Which PS4 game to start with?

Ac1dVenus

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
Hi everyone,

When I was a kid I played all the FF games 6 and earlier.
When I owned a PS1 I played FF7 although I don't think I completed it. Then after that I played FFX and then jumped ship to Xbox. So I haven't played 8, 9 or 12.

After playing world of FF on Xbox it really got me wanting more FF in my life so I took the plunge and bought a PS4 (it's not arrived yet).
Which one should I start with? I'll probably buy them all since square have a digital sale on until mod January. But I just don't know where to start.

I prefer turn based battles but I realise this isn't as common these days. You don't need to recommend FFX as I've played that several times and WILL play again, I just need what you all like/don't like in the others. This is everything from the battle system, level system, side quests, mini games and other random things to do. Which is one reason I love FFX so much.

Anyway I'm rambling now, just let me know your thoughts, I've got about a week until I'll have my PS4.

As a side question, are the older FF games that are available as a download on PS3 also available on PS4 such as FF6?

Thanks in advance.

7 And 9 are on psn for ps4, think the rest are all the ports that were on the ps3

I also highly recommend world of fibal fantasy (seriously that game is way better than it had any right to be, actually LOVED it)

Persona 5 is also fantastic - it's right up there for me on my favourite games ever, put 300 hours into it within a few months (and that's with working long hours as well hahaha)

Oh there's zodiak age for ps4 as well.

I played world of final fantasy on Xbox very recently so I can tick that off.

I can't decide between 9 or 12 to start with. 6 And 10 are my faves in the series, are either of 9 or 12 similar to them?

9 seems to get a lot of praise online. I'll probably go with that but my mind could change before the next 24 hours when I finally get my hands on my PlayStation.

FFIX is a good choice, definitely recommend that one over FFXII. If you’re into the classic castles, knights, and a beautiful princess kind of deal, it’s such a perfect world to get immersed in.

FFXII was a little too serious for me but not to say it’s a terrible game. Battle system is fun, probably prefer it over FFIX, but story, music, and characters...FFIX hands down.

Have fun and if you ever need help or just want to discuss Final Fantasy, feel free to post in the appropriate threads or make your own. :)

I would probably prefer 9 if that's the case. I don't mind a serious final fantasy but it's been so long since I've played any kind of RPG like this that I feel I should start with the old fashioned style with castles etc.

It was after all that type of game that got me into RPGs before I realised RPGs was a thing. I remember playing mystic quest on my snes, years later I ventured onto a forum describing the game looking for something similar. I was bombarded with replies of huge lists of games, and that's where my love for final fantasy started!

Back