Zack vs. Cloud: Who's Stronger?

Actually, he was fighting an uphill battle against Loz, Kadaj, and Yazoo in the City of the Ancients. If Vincent hadn't intervened, I think Cloud would've been done for. Of course, he did have Goestigma at the time, so I suppose that fight isn't a very good example of his capabilities as a fighter. However, I'm not denying Cloud's strength. He most certainly did accomplish a multitude of impressive feats during his time as main character. Even so, he's never done anything to really suggest that he's that much stronger than Zack, if at all.

Crisis AVALANCHE had been fighting Bahamut for approximately two hours by the time Cloud showed up. The Summon was already worn down. Yes, Cloud was able to keep up with Bahamut on his own much better than the rest of his teammates were, but the fact remains, Bahamut was still worn down by the time he showed up. Even with that in mind, Cloud needed his friends to give him a little boost so that he could actually attack Bahamut. Had his friends not been there, Cloud would've found himself unable to attack Bahamut at all. What he did was certainly impressive, but he most certainly did not do it on his own.

Zack, however, did beat a form of Bahamut on his own...*cough*

Ahem...
Zack beat Genesis in his prime, beat Angeal, became a hero in the Wutai War, singlehandedly defeated a form of Bahamut along with several other powerful Summon Spirits (as in with no help from any teammates), the list goes on. However, his most impressive feat to date would be when he, as you put it, "killed Shinra soldiers." You see, you fail to acknowledge that Zack was up against about a hundred ShinRa soldiers (armed with machine guns and some with melee weapons) and three SOLDIERs (their helmets were visible after the battle) who had air support. That means he was going up against over a hundred trained combatants, all the while dealing with the helicopters that were constantly dropping bombs on him from above. In all fairness to Zack, Cloud has never done anything like that.

Well i doubt Bahamut was worn out at all.

And if you're basing yourself on a game...then Cloud alone or with help defeated a lot of monsters as well, including Jenova.

And yes you're right Cloud might have lost to all three of them (Yazoo, Kadaj and Loz) if Vincent had not appeared, yet he manages to fight them alone, and they are certainly not weaklings as Yazoo or Loz (don't remember which one) defeated Tifa and both of them defeated Reno and Rude.

Well i doubt Bahamut was worn out at all.
He'd been fighting for two hours. That's going to take its toll on him regardless of how much physical damage he'd sustained, if only due to the sheer length of the fight. His stamina was bound to be wearing at least a little bit thin by then, if nothing else, and I'm sure that Crisis AVALANCE dealt a fair amount of damage by the time Cloud showed up. Yes, Cloud probably did most of the work, but had he been on his own, he would've lost that fight.

And if you're basing yourself on a game...then Cloud alone or with help defeated a lot of monsters as well, including Jenova.
That's just ridiculous. By that logic, nothing Zack or Cloud has ever done should count. I'm not basing my argument around Gameplay. Storyline-wise, Zack performed all of those feats on his own. According to FFVII canon, Zack didn't have help against those ShinRa Soldiers. He brought them down all by his lonesome. There is no Party System in Crisis Core, nor does Zack visibly have help judging from the cutscenes and FMV's, so all that Zack accomplishes in Crisis Core, he accomplishes by himself. However, as far as the FFVII Storyline is concerned, Cloud had help during all of those fights, as evidenced by the fact that other characters appear alongside him during the cutscenes. Even if you do a Solo Cloud challenge, at least two other characters will always be on-screen with Cloud during cutscenes. To deny that, canonically, Cloud had help during FFVII is nothing more than blatant fanboyism.

*Spoilers*

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U24uLU3TzsU

There. Canonically, that happens during Crisis Core. Do you see anyone or anything helping Zack out? He defeats Genesis on his own. In the cutscenes before and after the fight (and during gameplay) there are no other party members to help him out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_tFxgxr2YQ

Take note of the fact that, regardless of what you do, Cloud always has a party member to either side of him during this fight. Storyline-wise, Cloud has help during this and every other battle in FFVII with few exceptions (such as his one-on-one match against Rufus).

*/Spoilers*

Also, as far as 'killing soldiers' goes I'd like to note this particular video:

It's the last battle and ending, by the way. So... Spoilerz, rly.

Bahamut does not show any sign of being worn out by their attacks, if you could actually say that he seems tired or beaten before Cloud appears that would be one thing, but he does not.

I haven't played that game with Zack, but all you show me is him fighting some guy called Genesis, who must be weaker then Sephiroth if Zack can beat him, also it seems both this Genesis and the other person (i don't know if it's Zack or not) together can't beat Sephiroth either. And regardless of what you say Cloud was able to kill Sephiroth, it does not matter if Sephiroth was toying with him, because he was killed, and Sephiroth did not allow Cloud to beat him. He does not show any effort also while fighting the Genesis fellow and that other guy.

And in Last Order we see Sephiroth surprised at Clouds streght, even after having been pierced by Sephiroths sword Cloud sents Sephiroth against a wall, Sephiroth ends up going away and we are left not knowing what would happen if he had stayed, but you can not contest that we see Cloud showing much more resiliance then Zack.

In an fairness to Zack, we never see him putting up half the fight we see Cloud put up against Sephiroth, who as you put it is the strongest being in FFVII universe.

I never said anything about Cloud fighting everyone alone, so that fanboysm stuff does not aplly to me as i don't even like Cloud.

Also we see Zack fighting an army of Shinra soldiers, killing them in one hit, which Cloud can also easily do, also i'm pretty sure any Soldier 1st Class could last a while against normal Shinra troops.

I was just wondering, If you don't know anything about Zack's accomplishments and even worse what he even looks like, how can you judge who's better??

I was just wondering, If you don't know anything about Zack's accomplishments and even worse what he even looks like, how can you judge who's better??

Cause ever since i saw this topic i have seen all of Crisis Cores videos, and all of Zacks battle sequences and videos, so although i have not played the game i probably know enough to say that there is nothing in that video that proves Zack is better then Cloud, all it shows is that Zack was a good fighter, but i'm guessing all 1st Class Soldiers are.

Bahamut does not show any sign of being worn out by their attacks, if you could actually say that he seems tired or beaten before Cloud appears that would be one thing, but he does not.
That doesn't change the fact that Bahamut had been fighting for two hours. I'm not saying that he was exhausted by the time Cloud showed up, but he had to have been at least a bit fatigued. Besides, you fail to realize that none of Cloud's basic attacks have any more of an effect on Bahamut than the rest of Crisis AVALANCHE's. Only Braver actually caused any decent damage to him. As far as his regular sword techniques were concerned, Bahamut shrugged them off like they were minor annoyances. Other than Braver, the only attack that caused damage to Bahamut was Climhazzard, which Cloud was only able to use so quickly because Aerith helped him out.

I haven't played that game with Zack, but all you show me is him fighting some guy called Genesis, who must be weaker then Sephiroth if Zack can beat him, also it seems both this Genesis and the other person (i don't know if it's Zack or not) together can't beat Sephiroth either. And regardless of what you say Cloud was able to kill Sephiroth, it does not matter if Sephiroth was toying with him, because he was killed, and Sephiroth did not allow Cloud to beat him. He does not show any effort also while fighting the Genesis fellow and that other guy.
First of all, Genesis is pretty damn close to Sephiroth's level. In fact, it's speculated by many that Genesis is Sephiroth's equal. Pay attention during the Sephiroth vs. Genesis video. About thirty seconds into the fight, Genesis decides to go up against Sephiroth one-on-one, and he fares incredibly well. In fact, the only reason he's unable to keep up is because Angeal keeps interrupting him during his strongest attacks. He managed to get Sephiroth on the ropes at least once during that battle, which is no small feat. Honestly, don't be so quick to write Genesis off as a weakling. He's definitely one of the strongest fighters in the FFVII Universe.

Furthermore, it wouldn't matter even if Genesis were weaker than Sephiroth, because so are Cloud and Zack. I don't see what's so difficult to grasp about that. If Cloud or Zack went up against Sephiroth in a fair, one-on-one fight, they would be completely dominated in a matter of seconds. I can guarentee it. Neither one of them would put up any sort of fight against Sephiroth if he were going all-out. You can't use Sephiroth to help determine Cloud or Zack's strength because they're both so far below him that it doesn't really matter.

And in Last Order we see Sephiroth surprised at Clouds streght, even after having been pierced by Sephiroths sword Cloud sents Sephiroth against a wall, Sephiroth ends up going away and we are left not knowing what would happen if he had stayed, but you can not contest that we see Cloud showing much more resiliance then Zack.
Yes, Sephiroth was surprised by Cloud's strength because he was nothing more than a mere ShinRa MP at the time. The fact that he was surprised most certainly didn't mean that Cloud was anywhere near his level, it just meant that he had a sort of strength that a ShinRa MP shouldn't have had. Let me put it to you this way: If a toddler came up to me and cheapshotted me in the stomach while I wasn't looking, I don't think I'd be all that worried about getting hurt. However, if a toddler cheapshotted me in the stomach while I wasn't looking and knocked the wind out of me, I'd be pretty surprised. Does that mean that the toddler could beat me in a fair fight? No, but it does mean that he's the strongest toddler I've ever seen. That's all that Sephiroth was saying; Cloud was far more powerful than a regular ShinRa MP should've been.

Oh, and as far as Crisis Core is concerned, Sephiroth didn't jump into the Lifestream. Like in FFVII, he was thrown in by Cloud. It was re-retconned. Besides, even if Sephiroth didn't fall into the Lifestream, it wouldn't have mattered. I don't see what's so difficult to understand about "He had just been stabbed through the back with the Buster Sword." Honestly, Cloud came up from behind and impaled him with a sword that was larger than he was while Sephiroth wasn't paying attention. By the time Sephiroth even realized that Cloud existed, he'd been impaled and was probably in the process of dying of bloodloss. Even with that in mind, though, had Sephiroth taken Cloud on in a fair fight at that point, I still think that it would've just been a simple matter of carelessly swatting him away.

In an fairness to Zack, we never see him putting up half the fight we see Cloud put up against Sephiroth, who as you put it is the strongest being in FFVII universe.
That's irrelevent. Again, Sephiroth wasn't even trying against Cloud in Advent Children. If he wanted to, he could've ended that fight at any given moment. I can guarentee it. If Cloud were to go up against a Sephiroth who was actually exerting any kind of effort, he would get utterly dominated in a matter of seconds. Zack and Cloud are both equally outclassed by a Sephiroth who actually takes them seriously, so you can't cite Cloud's fight against Sephiroth in Advent Children as a reason for him being superior to Zack.

Also we see Zack fighting an army of Shinra soldiers, killing them in one hit, which Cloud can also easily do, also i'm pretty sure any Soldier 1st Class could last a while against normal Shinra troops.
Actually, no they couldn't. Yes, it's true that a SOLDIER is vastly superior to any normal ShinRa troop, but that doesn't change the fact that Zack was going up against over a hundred of them, each armed with a machine gun or a melee weapon and who had air support. Besides, if you look closely after the fight, you'll see three SOLDIER helmets lying around on the ground. That basically means that Zack defeated over a hundred ShinRa troops (again, with air support) AND three members of SOLDIER. Yes, on their own, ShinRa MPs aren't very impressive, but what makes the feat an incredible one is the fact that there were so damn many of them.

Genesis can't be considered equal in terms of Sephiroth because he was beaten by Zack, and i re-watched the video and i desagree with you when you say he put Sephiroth in the ropes, because honestly Sephiroth does not seem damaged at all by Genesis attacks. And if one says that Sephiroth was not fighting seriously against Cloud or Zack, then we can also say he was not giving his all against Genesis.

And in my opinion after re-watching Sephiroth vs Zack, and Sephiroth vs Cloud (the battle sequence videos) i think we see both Sephiroth and Cloud on a different level then Zack, but that's just my opinion. And if you watched as i'm sure you have the battle sequence between Cloud and Sephiroth, and you see Clouds moves, don't you think he could also go up against a Shinra army? Because no matter how many Shinra soldiers there were with air support, tanks, or more...Sephiroth is probably better then all of them put together.

Genesis can't be considered equal in terms of Sephiroth because he was beaten by Zack, and i re-watched the video and i desagree with you when you say he put Sephiroth in the ropes, because honestly Sephiroth does not seem damaged at all by Genesis attacks. And if one says that Sephiroth was not fighting seriously against Cloud or Zack, then we can also say he was not giving his all against Genesis.
Genesis has Sephiroth trapped in a sphere of fire and was ready to go in for the kill, which was when Angeal interrupted him. That let Sephiroth get back on his feet, figuratively speaking. And yes, Zack can be better than Genesis despite him being in the same league as Pre-Nibelheim Sephiroth. However, that's a whole other discussion in and of itself. The point is that Genesis was able to, if nothing else, compete on Sephiroth's level, and Zack was able to defeat him. As for how he did it...I chalk it up to the fact that he gained significant strength over the course of Crisis Core. Their battle was, remember, at the end of the game.

And Sephiroth was going all-out against Zack. Again, that's why he wasn't able to put up a fight like Cloud was. Sephiroth was taking Zack seriously, whereas he refused to do the same for Cloud. As I've said, Sephiroth has a unique grudge against Cloud. He's always an arrogant ass, but he always takes his opponents seriously. The exception to this rule is, of course, Cloud Strife, who Sephiroth will go to great lengths to torture. So yes, Sephiroth was definitely fighting seriously against Genesis.

And in my opinion after re-watching Sephiroth vs Zack, and Sephiroth vs Cloud (the battle sequence videos) i think we see both Sephiroth and Cloud on a different level then Zack, but that's just my opinion. And if you watched as i'm sure you have the battle sequence between Cloud and Sephiroth, and you see Clouds moves, don't you think he could also go up against a Shinra army? Because no matter how many Shinra soldiers there were with air support, tanks, or more...Sephiroth is probably better then all of them put together.
You seem to be of the impression that I think Cloud is weak. As I've said numerous times, Cloud is still a powerhouse. He's far from the strongest fighter in the FFVII Universe, but he's done some impressive things both before and after his Mako Enhancements. For all I know, maybe he could fare just as well as Zack did against the army of ShinRa troops, but I don't see him doing any better. He's never really done anything to suggest that he's stronger than Zack. The two of them have been shown performing feats of relatively equal strength. To effectively compare them, all anyone can do is base their argument on what they've accomplished, considering they've never actually fought against each other or even in the same Compilation entry.

I'm sorry but i desagree, if you watch Last Order you will see Zack giving his best against Sephiroth and Sephiroth easily block all of his attacks and strikes. You can't say for sure that Sephiroth was going all out on him, but Zack was completely dominated. I saw another video which shows Zack vs VR Sephiroth. Right here, i don't know which part of the game it is, but i think it's near the begining, although you can say Zack was not at his best here.
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=Nivf1JDHmQ0

Also as you said, who knows if Sephiroth when fighting Cloud was not more powerful then he was before the Nibelheim events, don't forget about all the things that happened during FFVII.

I'm sorry but i desagree, if you watch Last Order you will see Zack giving his best against Sephiroth and Sephiroth easily block all of his attacks and strikes. You can't say for sure that Sephiroth was going all out on him, but Zack was completely dominated. I saw another video which shows Zack vs VR Sephiroth. Right here, i don't know which part of the game it is, but i think it's near the begining, although you can say Zack was not at his best here.
Last Order is considered obsolete now thanks to Crisis Core. Of course, even in Last Order itself, it's fairly obvious that Sephiroth is incredibly pissed at Zack. At that point, he was just trying to mow down anything that stood between him and JENOVA. He was far too angry to even be arrogant about it. Sephiroth just wanted Zack dead, or at the very least, out of his way. Though it's been a while since I've seen Last Order, I remember it being fairly obvious that Sephiroth is just going batshit crazy on Zack. If anything, he's definitely not holding back. Yes, Zack was dominated, but Sephiroth was giving his all.

And yes, the fight you showed me takes place towards the beginning of the game. Zack grows tremendously throughout Crisis Core, so you can't use that fight against VR Sephiroth as an example. By that logic, I could use ShinRa MP Cloud's lack of strength as an argument, completely ignoring the fact that he got Mako Enhancements not long afterward. The difference between Beginning of CC Zack and End of CC Zack is really very significant. Before the Nibelheim incident, Zack struggled to defeat a degenerating Genesis. By the end of the game, he was able to beat Genesis in his prime. That shows significant improvement.

Also as you said, who knows if Sephiroth when fighting Cloud was not more powerful then he was before the Nibelheim events, don't forget about all the things that happened during FFVII.
Yes, Sephiroth gained a number of incredible abilities after his dip in the Lifestream. After the event in Nibelheim, Sephiroth gained telekinesis, the ability to make himself intangible, magical spells, manipulation of JENOVA Cells, and attacks like Supernova (exaggerated for Gameplay purposes, but they probably still exist). However, while Sephiroth is definitely stronger in AC than he was in Crisis Core, he doesn't use any of the abilities he gained from his time spent in the Lifestream. If he used telekinesis or magic against Cloud in AC, then I could see you having an argument. However, Sephiroth only uses swordsmanship against Cloud during their battle in Advent Children, which is no different from what he used against Zack.

Actually you're wrong Sephiroth does use his powers against Cloud, if you re-watch the fight he uses his mental power to send half a building crashing against Cloud, he does not use his sword he simply lifts his hands and the building starts colapsing towards Cloud. So he does use his powers, so i think we can say Sephiroth was surely stronger then when he fought Zack, and Cloud was able to keep up with him until the strike to the shoulder.

Simple answer - Up until around half way through FFVII I believe Zack is the stronger but reckon Cloud surpasses him afer that.

ok so if zack killed genesis and angeal and zack did not kill SEPHIROTH what does dat mean. Sephiroth is really stronger dan dem. You guys gotta remember cloud was a failed experiment and came on top of all. If wanna compare battles Ruby Weapon is a much stronger apponet dan Bahamut. And you tell me who you were mainly depending on CLOUD. Everyone else is sucked down as when cloud is still killing it by hisself with Omnislash and Knights Of Di Round. Cloud also didn't fight with his full extent cause he didn't have any materia. Cloud surpassed everyone cause he had magic dat no one else had.

Last edited:
poor oathkeeper.. lol people are posting without reading previous responses so you have to keep going in circles explaining the same thing over and over again

Actually you're wrong Sephiroth does use his powers against Cloud, if you re-watch the fight he uses his mental power to send half a building crashing against Cloud, he does not use his sword he simply lifts his hands and the building starts colapsing towards Cloud. So he does use his powers, so i think we can say Sephiroth was surely stronger then when he fought Zack, and Cloud was able to keep up with him until the strike to the shoulder.
Okay, so he uses his telekinesis once, and he doesn't even use it on Cloud. Sephiroth only used his telekinesis to save himself a few minutes of his time. Tell me, then, Jimmy, if Sephiroth was using his full power during that fight, why didn't he simply restrain Cloud with his telekinesis and use his mental powers to rip him to shreds? Why didn't he turn intangible to avoid Cloud's sword-based attacks? Why didn't he blast Cloud to smitherenes with magic? Why didn't he use Supernova, Heartless Angel, or Pale Horse? The answer is simple; Sephiroth wasn't using his full power. He wasn't even using a fraction of his full range of capabilities and was, instead, restraining himself so that he could make Cloud suffer.

And yes, Sephiroth was stronger than he was during the Nibelheim Incident. We've already established that. However, the reason why he's stronger is because of the abilities he gained (telekinesis, intangibility, magic, etc.), but he doesn't use any of them against Cloud. Okay, so he uses telekinesis on one occasion, but that's about it. Besides, he didn't even use his telekinesis to directly harm Cloud. The truth is that Sephiroth could've ended the fight at any given moment simply by holding Cloud in place with telekinesis. Hell, he could've ended it using swordplay at several points but chose not to. Sephiroth simply wasn't exerting any effort. Besides, towards the end of that fight, Cloud could hardly remain on his feet. He was gasping for breath and on his knees when Sephiroth pinned him to the wall.

ok so if zack killed genesis and angeal and zack did not kill SEPHIROTH what does dat mean. Sephiroth is really stronger dan dem. You guys gotta remember cloud was a failed experiment and came on top of all. If wanna compare battles Ruby Weapon is a much stronger apponet dan Bahamut. And you tell me who you were mainly depending on CLOUD. Everyone else is sucked down as when cloud is still killing it by hisself with Omnislash and Knights Of Di Round. Cloud also didn't fight with his full extent cause he didn't have any materia. Cloud surpassed everyone cause he had magic dat no one else had.
It means that, by the time of the Nibelheim Incident, Sephiroth was stronger than Zack, Genesis, and Angeal. Think about it. A lot of time passed between Sephiroth's fight against Genesis and his fight against Zack. Do you think Sephiroth was just sitting around doing nothing during that time? No. He was training vigorously. Genesis, however, had abandoned SOLDIER, so he didn't get the chance to train himself like Sephiroth did. Naturally, Sephiroth got stronger and Genesis didn't. By the time of the Nibelheim Incident, Zack was as strong as Sephiroth was about a year ago. However, since Sephiroth had been getting stronger, as well, he was still able to dominate Zack.

Oh, and there are also certain people who believe that Zack got an extra boost from the second SOLDIER treatment he received while Hojo experimented on him. Since his fight against Genesis happens after he breaks free of Hojo's laboratory, that could also explain his victory over Genesis.

Furthermore, Cloud wasn't a failed experiment. In fact, Hojo cites him as the only success when the party fights him on top of the Junon Cannon. Besides, the only reason he ended up different from the nameless men in cloaks is because he ran into Tifa, who restored his memories and identity to a degree (and later finished the job in the Lifestream). Had he not encountered Tifa, he would've been just another mindless Sephiroth Copy. Even so, I don't see how that says anything about his physical strength. All it says about him is that he has impressive willpower in that he was, eventually, able to overcome his mental deficiencies through Tifa's help.

Oh, and the "one-on-one fight against Ruby WEAPON" thing was just a gameplay mechanic. You mean to tell me that the other party members just disappear or are sucked underneath the sand? First of all, that, in and of itself, is just ridiculous. Second, Cloud has never once shown himself to be capable of going up against a WEAPON in a one-on-one fight. Hell, he could only fight Diamond WEAPON to a standstill when aided by two other party members. Third, you can fight Ruby WEAPON with anybody. So I guess that means that Barret is superior to Ruby, huh? Again, that's completely ludicrous.

poor oathkeeper.. lol people are posting without reading previous responses so you have to keep going in circles explaining the same thing over and over again
Such is the life of an elitist, my dear friend. Alas, it is my burden to bear and mine alone, unless someone arrives to back me up on this. Either way, I'm verbally owning these two, so it's really nothing to worry about. I'm sure they'll come around eventually.

I'm sorry but i desagree once again, who says Sephiroth can use his mental powers to blow Cloud up? When does he do that, to anyone? I'm sorry but in FFVII and AC i don't see it happening and in all the videos of Crisis Core he does not do it either.

Also according to what you're saying Sephiroth would have to turn into Safer Sephiroth in order to use his full power against Cloud. Because that's the form who uses Super Nova, Wall and so on...

Not the normal form of Sephiroth, so i'm sorry but that does not make sense and it's pretty invalid point to say Sephiroth was not fighting seriously against Cloud because of one attack he uses in FFVII.

Sephiroth was surprised with Clouds attack which cost him the victory, you're right he was probably pretty confident that he could beat Cloud, but if you recall the same "cocky" Sephiroth is surprised with Clouds streght, he asks him where he got it if you remember.

And further more if you consider that in order for Sephiroth to be fighting at full force he would have to use Super Nova and so on, i would to recall that Cloud and team (or two more people) faced him at full force in FFVII and still won, according to FFVII history, so you see Cloud was the only one who witnessed Sephiroths true power and still won.

I'm sorry but i desagree once again, who says Sephiroth can use his mental powers to blow Cloud up? When does he do that, to anyone? I'm sorry but in FFVII and AC i don't see it happening and in all the videos of Crisis Core he does not do it either.
At the end of FFVII, in the North Crater, Sephiroth uses telekinesis to restrain the entire party for a good minute or so. Red XIII even says that it feels as though his body is being physically torn apart. That was when Sephiroth's mental powers were spread amongst eight fighters. Imagine what would happen if he focused all of that mental power on Cloud. I wouldn't be surprised if Sephiroth could simply use sheer telekinetic power to crush Cloud's body. At the very least, Sephiroth would be able to restrain Cloud long enough for him to deal the finishing blow. I mean, even with the help of seven other fighters, Cloud struggled for a solid minute before he was actually able to break Sephiroth's mental grip on his body. That's more than enough time for Sephiroth to impale or cleave him in half.

Also according to what you're saying Sephiroth would have to turn into Safer Sephiroth in order to use his full power against Cloud. Because that's the form who uses Super Nova, Wall and so on...
Nope. Sephiroth's AC form was stated to be his most powerful form by the creators of the FFVII Compilation themselves. As in, during AC, Sephiroth is even stronger than he was as Safer Sephiroth. I think it's safe to assume that he still has access to Supernova, Wall, etc. There's really no reason to believe that he doesn't. If he's stronger than he was as Safer Sephiroth, how could he possibly have lost his other abilities unless he gained something even better as compensation for the loss? Regardless of the circumstances, AC Sephiroth is definitely more powerful than Safer Sephiroth, so it's only logical to assume that he retained all of his abilities from that form.

Not the normal form of Sephiroth, so i'm sorry but that does not make sense and it's pretty invalid point to say Sephiroth was not fighting seriously against Cloud because of one attack he uses in FFVII.
No, it wasn't because of one attack. It's because he didn't use ANY of his attacks other than his basic swordsmanship and flight. No telekinesis, no intangibility, no magic, no Supernova, no Wall, no Pale Horse or Heartless Angel...The list goes on. Plus, it was stated by the Nomura and Nojima that Sephiroth didn't take Cloud seriously. They said, very explicitly, that Sephiroth wasn't exerting any real effort.

Sephiroth was surprised with Clouds attack which cost him the victory, you're right he was probably pretty confident that he could beat Cloud, but if you recall the same "cocky" Sephiroth is surprised to where Cloud all of his streght.
Again, just because Sephiroth was surprised at Cloud's strength doesn't mean that he was acknowledging Cloud as being stronger than him or even in the same league. Yes, Cloud did get much stronger since their last fight, but he still wasn't anywhere near Sephiroth's level. At the very least, he isn't strong enough to make Sephiroth take him seriously. Again, there were multiple points at which Sephiroth could've ended the fight. Hell, he could've ended it at any given moment by restraining Cloud with telekinesis.

And further more if you consider that in order for Sephiroth to be fighting at full force he would have to use Super Nova and so on, i would to recall that Cloud and team (or two more people) faced him at full force in FFVII and still won, according to FFVII history, so you see Cloud was the only one who witnessed Sephiroths true power and still won.
Yes, they did face him at full force in FFVII. However, you contradicted yourself by saying that Cloud had the party on his side. Cloud didn't defeat Sephiroth on his own, he defeated Sephiroth with the help of seven other people. The entire party fought against Bizarro Sephiroth, and then three party members fought against Safer Sephiroth (by which point Sephiroth was probably a bit fatigued from getting whaled on by the entire party). How does Cloud get all the credit here? Yes, he typically does a lot of the fighting, but he definitely couldn't have beaten Safer Sephiroth on his own.

Yet again i desagree...

You're saying Sephiroth can rip bodies apart with telekinesis based only on a statement made by Red, he could simply say that because of the pain he feels, again we never see Sephiroth do this to anyone, so you can't assume that he can do that, based only on that statement.
Also if Cloud broke free in FFVII of Sephiroths "mental prison", he could most likely also do it again in AC, after beating Safer Sephiroth he got stronger so who knows if he can't get free much more easily or if Sephiroth can still paralize him anymore, probably he can't and that's why does not use it.

I did not know that AC Sephiroth was stronger then Safer Sephiroth, that's a pretty good point but still if Cloud is able to survive Super Nova and so on in FFVII, and if he is also stronger in AC, then he probably could also survive those same attacks in AC. And Sephiroth as i showed you does use a portion of his powers against Cloud it does not matter how many times he uses it, because he never used them with Zack (we probably did not have them yet there) but that alone is a sign that Sephiroth used abilities against Cloud that he never showed against Zack, meaning he takes Cloud more seariously then Zack.

I also desagree with the fact that Safer Sephiroth, who is a different and more powerful form then Bizarro Sephiroth, was fatigued at all by the party attacks. Safer Sephiroth is tougher then Bizarro Sephiroth as you know, if he was tired then he should have been weaker not stronger. Also you're right Cloud did have the help of his teammates, all of which are strong in their own way, as we see when they are fighting Bahamut (except Caith Sith i don't think he helped at all), but i believe that apart from Vincent (who i do not know how much streght he as) they are all weaker then Cloud, at least we know Tifa is because she was beaten by Yazoo or Loz (i mix them up) while Cloud defeats Kadaj who is as strong as Yazoo or Loz. So yes they were a key factor in the win against Sephiroth, but i don't think that, that factor alone is the only reason why Cloud was able to beat Safer Sephiroth.

Also the last battle of FFVII, is precisely Cloud alone vs Sephiroth, a battle which Cloud wins alone.

So that's two victories for Cloud against Sephiroth, and another one which we can consider a draw in the Mako Reactor scene.

Back