Alternate CP farming spot

EnigmaticMe

Gil
So what I did is that I went to the Northern High Plain and farmed the two monsters fighting each other for 6600 CP (13200 with a growth egg) and then I found out that you could combine this strategy with the cactuar just by the save point. If you go to the BOTTOM of the loop (where the two monsters are fighting) and climb back up you can re spawn the cactuar and behemoths.
My Setup:
Fang(Controlled) Lighting and Snow
Paradigms:
Com-Com-Com
Syn-Syn-Syn
(Lighting needs to have enfire. snow needs haste as does Fang)
So it normally takes me 7 seconds to beat the behemoths and 57 seconds to beat a cactuar prime.
TO BEAT THE CACTUAR:
I start out on Rapid Growth and put Enfire, Haste, Bravera and Faithra on everyone, by then the cactuar should be at its "Mature" stage.With a growth egg thats a good 30,000 CP.
So by alternating between these two fights for about an hour (with a growth egg) should earn you ABOUT 2 MILLION CP.

My Cp Farming spots are

(beginning of the game)
Lake Bresha (from the moment you start and before the rematch with the first boss) it was a great a area to farm and It took me awhile but it was worth it sinc ei maxed out everything and had a huge amount of cp before i fought him, its why i went through most of the game being able to max out everything until chapter 4 without worrying about farming.

Estheim Residence
the soldiers their where great for farming cp and money, not to mention you just walk in a circle and so they respawn instantly.

Gran Pulse
The main area was my last farming spot even at the end of the game I came back to farm. When I first got here I farmed and maxed everything out which took along time (I believe in maxing everything out before continuing the story so it took me awhile)

Depending on where you are in the game, I obtained all my CP whilst trying to perfect my weapons, ie obtaining trapezohedrons (sp?) by killing adamantoises. They are pretty hard to beat at first, but get your strategy down and could kill two bird with one stone. Though your suggested CP farming spot sounds great as well.

Those are actually really easy to beat once your characters are built up, most people would probably use the summon trick, I dont even do summon at all anymore, If I have snow with my usual party of fang and light I can beat it fairly quickly after knocking it down, with vanille he might get up after I knock it down once but he still dies shortly after he does. I always start with using syn abilities such as hase and buffs, healing x3 which is a full heal usually, then sab buffs on both legs, I always start with the right one and since fang is my strongest I just do regualr attacks on it and it goes down in like 3 -4 hits. Then the left leg which is stronger I do Fangs jump (havent played in awhile so forgot what her signature move is called) and it dies in one hit. then once it falls, re buff my self and de buff the monster, keep attacking and then i always end it with fangs jump.

I actually messed up, after doing all the missions, those admantotise gets replaced with long gui's and shadow long gui's (with and without horns) and I cant beat those things at all mainly the shadow long gui's. so i only have 1 02 adamatotise on my map instead 3- 5, retake the mission to fight one or go back to eden.

But your right they are great for farming cp if you have the growth egg handy too it really helps (and genji glove on all your characters makes battle really easy) they rarely drop that item too, but pulse is the best lace to get CP.

I've just got to Grand Pulse and was wondering if running around the field was best for CP farming atm? I am at the beginning of stage 8. Am I better off picking fights around the wide open plains or going into the little dungeon area with the Boxed Phalanx and the Hoplite's?

Or is there anywhere closeby where I can get even more CP for easy kills?

Thanks in Advance

I've just got to Grand Pulse and was wondering if running around the field was best for CP farming atm? I am at the beginning of stage 8. Am I better off picking fights around the wide open plains or going into the little dungeon area with the Boxed Phalanx and the Hoplite's?

Or is there anywhere closeby where I can get even more CP for easy kills?

Thanks in Advance

Go to the area of archylte steppe that leads to the dungeon cave. You should see a megistotherian and a Behemoth King blocking your way. Stagger and beat the behemoth first, as fast as you can. Backtrack a little bit and return. Repeat the process.

A video on this process:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTpjCaaIcbs&feature=related

Go to the area of archylte steppe that leads to the dungeon cave. You should see a megistotherian and a Behemoth King blocking your way. Stagger and beat the behemoth first, as fast as you can. Backtrack a little bit and return. Repeat the process.

A video on this process:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTpjCaaIcbs&feature=related

Hi Cid,

While I appreciate the advice I have nowhere NEAR the HP levels those characters do nor could I possibly do the damage they do. I have run into those two fighting before and tried to take out the King first but I was there for well over 20 minutes just chipping away at his HP doing around 7k damage each time, which as you can imagine, isn't going to do anything to help in that battle.

Sorry I probably should of made myself clearer, my characters are around the 3k HP mark, they all have their main "job" at level 3. I only ask for help here as the leveling up now needs 6-8K CP a piece and I do want to move on with the story.

Hi Cid,

While I appreciate the advice I have nowhere NEAR the HP levels those characters do nor could I possibly do the damage they do. I have run into those two fighting before and tried to take out the King first but I was there for well over 20 minutes just chipping away at his HP doing around 7k damage each time, which as you can imagine, isn't going to do anything to help in that battle.

Sorry I probably should of made myself clearer, my characters are around the 3k HP mark, they all have their main "job" at level 3. I only ask for help here as the leveling up now needs 6-8K CP a piece and I do want to move on with the story.

Sorry about that. The trick in the behemoth and megistotherian fight is to kill the behemoth before he stands up. But your levels seem to be a bit low for this process. Probably you should try grinding with regular monsters a little more, while occasionally re-attempting the behemoth trick. You won't actually need 7k HP kind of level. If I remember correctly, I was able to do the process smoothly at 4k HP or so.

Sorry because I can't help much.

Sorry about that. The trick in the behemoth and megistotherian fight is to kill the behemoth before he stands up. But your levels seem to be a bit low for this process. Probably you should try grinding with regular monsters a little more, while occasionally re-attempting the behemoth trick. You won't actually need 7k HP kind of level. If I remember correctly, I was able to do the process smoothly at 4k HP or so.

Sorry because I can't help much.

No that is fine thank you very much for your advice I will wonder around the area more and get further into the crystarium before trying to farm those bad boys for serious CP haulage.

I found a better cp spot than the behe and dog thing when you get to pulse..... In Mah'bara go down the first route you see that branches to the left... At the very end of that route is a juggernaut (which you cannot kill most likely at that stage of the game)

right before the jug is like a 5 or 6 time hoptite spawn... You can intiate a battle with the juggernaut and then quicikly press start and retry.. This will cause that 6 time hoptite spawn to respawn and you can quickly go up to them and get a premptive strike...

to kill them very fast, put hope and sazh in your party and make sure they know thundaga, as well as fang and keep her in the commando role... hope and sazh will use thundaga and can wipe out all 6 within a matter of seconds for like 3850~ cp a battle...

if you dont get a prem strike just retry but its not hard to get.. after you kill initiate another fight with the jug, press retry and repeat the process.. The CP adds up quick..

Thanks MasterVivi I was considering doing this as once you reach the boxed phalanx I was planning on making my way back to the beginning and then going through again and again until I near enough complete the crystarium and feel comfortable moving on.

I found, fighting rust puddings, in the tunnel areas around Gran Pulse ((=.= Forgive me for not remembering the name, just waking up still and such)) Helped alot with CP Farming!

Back