[19/09] TGS '15: Latest FFXV ATR: Luna, King Regis, Gentiana, CHOCOBOS, FISHING!...and more

So is Luna (which i doubt they kept the stella design from back then. You give SE way too much credit. The focus is on Lunafreya (and how "strong she is, and yes i'm being as sarcastic as possible) just to explain: .Fleur clarified that it was you she was referring to when she made that comment. I'm not trying to over analyze a character on subtle facial expressions and brushing off a gun. I analyze the evidence, provided, what we are "actually" seeing in trailer. Things such as a confrontation. Whats being said and how, all tied together. I'm not trying to analyze and face and say "she knows whats to come" just because someone's eyes are closed. and its not only that, i value a hundred times more the information flow, and the contradictions all while looking into the patterns in seeing what we can look into. You're adding far more than what appears to be. Gentiana has her eyes closed and is handing the staff over to Lunafreya. Its not like we're seeing a live seen where we can see her facial expressions change where eyes shift to or if her head is bowing. all we see is that her eyes are closed, which is common when it comes to royalty or people who are divine. When a server pours drink to the king or queen, does he look directly to in their eyes? No. i shouldn't have to explain the obvious. There is very little to "speculate" on a single artwork. Especially when we haven't sen this character anywhere before. Every character we've seen so far is "Integral" though. When i said "support", i didn't exactly mean it in a way where she's just a bystander or just some character that follows Lunafrey around, but her role doesn't appear to supersede that of Luna's current role especially if she acting under her. There are other characters who have also appeared in the trailer who have yet to be shown. For example, hooded man who looks like assassin's creed. But, in due time. Again, the status of limited female cast tends to put them at an incredibly high value, one forgets that gender-aside, could be just another support role (don't underestimate the term "support")Like i said before, i analyze the information flow. What's being said, whats being contradicted, and more. So if you claim that Tabata said "i'm going to talk about Dragoon Girl" in the next ATR....he hasn't confirmed yet that they are two completely different characters. I think SE isn't revealing much on Gentiana because it would seem like minor information. huge spoiler or not, theres plenty of room to tell us who she is. You're building her up as if she was mysterious, as if we would've known by now who she is. but there is still a large handful of characters we have yet to see, and knowing Tabata's reveal style, he reveals a large ammount of characters near the end and doesn't talk much about them.

Mmkay, so what I get out of your post is that friendly speculation is bad. You are telling me I look into things too much when you look into Stella Vs Luna too much and you look into the game feeling like half of what it was supposed to be a bit too much. Based on what she told you, that means she believes you are analyzing this a bit too much as well. Either way, I do not agree. My response to that claim is pretty much "k" you can think whatever you believe was told as "correct" but I don't. How was I analyzing Luna and not giving evidence? I said her face is gazing into what is to come because that was mentioned by the devs. This is a double-edged sword for you is it not? It is an advantage, according to you, that you get to argue with me but there are also disadvantages to your reasoning when you are pointed out wrong. Razberry, you saying I am looking into things a little too much, but then complain when others don't reply to you in that one other thread you made is problematic. We are engaging in friendly discussion here and you are being a little aggressive with me here, and you are taking words as true when you do not know that. It almost feels like I committed a crime when I reply to you because nothing is good enough for you, but rather it is always bad. Anyway, that is my take on your post. I am sorry if I am into the piece of artwork and wanted to speculate some things about it. You can say Gentiana is mysterious as any other character but there is lots of emphasis on her being mysterious. Sure, we do not know the Holy person’s name or the other dude I mentioned, but maybe those are best kept for the next ATR. Just because I suggest Gentiana is deceiving, it does not make it true. It is my own speculation and you are free to disagree with it without making my post look like utter foolishness. You enjoy debates and are passionate about it, but really, do you have to get on my arse for every little thing I mention as friendly speculation?

Mmkay, so what I get out of your post is that friendly speculation is bad.
Its more than just specualtion, you go out of way to think the complete opposite out of very few scenes. You are making Gentiana as the centerpiece as evidence, when she isn't. Lunafreya is. Yes, i understand that she is interesting toy ou, and you want to know more about her (i'm mildly curious about her as well).

You are telling me I look into things too much when you look into Stella Vs Luna too much and you look into the game feeling like half of what it was supposed to be a bit too much.
The major difference between me and you, i dont use propaganda against Stella to win favor of Luna.

Based on what she told you, that means she believes you are analyzing this a bit too much as well.
We're talking about "psycho" analysis. i wont deny i analyze more than the average fan....but not when it comes to personality of a character based on a piece of art. That is something that the characters speak for themselves. And Stella definitely did speak for herself in previous trailers.

Either way, I do not agree. My response to that claim is pretty much "k" you can think whatever you believe was told as "correct" but I don't. How was I analyzing Luna and not giving evidence? I said her face is gazing into what is to come because that was mentioned by the devs. This is a double-edged sword for you is it not? It is an advantage, according to you, that you get to argue with me but there are also disadvantages to your reasoning when you are pointed out wrong.

getting a responce is one thing, but knowing the defense is another. If someone just continues to spout the exact same thing and doesn't mold the conversation based on what is being said, thats different.

BUT at the same time, there is standstills, one side refuses to see the other. the only way to counter it is to explain WHY the other wont accept the other. For me, i can't accept yours over mine, because compared to yours and mine, i'm just doing a mild observation while you are letting imagination go wild. I'm not trying to crack her personality or what she's thinking, i'm simply trying to get her social status based on where she is focused on. I'm not trying to "figure her out".

can you understand the difference? The only way to counter it is if you provide evidence that my interpretation (which is nothing more than observation) means.
Razberry, you saying I am looking into things a little too much, but then complain when others don't reply to you in that one other thread you made is problematic.
Don't oversimplify it....let me put a real example. For someone who saw the value in Stella, saw what role she was playing and how she "Fit" into the molding of the character Noctis. I was excited to see Stella....

So for someone who over-analyzed such a tiny scene with her brushing off a gun and try to compare it to a live theatrical battle scene against Noctis himself? Its not that you over-analyze in general, you over-analyzed the small things in your favor while underwhelming the past scenes that were actually quite exciting.
We are engaging in friendly discussion here and you are being a little aggressive with me here, and you are taking words as true when you do not know that. It almost feels like I committed a crime when I reply to you because nothing is good enough for you, but rather it is always bad. Anyway, that is my take on your post. I am sorry if I am into the piece of artwork and wanted to speculate some things about it.
I tihnk its more than that, but its how you also give SE far more credit by believing these pieces of artwork mean so much more than hinting what information to come. (Which has been the common pattern with SE since the NES era).

You can say Gentiana is mysterious as any other character but there is lots of emphasis on her being mysterious.
These are the things that require "evidence". There's a big difference between anticipating a character, and a character actually being mysterious. There is little room to say....whether she is very relevant, very important.

If you suspect she is, that's up to you. who am i to say she's not over one piece of artwork? But we just got her name, and she hasn't exactly played any significant role (that we know) in any particular scene. She's an unknown-unknown. Not a known-unknown. Did Tabata say "Gentiana is the key element in this story, you will be surprised what role she has". or anything like that? even if he did, that would be building anticipation, not mystery. We haven't even seen her speak or interact with any other character. only Luna (and in piece of art).

Sure, we do not know the Holy person’s name or the other dude I mentioned, but maybe those are best kept for the next ATR. Just because I suggest Gentiana is deceiving, it does not make it true. It is my own speculation and you are free to disagree with it without making my post look like utter foolishness. You enjoy debates and are passionate about it, but really, do you have to get on my arse for every little thing I mention as friendly speculation?
Maybe we're on two different levels. like i said, i analyze information flow.....

Which means i'm analyzing whats being revealed, when its being revealed, and why. When it comes to typical reveals, the common pattern is "one character at a time". With characters like Noctis and the gang which encompasses mostly gameplay, Cidney/Cindy that also covers gameplay, now we are delving into the story-aspects. Now characters that we might not se or talk to often but are main characters anyways will get revealed.

To me, following the information flow, Gentiana just happens to be the first on the list to reveal outside gameplay and introduction.

Back