[25/08] Final Fantasy XIII-2 gets new cinematic PAX trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope saving the day is not something we see everyday. That monster was probably weakened though from the looks of it. He probably will not be so whiny since he "toughened up" He looks pretty much the same but his outfit is just a little different. Probably going to get some official art of XIII-2 Hope sometime soon since he was in the trailer. :hmmm:

You know what? I bet Lightning killed Snow. I mean... they both disappear, but we only see her alive? Hmm....

That's not even a remote possibility...

You know what? I bet Lightning killed Snow. I mean... they both disappear, but we only see her alive? Hmm....
"epic fail"...
rotfl...

I am sure we'll see all of the characters from the first FFXIII by the end of the game although it seems Serah and Noel are the main characters in FFXIII-2.

:yawn:

If lightning doesn't, I will. Its more likely they are having a secret affair..But seriously no doubt she will be back and coming into a scene gallantly to save the day and join your party. Hopefully snow doesn't .

Uhhhhh did you see the end of Final Fantasy XIII? Why would Lightning turn on Snow when she accepted that Snow and Serah can be together? All Lightning wants to do is save Vanille and Fang.

You guys should read episode i. It's an epilogue occurring right after the ending. Just google for the translation. It will clear up some assumptions some of you made about what happened to Lightning.

According to episode i,
SPOILER

Lightning wandered by herself to find a way to save Fang and Lightning. She didn't want to involve anyone. But she got lost in some mysterious place, presumably the invisible world. Snow and Serah are meanwhile together at the end of the episode, so I am confused as to why is Snow missing. I doubt it's the same reason as Lightning's though.

Sazh became a pilot too. So it's likely that he will become the airship guy for XIII-2,but don't get your hopes too high. Hope set off to find his father. Serah told Snow she wants to become a teacher.

As for the changing lines in the E3 and pax trailers, I think it's just temporary due to lip syncing problems. Lebreau actually said "Raitoningu wa mo shindata" (or something like that) in both E3 and pax trailers. It roughly means Lightning is dead. They probably changed the english translation to "Lightning can't protect you anymore" because Lebreau's back is shown in the pax trailer (it wasn't shown in the E3 trailer). "Lightning is dead" is probably too short for the scene as it has shorter syllable count that takes shorter time to say. Lebreau's head was moving she talks too (although we can't see her lips). Meanwhile "Lightning can't protect you anymore" and "Raitoningu wa mo shindata" have similar syllable count that takes about the same time to say.

Just my theory though. Don't have to believe it. They will most likely fix the translations to fit the story better in the final version of the game.

You mean Fang and Vanille....

shrugs.I haven't completed FFXIII but it's obvious how it ends.Plus we have a trailer for it.
Not a surprise about the wording.Japanese is hard to translate.I use to try to translate German.Not quite as bad but hard at time nonetheless.

My question is why does Lightning decide to serve Etro ?
I assume because she believe Etro can help her in her quest.
The problem I see is are these so called Gods coming back and that includes the maker.

If you're a human on pulse do you want the maker and the the other gods to return ?

I wouldn't. Look at the mess they left.Letting barty run wild like he did. All the unnecessary killing that took place. The wars.

Maybe the game is going to be more complex than its detractors realize.:highfive:

Yes, yes, spoil more, more. God forbid to play the game eventually.

It's what is expected in a forum based around the new ffxiii game. Mostly we are making inferences and guessing based on little information. I'm sure the game will be unique anyhow.

Well according to Gamestop this game will be out the 1st of january, (I don't think it would be that day considering most titles slapped with a early 20(insert year) date never come out on the day that gamestop predicts. BUT if it is true than all of our questions will be answered when we get the game in 126 days. I'd think they would rush release to make the Holiday season for higher sales, but I guess they wanna make sure everything will be completely ready.

It looks alright, but did anybody notice that Noel had a angelwing design on his back ??
I'm convinced that he's the child of Squall and Rinoa, lol.
:gasp2:

The thing that is stopping me from buying this game is the battle system looked the same as it did in the original game, and most of the time only Noel and Serah are going to be in battle. It's so disappointing. I think I'll watch the AMV's on youtube, because there isn't much gameplay in the game anyways, so you might as well treat it as a movie. :thehell:

It looks alright, but did anybody notice that Noel had a angelwing design on his back ??
I'm convinced that he's the child of Squall and Rinoa, lol.
:gasp2:
:thehell:

2JF8v3X3vZadf91rv3N6+4sO2z8E3fdrfvmyNe19oP4vckxiggZudJYAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
attachment.aspx

You have good eyes my friend :griin:
Those angelwings are special :hmmm:
Or just meaningless :wacky:

ffxiii2_moogle_005_thumb.jpg

Throw A Moogle, Find Hidden Final Fantasy XIII-2 Treasure

By Spencer . August 28, 2011 . 11:46pm
On her quest to find Lightning, Serah is accompanied by a Noel and a moogle named Mog who was originally mistaken for a plush toy.

Mog can transform into a bow and sword, weapons Serah uses to fight monsters. The sword is Serah’s close range weapon and can launch enemies in the air. As a bow, Mog and Serah can hit enemies from far away.

Mog also helps Serah find secret treasure. The pom-pom on his head is actually a crystal and it glows when hidden loot is nearby. Press R1 or RB when Mog lights up and he will search for items.

It may sound cruel, but you can throw Mog too. That’s the only way to get some out of reach treasure boxes. You can do this by pressing L1 or LB to grab Mog, then move the analog stick to aim. Press R1 or RB to lob Mog who shouts Kupooo and returns with goodies.

Players will revisit Yaschas Massif in Final Fantasy XIII-2. The rugged Gran Pulse land has scientists exploring the Paddra Ruins. During the game, an eclipse occurs and floodlights are put up so work can continue. This area also has some kind of giant head in the lower left hand area, which was excavated by the research team.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is slated for release in Japan this December and January 2012 in North America.

Read more stories about Final Fantasy XIII-2 & PlayStation 3 & Screenshots & Xbox 360 on Siliconera.

Source - http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/28/throw-a-moogle-find-hidden-final-fantasy-xiii-2-treasure/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back