Bomb
Black Mage
Terra
Cloud Strife
FFXIV
Shu
FFXIV Server
Lamia
As the title says, are you more of a visual learner or auditory learner?

While I have not been in college or high school, I find I am a continuous learner. I am more or less better with pictures. In my day to day at work I use high level architectural diagrams to break down functional flows of applications whether they are mobile or web based. I also have to know the components in each system to make sure where integration tests need to occur for prior to deployments.

From learning new code, I find it stimulating to use old and new algorithms to assess where I should be and where I am now. In the big picture though, audio is okay, but I learn more from visual presenting.

I’m definitely more of a visual learner. I understand concepts better if I see images/diagrams. I also prefer it when people show me how things are done rather than just telling me - for example, when I was doing science labs in high school or uni, it was always better when a teacher would demonstrate how to set up the equipment, rather than just reading the instructions.

I think this is also why I am terrible with names. If you tell me your name verbally, I’ll always forget! But if I see it on paper, then I’m more likely to remember it.

Reactions: Shu
Yeah, I'm also a visual learner. I just find it easier to map out everything in front of me. Also I enjoy writing a lot so I find it fun just scribbling down everything and then later on organising it in a way that's easy to process.

Visual learner, all the way. In my college days, I started out as an electrical engineering major. After 2 and half years, I switched to mechanical engineering. Why? Because you can't visualize anything in the electrical world. I had a hard time comprehending electrical ideas because there's nothing to see. I would try to visualize a spark coming from the voltage/current source and spanning across the circuit until it reached ground. It just didn't work. In the mechanical world, you can picture all of it. A car at moves this distance across this time, what is the velocity? It can be visualized. You can even test that theory if you really wanted to. Good luck doing that in the electrical world.

Long story short, visual, yes.

Back