[05/08] Final Fantasy XV Dawn Trailer.

Agreed.

There is a huge difference between being forthcoming and disclosing genuine information about your game, and what they did at the ATR today. Curtly replying to nearly every question that they can't say much about the topic yet and that we should look forward to more later down the line is what being evasive means. To pick a question out about the black-haired girl and then saying literally nothing about her is the definition of pointlessness. Tersely telling us that the main villain will trump previous FF villains means little to nothing when 1) it's not objective. It's just an unsubstantiated claim made by someone who would of course be inclined to say that the villain for his game will be better than previous game villains; and 2) he surpasses other villains in what way? Raw power? How he presents himself? Deeper, more complex motives?

I didn't actually expect an information blowout, precisely because this is the start to the long campaign. But I - and nearly everyone - expected something more substantial. Something more meaty. Something that was worth skipping E3 for. Something that can bring an answer or two to something and dispel a couple of questions. Instead, we're left with barely anything and a couple of extra questions to scratch our heads over. MOST people aren't being "negative" because OHMYGODTHISGAMESUCKSFUCKTABATABRINGBACKNOMURA. Most people are being "negative", because this was handled tragically, like watching a slow motion car pile up occur in real time. If they had barely anything to show, perhaps they should have roped in their plans a tad and not bother going ahead? Better to stay your mouth and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt, to slightly paraphrase a famous quote.

Meh the dog was the highlight of the trailer for me maybe he 'll turn out to be playable or in what would be an original but unlikely twist of events he may end up being the games final boss slipping under the radar of all in the XV world. I'll probably end up buying this anyway but I haven't been this unexcited for a new FF in a while maybe it's LR and XIII-2 that's made me too cynical these days.

Tabata saying the game has the best villain and it actually turning out that way are different things entirely.
I'm sure they thought even Shuyin surpassed Sephiroth and Kefka when they brought out X-2.
Also DLC airships? As the article in which I read his transcribed interview said go home Tabata your drunk.

So Noctis wore the same clothes as a kid that he now wears as an adult?

It is a common fictional device to have clothing be integral to the design of a character (rather than to consider them as living people who occasionally bathe and change clothes). Apparently the audience all have face-blindness and can't recognise a character unless they wear the same clothes at all times. But this scene with Noctis takes that to the extreme. Not only is Noctis (and almost all video game characters, movie characters, etc) apparently stitched into his clothing, but his clothing seems to have grown with him.

Unless it's not that, and instead we find his washing line to be a row of black hoodies. Even Scooby Doo's Shaggy had the decency at times to change his t-shirt from green to red.

No, not Noctis. And yes, Noctis = night and therefore = dark. But always the same sort of dark, and those particular clothes? It signals bad things when they need to dress up a kid version of the main character in the same clothes in case the audience do not recognise him. In FFX they had more respect for the player as they gave us a young Tidus with darker hair and completely different clothing, and yet nobody was confused about his identity.

I suppose this for FFXV is just a trailer, and therefore they needed to make it more apparent. I don't know, I'm perhaps being silly.

I guess I'm only commenting on this because there isn't much else in the trailer to fix my wandering mind to. It would probably be better in context, as people here have stated.

I find it interesting that wee Noctis is basically a literal miniature version of himself with the clear Asian aesthetic, while his father has undergone a dramatic design change. His old mafia boss-like look exuded some Asian aesthetic, but now he just looks like a greyer, wearier Ned Stark - i.e. a distinct Caucasian look now. All of a sudden, they don't exactly look like biological father and son. :lew:

I find it interesting that wee Noctis is basically a literal miniature version of himself with the clear Asian aesthetic, while his father has undergone a dramatic design change. His old mafia boss-like look exuded some Asian aesthetic, but now he just looks like a greyer, wearier Ned Stark - i.e. a distinct Caucasian look now. All of a sudden, they don't exactly look like biological father and son.

Ha ha. You're quite right there.

Have we seen Noctis' mother at all? Perhaps she is more Asian in appearance. If not, will we be left theorising that his real daddy is someone else? This would be an unnecessary distraction.

This kid Noctis is rather silly. He could at least have a different hairstyle, but apparently we'd not recognise him if he didn't look exactly like Noctis. His face hasn't changed much either, but that's because they've gone for the baby-faced popstar look for Noctis' design.

He was probably born in those clothes and with the same hairstyle.

Back