About Cloud

Morrigan

Veteran
Gil
Do you think that he lost his fanboys after all the spin-offs?
Now we have more Vincent fans and for sure Zack fans as well.Do you think Cloud is losing his fans?And for what other reasons?

Φox;639222 said:

If so I haven't really noticed. I think that fans would have just got annoyed with the spin offs but not lost their love for Cloud in doing so.

Φox;639222 said:
Now we have more Vincent fans and for sure Zack fans as well.Do you think Cloud is losing his fans?And for what other reasons?

I think that because of the spin offs it promoted other characters more and then they in turn gained more fans, but I don't think it would have hurt Cloud too much, in that he would have lost a few fans.

I think that during Advent Children people may have dubbed him a bit emo or whatever they want to call him, but that's about it.

You still see people signing up all the time under the name Cloud, and such and little things like that.

I don't think he lost any fans...i mean some of his fans might have grown up a bit and start to dislike him, that's very typical, people gain new tastes and start liking other things leaving their fanboysm behind.

I don't think that making games with Zack and Vincent changed the "love" some people have for Cloud, if anything i doubt that a typical Cloud fanboy would even like Zack's way of being, because he's the opposite of Cloud, he's funny and cool and loud, Cloud is silent and troubled, so i think that there are few people who became fanboys of both.

As for Vincent i can totally understand people changing they're fanboysm from Cloud to him, i mean they're not that different in my opinion, and let's face the facts a character with a troubled past and a dark attitude usually gets much more attention from fans then a regular guy with a normal life, especially when you talk about ages between like 13 to 18, those are the ages were usually you will find the average fanboy of Cloud or Vincent, and by fanboy i don't a person who simply likes them, i mean a person who will come to a topic for example and always defend them, never seeing the bad of the character as well...

So that's my view about it.

Φox;639222 said:
I don't think it is Cloud in particular who is losing fans I think it's the compilation as a whole, people get bored of seeing the same characters over and over again throughout every spin-off even if they aren't the main character. To me, while Crisis Core wasn't brilliant, Zack was a refreshing character which is why I prefer him over Cloud. He wasn't the sort who moped about and had quite an upbeat personality in comparison to Cloud, then Vincent has the whole mysteriousness about him which made him stand out :ryan:

Well I don't know because I was never a huge Cloud Fanboy ever in my life, nor did I ever even really care about Vincent or Zack. But I agree, I did notice after AC release and Crisis Core, there have been more Vincent or Zack fans. Vincent even got his own game :confused:

Back