[14/06] Kitase interested in PSP remastering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setzer Gabbiani

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
Final Fantasy super-producer Yoshinori Kitase commented briefly this week in this week’s Dengeki PlayStation that he is in fact interested in PSP remasterings of their products. We can only speculate that Final Fantasy Type-0 may be remastered for it’s upcoming summer release, but there is a library of Final Fantasy games on the PSP that may also be considered such as Dissidia and Duodecim as well as Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. Remastered PSP games are buffed up to look nice on a HD screen, and popular Japanese franchises such as Metal Gear Solid and Monster Hunter are leading the way into the new series.

Two titles specifically mentioned in the article by Motomu Toriyama include Dissidia and Crisis Core, however in regards to the official status, the director only stated they were still a “blank slate”, which likely means final decisions have not been made yet.

It is very important that you chime in! What Final Fantasy PSP titles would you like to see remastered for PS3? Let us know your opinions!

http://www.finalfantasy.net/vii/kitase-interested-psp-remastering/

I would love me some Crisis Core and Dissidia 012 (which should from now on be the de facto version of the game). Also the Final Fantasy 1 and 2 PSP versions would look great blown up on my TV.

Actually, now that I think about it, the Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection looks just gorgeous on PSP, I bet it'd look even better in HD.

Hell yes. If they can remaster Final Fantasy Type-0 and make it playable on the HD screen I will go nuts. Playing it on Ps3 sounds so much better, as I do get annoyed by PSP sometimes.

Tbh, I'm more interested in the fact that this will mean that I can play Dissidia online. (without having to use a bloody wired connection) I guess the pretty graphics will be a massive plus, mind.

And seeing as how Type-0 will have an multiplayer feature too, I wouldn't argue with a Ps3 version of that.

“No actual plans” to remaster Dissidia: Final Fantasy for PS3

When asked by Siliconera at E3 if it would remaster Dissidia for PS3 as part of the PSP Remaster series, Final Fantasy producer Yoshinori Kitase said: “We have no actual plans. he concept of remastering PSP titles for PS3 is a new idea and initiative from Sony. We have not had enough time to think through and plan our actions.”
No Dissidia PS3 for you, then. At least, not yet anyway.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/06/14/qui...s-to-remaster-dissidia-final-fantasy-for-ps3/

I'd love to see Crisis Core on PS3. This game begs for it, as does Dissidia 012. Online play? Yes please.

I still won't play Dissidia - for the mangled fanfiction-like mess that it is - but I would play the hell out of Crisis Core on the PS3! I even got the connectors to hook my PSP up to the TV - but man was that a waste of time. Having it remastered for my HD TV would be amazing. I just couldn't get through the game because it was on the PSP - but having the experience transitioned to a bigger screen with much a much more comfortable controller would be marvelous.

Wait...remastered for the PS3? Or the new PSP system?

EDIT:
Nevermind about the above.

What kind of remaster? Would it be a graphical update, or a graphic change for another system? :hmm:

I think they should concentrate on remastering the older FF titles, and a few PSP titles first, not games that don't even need it.

Wait...remastered for the PS3? Or the new PSP system?

EDIT:
Nevermind about the above.

What kind of remaster? Would it be a graphical update, or a graphic change for another system? :hmm:

I think they should concentrate on remastering the older FF titles, and a few PSP titles first, not games that don't even need it.
It would be along the lines of the Monster Hunter and Metal Gear Solid remasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back