Zack vs. Cloud: Who's Stronger?

Here are some examples stating that Last Order is not canon, seeing as how you can't read my source from above.

1.) In the Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Edition, on page 226, it stated "'Last Order', is an original anime work depicting the situation of Nibelheim event by one's own explanation." There was also a footnote there, which stated that it was "A work outside the Compilation of FF7".

2.) In Reunions Files, this was stated about Last Order: "The 'Advent Children Advent Pieces Limited' box set includes an animation entitled 'Last Order'- approximately 30 minutes in length. Last Order's production and script were done by Madhouse. Zack's escape and the Nibelheim incident are explored further in this production, while certain scenes differ slightly from the game's storyline (such as the scene in which Tifa looks at Cloud when he comes to save her). Since a single scene can be subject to multiple interpretations, it was agreed upon to portray them in this way. (p.95)

3.) In the FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania, it said, "The most distinguishing feature of 'LO' is that, after completing the supplement of FF7 story, it initiated an independent one. For example, 5 years ago, in the Reactor of Nibelheim, Cloud runs to Tifa and their faces meet at each other; Sephiroth flies downward the Reactor. If you consider it a new interpretation to start FF7, then this work can furthermore be enjoyed."

So.......yeah. And when did they even show Zack fighting Sephiroth in the original FFVII? In Crisis Core, Zack definitely held his own for quite a while before being bested by Sephiroth so your claim of getting his ass handed is "seconds" is erroneous as well.

Here are some examples stating that Last Order is not canon, seeing as how you can't read my source from above.

1.) In the Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary Edition, on page 226, it stated "'Last Order', is an original anime work depicting the situation of Nibelheim event by one's own explanation." There was also a footnote there, which stated that it was "A work outside the Compilation of FF7".

2.) In Reunions Files, this was stated about Last Order: "The 'Advent Children Advent Pieces Limited' box set includes an animation entitled 'Last Order'- approximately 30 minutes in length. Last Order's production and script were done by Madhouse. Zack's escape and the Nibelheim incident are explored further in this production, while certain scenes differ slightly from the game's storyline (such as the scene in which Tifa looks at Cloud when he comes to save her). Since a single scene can be subject to multiple interpretations, it was agreed upon to portray them in this way. (p.95)

3.) In the FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania, it said, "The most distinguishing feature of 'LO' is that, after completing the supplement of FF7 story, it initiated an independent one. For example, 5 years ago, in the Reactor of Nibelheim, Cloud runs to Tifa and their faces meet at each other; Sephiroth flies downward the Reactor. If you consider it a new interpretation to start FF7, then this work can furthermore be enjoyed."

So.......yeah. And when did they even show Zack fighting Sephiroth in the original FFVII? In Crisis Core, Zack definitely held his own for quite a while before being bested by Sephiroth so your claim of getting his ass handed is "seconds" is erroneous as well.

So those sources state that It's just another interpretation of the incident.

Although that if that footnote is true, then It's not canon.

Nevertheless, they did make Zack lose to Sephiroth in seconds of game time. He went into the room and was immediately backhanded and thrown out of the room.

Also, the statement which portrays the creators opinion about the Zack/Sephiroth fight still stands(since It's ultimania material), so he was outclassed.

Using the CC fight also dosen't change much. Sephiroth was clearly trying more in AC(as a much stronger version). He was still being outclassed by the weakest version of Sephy, while Cloud has fought the strongest equally.

Again, my earlier points and statements backed by the creator's words all stand.

In fact, end of FFVII Cloud is already stronger than Zack by the virtue of defeating FFVII Sephiroth's human form in the lifestream, where again, Zack lost.

AC Cloud is the rival to the strongest form of Sephiroth that ever existed, the strongest being that ever existed in FFVII.

Zack is completely outclassed.

Though maybe If he lived he could have grown stronger, but that's just speculation, Zack could have peaked at the end of CC. And Cloud could have peaked at the end of AC, not necessarily making him stronger by DoC times.

Last edited:
damn bullshit website!
while I was finish writtin my post... it become please log-in -_- thats bulllshit!

Anyways I don't want to type a long ass post again so I;ll be writhing only one argument!

Zack soloed everything while Cloud needed his friends(yeah Cloud's a pussy)

People only think that Cloud is stronger because he defeated Sephiroth!
well yeah you'll win if you got to many advatages in your side!

1.Will power(reason to fight, he hurt Tifa, Killed Aerith)
2.Equipment(Buster Sword,Materia)
3.Parties(he's a pussy he needed he's friend)
4.Genetics(Sephiroth and Cloud had sex so Cloud was able to power-up.....yeah I know cloud is so gay)
5.Finisher!(Sephiroth never unleash Octaslash while Cloud did Omnislash)
Yeah of course you'll win!

So yeah Zack is stronger!
PS: Zack took Octaslash and Lived!
so yeah Sephiroth was just playing around with Cloud!(Sephy become lonely and wanted to do Cloud! but Cloud was busy doing Tifa "you know what I mean" XD)

EDIT:I remember reading... that it was canon that Zack defeated Minerva?
so yeah if that was true....Cloud should suck Zack dick rather than doing Tifa!

Last edited:
Back