What is your ideal '' final fantasy storyline ''

shadrox

Chocobo Breeder
Gil
So i would like to know what is your ideal final fantasy storyline, let it be created or something that is used.. anything would do. I will edit mine in a while, since my computer with my file is under repair ( using a laptop )

Plot elements I like...

-A spy or traitor present in the players party. Say the player spends 20 hours travelling in a party of 20 characters. A plot twist occurs and we realize one of the characters is a spy, traitor or someone with conflicting interests.

-Nonspammable magic use. As opposed to being able to spam 5,000 fire 3 attacks throughout the game, there would be a set limit & consequences per use. Maybe a character would lose 1 year of their life for every ultima or meteor attack used. Some type of twist to reinforce the notion that responsibility comes with power, and the degree to which power can corrupt?... :ohshit:

-More exposition given on what science and technologies are in use. Maybe vacuum based airships(as opposed to helium or hydrogen) or airship hybrids? I don't know. Something technical to add realism.

-More thought given to how finite resources, living space & other aspects of civilization are & how fundamental problems releating to such might be solved. Maybe an arc of the main storyline where civilization runs out of living space and decides to terraform the arctic poles or another planet. Or, have a plot element where pollution or climate is triggering mass extinctions, etc. Not necessarily something resembling the current era, but something that parallels it.

Etc, etc. :ohshit:

A good story is the one that do both of these things, entertain and enlighten the responders. To be entertaining, a story need to have a good plots. A good plots keep the readers engaging and not bored. It's not necessary to have plot twists but having some are nice. To enlighten the responders, the story needs to send a message about a certain topics (theme) through different methods such as symbolism, etc.... It doesn't matter whether the responder agree with the idea that is being communicated through the story, but it's necessary to have one as the responder will at least gain something from it regardless (assuming that the theme was well executed).
I feel like VIII and IX have done best out of all FF when it come to story, with X next in the line.

A main character:
I feel one of the things which has been missing for Final Fantasy recently is the presence of a main character. in XII you were introduced with Vaan, but he was so bland that the other party members took over. in XIII you could say Lighting was the main character but I dont believe it, most of the game you were sectioned of to use most of the party, so I dont think there was a main character. In comparsion to VII - X They had clear intentions of a lead character, VIII took it a bit to far and had the whole game revolve around Squall, while is part was sensational, the rest of the cast was lacking due it it, but it least it gave you someone to connect with.

An antagonist:
Another feature lacking in modern FF, Theres no one antasgonist XII's Vayne hads no presence no personal connection with the team of XII. While you see how deep the connects between Sephiroth and Cloud are, we need some sparks to fly between a progtagonist and antagonist again.

World Map:

They have avoided it for 2 generations now, but sooner or later it will need to be done. XIII while it hads that field in Gran Pulse where you could ride the Chocobo which i loved exploring, the rest of the enviroments just felt like areas wihtin the game but not like a location wihtin a world. I loved how in previous FF's you would explore the world and land in a location like Balamb Town and it had a different vibe from say Galbadia.

This. Also:

Love:

I know it might not be to everyones taste, but all the games I've played(seven and upwards) have had aspects of love in them and I think this really helps to give the characters depth and development. It makes the characters more real and likeable and makes it easier to relate to them. XII and XIII I just didn;t feel like the characters even became friends, they seemed as much strangers by the end as the begining. This may not be purely because of a lack of love story, but it's tue that the recent games have had that missing from them and it might be why the characters feel so flat.

Xx..xX

Love:
I know it might not be to everyones taste, but all the games I've played(seven and upwards) have had aspects of love in them and I think this really helps to give the characters depth and development. It makes the characters more real and likeable and makes it easier to relate to them. XII and XIII I just didn;t feel like the characters even became friends, they seemed as much strangers by the end as the begining. This may not be purely because of a lack of love story, but it's tue that the recent games have had that missing from them and it might be why the characters feel so flat.
Couldn't agree more. I think the story needs to revolve around the characters, not the characters revolve around the story. It's a lot more interesting and enjoyable when it's personal. For instance, I'll name a few of the best FF scenes (imo) to date:

FF7: When Sepherioth killed Aeris, also when Cloud was remembering his true past.
FF8: Squall, not thinking about anything else, jumps into outer space to save Rinoa
FF9: Well, best ending ever. Anyone?
FFX: Tidus' berserk like rage when he found out that Yuna was going to die.

With the exception of maybe 7, all of those scenes wouldn't be possible without the added trait of love. It's almost necessary. It adds compassion and makes you feel for the character. This is something we haven't seen since FFX unfortunately.

Back