Veteran
Gil
Warrior
Bomb
Cactuar
Tonberry
Ultros
Don Corneo
So, a discussion yesterday got me thinking about this topic and the many, many different mentalities behind dating: What floats your boat, as regards looking for a partner, hookup or anything in between?

How do you pursue your interest, and how often does it work out for you? What traits and such do you value most? What do you value the least?

How did you meet your current partner, if you have one?

Let us know!

So, a discussion yesterday got me thinking about this topic and the many, many different mentalities behind dating: What floats your boat, as regards looking for a partner, hookup or anything in between?

I've always been a monogamist, so partner is pretty much a must.

How do you pursue your interest, and how often does it work out for you? What traits and such do you value most? What do you value the least?

Well honestly, it works out just fine. I have changed a bit in what I was like in my twenties and teens. I think the most important thing is that I want something that is tangible. You can have all the fun in the world with someone, but the question is how long until you two rub each other wrong by a bad habit of some sort. The criteria at first is very lucid. It can be similar interests, or just the way their humor is. I have waited three months before I started dating someone because of past relationships. I have also started dating the day after committing to it as well, but I was more or less a 20+ year old at that point.

My real thing is I want to be an outdoors type of person. I want to keep climbing and involved in nature. I do not want to be confined to the house because of the fact the weather is bad. I want to find alternative means to trying to circumvent these types of things. I want to go on scientific dork dates. I want to go on public reading dates. I want to go to a wine bar and drink and play board games like a couple of nerds. I want to climb, hike and camp like it wasn't anyone's business.

How did you meet your current partner, if you have one?

We met in High School actually as we went to the same one. She saw a post on facebook about my friends and I indoor climbing. I mentioned how I invisioned it and she asked if her and her kiddo could come along. So we climbed and then a month later, we were talking of dating. So in October of last year we started seeing each other and then we took a few trips. Portland, Oregon - South Lake Tahoe, CA - Sewanee, TN and we will be taking a trip to Asheville, NC here soon to enjoy the hiking. Things are going pretty swell thus far.

I am very tall so preferably not too short. Comfortable with their appearance. I can enjoy things they dread must make them look less than perfect and likewise for myself.
Really don't want people who hate the homeless. Not looking for a blank slate, of course they have their own mind.
But all you get from culture is sneering pretending to be comedy, so stepping away from that.
Should save up and start dating again. Really ram it home I have too much faith in humanity!

Back