KupoCon T-shirt which has that logo on it.

Love the Myth Manual: Centaur Club bit too. :lew:

I'm honestly surprised it's accurate as it is then! I was looking for references and found one in the Photo Contest and saw the Kupocon logo, so I went with it. I shouldn't be surprised you have a T-shirt with that logo too :lew: I actually really loved drawing the little round dino so I may color some of the other sketches at a later time.

Prompt 1: Day in the Life of the Desktop Triceratops!

I drew him like one of my French girls.

20201105_010140 (2).jpg

Just a heads up... I'll be closing this event when the final events wrap up so if anyone else wanted to draw anything for any of the prompts then now is your chance!

This event is now closed!

Thank you Miko and Linnaete for your participation!

You are free to decide whether you would like another coloured username of your choice or if you just want kudos and happiness bestowed upon you for your marvellous efforts.

• Haha
Reactions: Six
Back