Aeris Revival?

StrikerSoldier23

Soldier 1st Class
Gil
I saw somewhere that it's possible to get Aeris back at the end of FFVII somehow, but i never actually put the effort into doing it. If anyone has done it or has knowledge of how to do it, post it here so i can maybe try it. Thanks!

No, it's not true. It's physically impossible to revive Aerith. And, she's dead in AC and DoC, isn't she? This is all the proof we need to know that reviving Aerith isn't possible at all.

Although, you can stick her back in your party with a cheat disk ;D

Yeah, there is no way to bring her back. If she was brought back it would change the entire storyline. There is also a rumor that you could get Tifa to get killed instead of Sephiroth. Also not true.

The only claim remotely in reference to this is the "Aerith's Ghost" glitch, wherein a brief image of a somewhat pale Aerith is displayed in the Slum Church, upon your return by means of the excavated Sector 5 Key.

You can only ever re-acquire Aerith by utilising a gameshark, in a way similar to making Beatrix a full-time resident in your party, in IX.

I think that 'ghost' was part of the hoax I'd heard about, it also involved that guy from Kalm. I can't really remember much about it, but this guy went in to great detail and said he worked for Square and everything

Obviously, alot of people believed it was true:wacky:

As a matter of fact, you can actually revive Aries. It is possible! You can also have Sephiroth as a member of your party as well. Sounds faintly ludicrous, but it’s true. All you need is an Explorer cheat-cartridge. After she dies, simply input the correct code and you can have Aries in your party again – easy as that.

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, you can actually revive Aries. It is possible! You can also have Sephiroth as a member of your party as well. Sounds faintly ludicrous, but it’s true. All you need is an Explorer cheat-cartridge. After she dies, simply input the correct code and you can have Aries in your party again – easy as that.
Hardly a revival is it? more like tricking the game to thinking you've got people on your side who should either be dead or deserve their heads mutilated.

There are ritually tons of myths and fake info on how to revive Aeris/Aerith. Its like on the biggest gaming myths ever! However non are true. You cannot bring Aerith back to life!

Ugh-- no. No. Aeris is dead. Gone. Game over. Sorry.

This whole nonsense was fueled by a comment that is made near the "this guy are sick" NPC, a programming glitch in the church post-death and the fact that the USA FFVII was cut and altered from the original to meet deadlines. The fact that she had a final limit break, ultimate weapon that was pain in the ass to get, said she'd see Cloud again, blah blah blah.

The biggest rumor was that if you waited until Aeris learned of her roots as an Ancient and returned with the key to Midgar (found in Bone Village) and did -any number of things- involving the Kalm traveler you could revive her.

Ugh-- no. No. Aeris is dead. Gone. Game over. Sorry.

This whole nonsense was fueled by a comment that is made near the "this guy are sick" NPC, a programming glitch in the church post-death and the fact that the USA FFVII was cut and altered from the original to meet deadlines. The fact that she had a final limit break, ultimate weapon that was pain in the ass to get, said she'd see Cloud again, blah blah blah.

The biggest rumor was that if you waited until Aeris learned of her roots as an Ancient and returned with the key to Midgar (found in Bone Village) and did -any number of things- involving the Kalm traveler you could revive her.

i have heard this rumor, but as has been said it is all a lie.
the only thing that actually supports the fact that Aerith was supposed to be alive longer than she was is this:

-lines in the snowy mountain after the snowboarding game things (on your way to north cave for the first time) in the second disk.
-a final limit break that is almost impossible to get on the first disk due to lack of knowledge
-a final weapon that is weaker than her other weapons, and a final weapon with materia growth
-Sephiroth not wearing gloves when he kills her but then magically having them on in the short cut scene afterwards
-coding that shows Sephiroth falling from his materia prison getting ready to stab Aerith.
-coding that shows branches (see above bullet) behind Sephiroth before Aerith gets stabbed
-an extra area in the Northern Crator with Aerith's music playing(not in the Japanese game nor PAL version; was discovered using the Jenova editing program); area was called the Great Cave/Cavern

she was supposed to live until disk 2, maybe 3. there is no way to bring Aerith back without cheating in some way, shape or form.

shes dead. end of story.

Besides I like the fact that Aries dies. Not because I didn't like her but it just adds more to the story. It gives Cloud even more of a reason for revenge, which would just be lost if you could revive her latter in the game.

Besides according to the give she would be revived in some way shape or form, her life energy would return to the planet and be reborn.

and the fact that the USA FFVII was cut and altered from the original to meet deadlines. The fact that she had a final limit break, ultimate weapon that was pain in the ass to get, said she'd see Cloud again, blah blah blah.

The US version was not altered. It was added to. The rumor arose out of all the junk data that was located in the original game that had no explainable purpose, and the originator of the rumor admitted he was pulling the collective leg of the internet.

i have heard this rumor, but as has been said it is all a lie.
the only thing that actually supports the fact that Aerith was supposed to be alive longer than she was is this:

-lines in the snowy mountain after the snowboarding game things (on your way to north cave for the first time) in the second disk.

A completely generic set of lines, all told.

-a final limit break that is almost impossible to get on the first disk due to lack of knowledge

But which you can get on the first disc. The others take much longer or insane effort to acquire.

-a final weapon that is weaker than her other weapons, and a final weapon with materia growth

How is this evidence that she was supposed to live longer?

-Sephiroth not wearing gloves when he kills her but then magically having them on in the short cut scene afterwards

The entire scene is replete with continuity errors, like Aerith's ribbon.

-coding that shows Sephiroth falling from his materia prison getting ready to stab Aerith.

This is the first I've heard of this. I know about the hidden background, but not about this coding. Got a source?

-coding that shows branches (see above bullet) behind Sephiroth before Aerith gets stabbed

Again, 'coding'? Source?

-an extra area in the Northern Crator with Aerith's music playing(not in the Japanese game nor PAL version; was discovered using the Jenova editing program); area was called the Great Cave/Cavern

Go go mighty junk data! Games often have junk and dummy data floating about. While 'incomplete' games are lousy with the stuff (see Saga Frontier), games with junk data aren't always incomplete.

Besides I like the fact that Aries dies. Not because I didn't like her but it just adds more to the story. It gives Cloud even more of a reason for revenge, which would just be lost if you could revive her latter in the game.

It's not like he needed more of a reason. His mom, his hometown, losing 5 years of his life, being used as a puppet, etc. Aerith was a reason for most of the rest of the party to want revenge against Sephy, but Cloud (Tifa too) had more than enough reason without it.

This brings back memories! ah the speculation! :D

I remember back when I first played thru ff7 and there were tons of rumors floating about :p

There was a rumor that the 2nd sub you got (if you let the first sub get destroyed) would allow you to travel underneath the city of the ancients, boar a tunnel and get the white materia after fighting diamond weapon :P

There was also another rumor that if you went back the city of the ancients on disk 3 and waited for 2 hours, a ghost would pop up that you could talk to that would give you the white materia and revive aerith lol

how the rumors made me chuckle :P

Actually, it is impossible, in the english release. Square removed the cave where you go to revive her when they released the game for us.

The US version was not altered. It was added to. The rumor arose out of all the junk data that was located in the original game that had no explainable purpose, and the originator of the rumor admitted he was pulling the collective leg of the internet.

A completely generic set of lines, all told.

But which you can get on the first disc. The others take much longer or insane effort to acquire.

How is this evidence that she was supposed to live longer?

The entire scene is replete with continuity errors, like Aerith's ribbon.

This is the first I've heard of this. I know about the hidden background, but not about this coding. Got a source?

Again, 'coding'? Source?

Go go mighty junk data! Games often have junk and dummy data floating about. While 'incomplete' games are lousy with the stuff (see Saga Frontier), games with junk data aren't always incomplete.

It's not like he needed more of a reason. His mom, his hometown, losing 5 years of his life, being used as a puppet, etc. Aerith was a reason for most of the rest of the party to want revenge against Sephy, but Cloud (Tifa too) had more than enough reason without it.

http://www.ff7citadel.com/rumors/index.shtml
that site is my source for all rumors and information about Final Fantasy 7(other than knowledge i have naturally) .
there are numerous areas of the site that will explain my post, also if you search through the "things we werent supposed to know" area of the stie (an entire area dedicated to the Aerith revival topic[4 parts]), it will show screen shots, and pictures of the things i tried to convey.

as for Aerith having a generic set of lines, the lines that she utters are of special circumstances. no other character utters her exact phrases, which i found out through many trials and a good reset button.

side note:
this site is not my only source, i will provide others on request.

This brings back memories! ah the speculation! :D

I remember back when I first played thru ff7 and there were tons of rumors floating about :p

Yep, those were the days :) Sadly none of the later FFs had such rumors and speculations... pity.

Anyway, the question is answered and plus I think there was such a discussion in the Aerith thread?

http://www.ff7citadel.com/rumors/index.shtml
that site is my source for all rumors and information about Final Fantasy 7(other than knowledge i have naturally) .

there are numerous areas of the site that will explain my post, also if you search through the "things we werent supposed to know" area of the stie (an entire area dedicated to the Aerith revival topic[4 parts]), it will show screen shots, and pictures of the things i tried to convey.

And yet, none of that is anything more than wild speculation, which you have compounded further. Aerith's theme is insufficient to connect this junk data to 'she was gonna die here', and their analysis of the FMV is absurd. We have no reason to think the cieling of the well lit pedastal area looks any different than shown in the FMV, and the rest of the FMV very clearly shows the forgotten capital as the setting. FMVs by their nature, must be decided rather early on given how time intensive they are, which is why Vincent and Yuffie aren't in any FMVs.
IF at any time there was a plan to axe Aerith elsewhere than the forgotten capital, they nixed it immediately.

as for Aerith having a generic set of lines, the lines that she utters are of special circumstances. no other character utters her exact phrases, which i found out through many trials and a good reset button.
Yet it doesn't show that she was supposed to live longer, any more than Cid, Cait, Vincent, and Yuffie having lines in Midgar means they were supposed to be playable from the start of the game.

side note:
this site is not my only source, i will provide others on request.
Do your other sources say anything particularly different?

And would you like to defend your claim that things were removed for FF7US, as opposed to being added, as they actually were?

Actually, it is impossible, in the english release. Square removed the cave where you go to revive her when they released the game for us.

No method to revive Aerith exists in the Japanese, English, PAL, or International releases of FF7.

Last edited:
And yet, none of that is anything more than wild speculation, which you have compounded further. Aerith's theme is insufficient to connect this junk data to 'she was gonna die here', and their analysis of the FMV is absurd. We have no reason to think the cieling of the well lit pedastal area looks any different than shown in the FMV, and the rest of the FMV very clearly shows the forgotten capital as the setting. FMVs by their nature, must be decided rather early on given how time intensive they are, which is why Vincent and Yuffie aren't in any FMVs.
IF at any time there was a plan to axe Aerith elsewhere than the forgotten capital, they nixed it immediately.

Yet it doesn't show that she was supposed to live longer, any more than Cid, Cait, Vincent, and Yuffie having lines in Midgar means they were supposed to be playable from the start of the game.

Do your other sources say anything particularly different?

And would you like to defend your claim that things were removed for FF7US, as opposed to being added, as they actually were?

No method to revive Aerith exists in the Japanese, English, PAL, or International releases of FF7.

lol, well we will have to agree to not see eye to eye on any part of this topic, which thanks to us, is horribly OFF topic.

i will admit that you are good at pointing out the flaws in my logic and the logic of the sites that i gain my information from (almost all of my other sources say the same things as the Citadel).

you see the flaws in the logic, but not the strong points in the logic, and even if you do, there is nothing more on this subject for us to discuss, as no matter what information i put forth, you critisize it to a major extent.

so to put a final answer to the topic Aerith being revived:
it is impossible to do without the use of a cheating device. nuff said.(<<<<so as to make my post not total spam and off topic)

Reviving Aeris would be crap. Her death is a part of the game and is jsut another motivational reason for the party to keep on fighting and work towards curb-stomping Sephiroth.

No revival at all. Nunca.

lol, well we will have to agree to not see eye to eye on any part of this topic, which thanks to us, is horribly OFF topic.

Erm, correct me if I am wrong. Isn't the point of this thread discussing Aeris' revival? It's perfectly fine to have theories-- but it's asinine to dispute facts. Aeris' cannot be revived. Not in any version.

Final Fantasy VII is over ten years old. If she could (and she c.a.n.n.o.t. be,) someone would have done it by now-- in addition to everything else.

If you want to dwell on it as a possibility because it's fun for you to believe it, then by all means. I have silly theories about Vincent. I know they are wrong but it's fun to speculate. There isn't a reason to get upset.

Back