Abstract Expressionism (Just smudging BS)

Gil
I made shapes and then I smudged them. You're caught up now,

anyway, here:

6edsw4.png

2yuniq9.png

syoykl.png

34o3dwz.png

Last edited:
ayofv7.png

Goooorgeous colours! I'm still trying to find a nice smudging brush set that I'll be content with! Gorgeous smudging and colours!

ayofv7.png

Goooorgeous colours! I'm still trying to find a nice smudging brush set that I'll be content with! Gorgeous smudging and colours!

Thanks! I've been digging hard brushes with a bit of scattering. Generally looks chaotic, but when organized into shapes, it looks nice.

Love your work, the colours are particularly fabulous. I'ma thinking that these would make some interesting backgrounds for GFX, perhaps if it's something you're interested in, you could create a texture resources pack with them!

Last edited:
Lover your work, the colours are particularly fabulous. I'ma thinking that these would make some interesting backgrounds for GFX, perhaps if it's something you're interested in, you could create a texture resources pack with them!

Thanks! I never considered opting these as resources, but I could see that as a possibility.

Wow. I'm not usually a fan of this sort of art at all, but these are really good.

With some of them it seems as if you've captured the entrance to Heaven.

Keep it up. I agree that these could make for some good backgrounds for GFX work. They could also work for comic strips and all sorts. There's a lot of potential with these.

Keep it up!

Wow. I'm not usually a fan of this sort of art at all, but these are really good.

With some of them it seems as if you've captured the entrance to Heaven.

Keep it up. I agree that these could make for some good backgrounds for GFX work. They could also work for comic strips and all sorts. There's a lot of potential with these.

Keep it up!

At one point I wasn't either, but when smudging started to gain a bit of traction I messed around with smaller scale stuff a lot. I didn't have the precision to make more accurate smudges, nor do I own a tablet, but I did like what could be done with smudging in general. And I've always preferred more large scale work, so I got a bit messier with it and this style developed.

I've never really considered using them as backgrounds for anything, but I suppose that's something new. And comic strips? Man, I wouldn't even know how to market that. But I'll definitely look into it! Sure beats posting these images randomly across the internet.

Thanks!

oh my god this is my favorite one! looking forward for more!

Thanks! I'm definitely not done with this style.

Back