Xbox One Glitch

UltimaBurnie

Gil
Hey, all! I literally joined this site to post this thread. I purchased the port of FF7 for the Xbox One and have encountered a very disappointing (okay, mildly disappointing) glitch. Sometime after acquiring Yuffie and Vincent, they both have vanished from my party! Yuffie did NOT steal my Materia and run off to Wutai! And never do I recall Vincent leaving the party. I’m sure it would have prompted some sort of corresponding dialogue if he had.

Has anyone else encountered this glitch on any version of the game??

-P.S. I tried going to the basement and Wutai in search of the lost members. No luck.

First of all welcome to the forum!

Second I cannot say for certain about if it's exclusive to the Xbox One or not. I also don't have a copy of the modern console version of the game so I can't really say in regards to that. I can't say I've encountered any glitch like that on the PS1 version or the PSN Classic version.

Welcome to the forum!

I have never encountered this glitch myself. I asked around to see if anyone else has experienced this and this seems to be unknown to most people.

All I can say is that this would not be normal for them to vanish completely from your PHS.

And this problem persists when you reload?

What part of the story are you at (in terms of main content)? It shouldn't matter, but I'm wondering if your position in the plot is affecting Yuffie and Vincent in the Xbox One version.

Welcome to the forum!

I have never encountered this glitch myself. I asked around to see if anyone else has experienced this and this seems to be unknown to most people.

All I can say is that this would not be normal for them to vanish completely from your PHS.

And this problem persists when you reload?

What part of the story are you at (in terms of main content)? It shouldn't matter, but I'm wondering if your position in the plot is affecting Yuffie and Vincent in the Xbox One version.

I just got to disc 3. However, I noticed their disappearance near midway through disc 2. While they aren’t generally who I choose for my party, it will be a nuisance going into the North Cave. Not just for the pathway division, but also the boss sequence where you split up again. Not that I will have any issues with my soon to be O.P. 99 party, it’s the principal more than anything. Not to mention, I miss out on achievements for the game pertaining to those characters.

I can see how that would be annoying. Whether or not they are actually needed in battle, it is always good to have them for the sake of completion. Additionally, the Wutai sidequest is a rather excellent one. I think it is possible that it might be too late to trigger the Wutai sidequest if you are on Disc 3, but even if that is true that doesn't explain why both Yuffie and Vincent should vanish entirely from your game.

Unless I am overlooking something, I suspect that this is a fairly new glitch as a result of the Xbox One port which few people have encountered. It may not have been discovered/reported yet. :sad2:

Back