SPOILERS Was 9 ruined by the ending?

You've got me all wrong - I'm not talking about the ending... ENDING (i.e. last video).

I'm talking about the whole "Memoria, Crystal World and Final Dimension" rubbish.

Personally, I think the story would have been much better if Garland had of been human and been Kuja's and Zidane's father. Towards the end Zidane would go to another castle in Gaia where both lived and kicked both their arses there.

Isn't that a little cliche?

I adored the storyline particularly when you get to terra the music was awesome the whole garland pandemonium thing was fantastic (and nostalgic if youve played the old games) the only thing that put me off was, i have to agree: Necron. Necron should have been replaced by Kuja, he could have in some way "absorbed" the crystal he tried to destroy and would be granted immortalty if he defeated Zidane *que one-on-one battle*
:P

The ending was fine, maybe could have done with some minor improvements but either way i liked it.

Last edited:
I didn't find anything at all wrong with the ending =o I loved the whole Memoria thing, in fact that's what sealed the deal for me, for IX being one of my favorite FF's.

whole garland pandemonium thing was fantastic (and nostalgic if youve played the old games)
Another reason I loved it so much. I kept getting those warm fuzzy feelings throughout the whole game xD

Personally, I think the story would have been much better if Garland had of been human and been Kuja's and Zidane's father. Towards the end Zidane would go to another castle in Gaia where both lived and kicked both their arses there.
And I agree, that's extremely cliche >_o I would have hated that D:

Necron was the only part I didn't like. It could have been kick ass if you fought the original Kuja, very tough but still able to kick his ass then he becomes Trance Kuja and of course he is much stronger. No need for Necron.

I found Memoria to be a very neat place and i think it fits the story perfectly it remind me of Terras last stance or something likd that!

As for Necron well he was a cool boss...although he really had no reason to be there...

I loved the ending. I loved the plot of Terra attempting to merge with Gaia. I suppose you find it too' far fetched' because you lack the brain capacity to understand.

I thought the ending was awesome. The only bad thing i have to say about it was i thought Necron was random.

He isn't completely random. I'm sure Garland says somewhere he tried to make his own Eidolon, but was afraid of its power. I just assumed that Necron was the Eidolon ... Although that's probably completely wrong -_-U Also, he's Kuja's final bit of character development.

I think that Garnet really should have gone back and picked up her amulet after she tried to beat Zidane

Hell no!
In throwing down the amulet, she was saying that she doesn't care to be queen, she wants to be Dagger - not Garnet til Alexandros - with Zidane.
Had she gone and
picked it up
it would destroy her 'dilemma' - someday I will be queen but I will always be myself.

Personally, I think that you should fight Necron. Only Necron should be explained in more detail. More specifically, I think that the items you can buy in the Treno auction house should 'tell the story' of him, of how he was 'some deluded eidolon who saw no goodness to life etc...'

Last edited:
True. True.
Necron was a bit random, but I have to say he was also probably my favorite end boss of all time .... (he was so easy to beat!;)...but that's just me.)

Anyway the ending? I thought it was fine. It's just all blurry to me since I've only played it twice and that was about 6 years ago.

I agree that Necron was probably the least likeable aspect of the game. I would have prefered to have heard more about him throughout the game.
I know that there is mention of him, but it doesn't create an impact on the storyline enough to make you realize what's going on in the end. o_O

I agree that Necron was probably the least likeable aspect of the game. I would have prefered to have heard more about him throughout the game.
I know that there is mention of him, but it doesn't create an impact on the storyline enough to make you realize what's going on in the end. o_O
I know! They could have done the game without Necron since it didn't really play any part in the game at all, and I thought he was easy to beat. When I faced him I thought it was some secret boss or something like that

Ozma would have made more sense as the ending boss.
And Ozma didn't make any sense at all. o_O

well my opinion is the story was great till it got towards the end i kinda lost the excitement to go further on after a certain point.. 1st 2nd disc were the best part of the game to me..

I liked the first disc the most, I mean that's when all of the characters are introduced, and you first get to see Zidane and Garnet in their playful flirtacious nature. ^_^

As for the ending scene though...it couldn't have been better. ^_^

I liked the first disc the most, I mean that's when all of the characters are introduced, and you first get to see Zidane and Garnet in their playful flirtacious nature. ^_^

As for the ending scene though...it couldn't have been better. ^_^

Eiko and Amarant are introduced in the second disc. Quina is only optionally introduced in the first disc. I actually quite like the second disc. The bits where Zidane and Garnet where Inn the Black Mage Village in and on the boat at Madain Sari.

Last edited:
you kinda needed Garland and all that stuff because of the black mages and Madain Sari. it kinda tied a lot of things together

Well, I think you're same-right.
The Final is very happy-Oh!-I love you!, but emotive.
Well, now I imagine a Final without Zidane (Zidane dies huahuahua!) and it makes me think:

The first time you play FFIX, wich was your reaction if you saw that end?

What had been your reaction when u saw that end?
(sorry, before I've putted "wich was")>_<

Last edited:
Oh man, not at all. FFIX's ending was freak'n awesome if ya ask me. And since this topic did ask me, I'll tell ya my reasons. ;)

Garnet back in charge on the throne after all the events. She's rightfully the ruler of Alexandria now and the city can now go back to it's prosperous ways and dependecy on her instead of fearing corruption and war like when Brahne was in power.

Kuja blushes. Well, maybe not that far, but you can tell he's bit humbled and ashamed when Zidane comes back to save him and when Kuja saves the party at the end.

Garnet and Zidane together as one of the best put together coouples in an FF game. Zidane is still that rambuctious teen that he was in the beginning of the game, pulling his pranks and putting on plays to impress the crowd, but now he's finally found something else in his life that he's hoped for; Garnet. Garnet drops her crystal, but decides its much better to be in the arms of someone you love, than to hold onto a materialistic possession filled with the past.

Back