Advent Children Why was Loz's english voice acting so bad?

Orannis

High Mage of Plot Devices
Gil
Seriously, I'll never forget the how amazingly bad it was - Where's Mother? I'm not crying!

Haha, I agree about Cait's voice being worse...though Loz's was pretty unbearable..."You MEANIEEE!" I've noticed that even in a lot of dubbed anime, the English voice acting can be pretty horrible. I don't know why that is.

I'm not sure if it was bad acting, or the character was intended to be that immature, even childish. The theme is "Advent Children" after all. The Silver Haired Men are supposed to be kinda like Jenova's children, and because they are also kinda like parts of Sephiroth split apart, their mentality will vary greatly. Loz is like a huge contradiction- he's a big muscleman, yet he's soft and obviously obsessed with finding this "mother" figure.

A tough task for any voiceover guy I think, though I do agree in a small way that Loz's voice is annoying. But English voiceover actors never take their jobs as seriously as Japanese ones, so there's a chance he could have been taking the piss:dry:

I wasn't a fan of the dub in general. Tifa and Yuffie sounded fine, but everyone else, not so much.

Rufus made me want to cry. He sounded so hot in the sub, yet so...old in the dub.

And Aerith's voice sounded very cloudy and nasal-like. It wasn't nearly as pure and sweet-sounding as the Japanese version.

I usually like dubs more, but in AC's case, the sub was so much more superior.

Probably because it took them, what, nearly 2 years to voice it? And America did it in...3 months?

I think the English dub of the movie wasn't very well done. The Japanese audio was a lot better. I rather keep reading the English lines at the bottom of the screen than listen to it in English.

The voice actor for Aeris sounded like an idiot. When Cloud and Aeris have the scene in the endless flower valley, and Cloud says he wants to be forgiven, Aeris says "By who?" like she honestly didn't know. In the Japanese verison, she says it teasingly, so the viewers knew what she was thinking.

Why did they make Caith Sith Scottish (or is it Irish?). Dumb.

Vincent's voice was okay, and doubled with his performance against the three spirits, he sounded like Spawn or something :P

Barret was cliche, Cid sounded like a
cowboy, RedXIII I can't recall...

Cloud's voice was serious, like he's in the CIA.

Sephiroth's voice wasn't bad, but I prefer the Japanese one instead.

Tifa was alright. When I played the FFVII game, I imagined she had a different voice, but her voice actor was a reflection of her "don't give up" attitude.

Other characters kind of sounded like they had a little bit of a lisp.

Over-all: Japanese audio better than English.

Clearliy it was the gayness of the character. He was so lame, the voice actor was choking on the terrible script for that char.

'you meanie'.

*is violently sick*

Everyone else was pretty good though, I think Vincent's va was pretty cool. Couldn't ever imagine his voice, I think it was pretty good. Tifa was all right, but the voice actor sounded too much on helium. :P

I think Loz's voice stinks, it really is poor I could barely stand it. >_<

I love Loz and was disapointed in the english version. IMO non of the english voices were at all good. Im a big fan of sub and prefer the Japanese voices used as they can use emotion and not sound retarded.

Back